Students

MPH programs Ontario cGPA 3.3

[OP]
Jan 30, 2019
2 posts

MPH programs Ontario cGPA 3.3

Hey guys,

So I am PR in Canada with international credentials. I have completed medical school and I want to apply in Public Health programs in Ontario.

My cGPA is 3.3 and my last two year and last 20 courses GPA is 3.18. My IELTS general score was 7.5 but I will be taking academic IELTS soon. Apart from that I have two years of work experience abroad in hospital and community health setup. I am doing volunteer work in Long Term Care Center in GTA right now. And I will be taking statistics course in June.

Can you guys share your experience with MPH programs? Do they look at overall profile or cut off candidates on the basis of grade point average?

I am thinking of applying to Guelph/McMaster/Lakehead for MPH programs.

If someone was in similar boat as me, in terms of GPA, and made it through please share your experience.

Thanks
4 replies
Nov 9, 2011
536 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
While your cGPA is not bad, but it doesn't really count if it is not from an international recognized institution/program. Where did you graduated from?
[OP]
Jan 30, 2019
2 posts
Hey thanks for the reply. I have graduated from Pakistan. My university is recognized according to whed.net and I have had my transcripts verified by WES as well
Dec 13, 2017
137 posts
105 upvotes
Apply to mac eHealth and MBA...they both have coop options
Dec 27, 2018
1 posts
Why do you encourage him to apply to the ehealth program, if i may ask?