Automotive

Mr. Clean Auto Dry car wash discountined?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2016 10:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 17, 2009
104 posts
2 upvotes
Markham

Mr. Clean Auto Dry car wash discountined?

I've been using the Mr. Clean Auto Dry car wash system for a few years now and so far I'm very happy with it. However recently I'm not able to find the refill soap anymore. At one CT I saw they got all the filters for this system in one of those "on sale" bins and put them on sale for $1.99 each (versus regular like $8 each), so I got a bunch thinking it was a great deal but when I need the soap I couldn't find anymore around...

So anyone know if this product is really discountined or not? I honestly hope not and I'm happy with it for sure!
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2677 posts
290 upvotes
Alberta
P&G has discontinued it. The last time I seen it was at Liquidation World. Too bad, I have one and really liked it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20275 posts
1685 upvotes
Yeah discontinued I think. But you can find them at a lot of liquidators (XS Cargo, Giant Tiger, Liquidation World, etc.) for cheap. The whole kit with the big bottle of soap and the full-filter usually go for like $6-8--cheaper than the bottle of refill soap went for at retail. Only problem is if you buy a bunch you end up with all these guns (sprayers) you don't need, lol.

I wouldn't be so worried about the soap though, you can use any soap in there and it's actually recommended by many that you use a different car wash solution. The problem is going to be when you can't get the filters anymore because that is really the big benefit of the system.

Anyway yeah head over to your local liquidation shop and see what you can find ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2820 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
Which CT had the filters for $1.99 ? I would love to stock up.

I really only use the filter/gun at the end as it leaves no water marks - the rest can be anything as the other poster mentioned.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3187 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder why they are discontinuing it as it worked pretty good for drying.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
5922 posts
151 upvotes
Murica
last I checked, my local Walmart had the kit for clearance.
stockyards (runnymede and st clair w.)
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
It's been in the XS Cargo flyers lately.
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11891 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
I've never used this product, but from what I could see, you could probably piss harder than it for the final rinse...
Deal with it.
[OP]
Mar 17, 2009
104 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
wmahmud wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 12:52 pm
Which CT had the filters for $1.99 ? I would love to stock up.

I really only use the filter/gun at the end as it leaves no water marks - the rest can be anything as the other poster mentioned.
The one at Markham Rd. and 14th. It's been a while since I was there so not sure if they were all gone.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
20275 posts
1685 upvotes
KorruptioN wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 4:21 pm
I've never used this product, but from what I could see, you could probably piss harder than it for the final rinse...
Yeah but that's the point, the filtered water is a light mist which you soak the car with.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1160 upvotes
win-star wrote:
May 10th, 2010 4:14 pm
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have found a Mr. Clean Auto Dry Car wash Kit on amazon.com and I am not sure if us Canadian an get USA amazon to ship it here. $16.57 US

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-MCC0AA-S ... B0001YLJBO
Too expensive. It's only $7.97 at XS Cargo and they have it in stock at all their locations, it seems.
http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_cata ... Car%20Care
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
1254 posts
I saw the autodry kit at the Real Canadian Super Store @ Dufferin & Steeles I think it was going for $9.99
FS Items:
Mar 11, 2007
178 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Saw the whole kit in Winners for $7.99 (Leaside)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2820 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody seen just the refills for cheap anywhere lately? Don't need the whole kit or the soap, just really care about the final rinse/mist that keeps the water spots away.
× < >