None
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1997 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto

[Mr. Lube] Mr. Lube $7 off coupon

Got this in my email today.

To our loyal eClub members, we wanted to say thank you for your ongoing patronage. Visit any Mr. Lube location in the Greater Toronto area and enjoy $7 off of your next oil change and $7 off your next major service over $60.00. The major services include Automatic Transmission Fluid Change, Radiator Fluid Change, Fuel System Cleaning Service, Fuel Filter Replacement or Battery Replacement. Feel free to forward this coupon to friends and family!

Your coupon is waiting for you at http://www.mrlube.com/eclub/promo/7-7Promo.htm .

Please print this coupon and bring to Mr. Lube. The oil change coupon expires on July 31, 2007 and the major service coupon expires on September 30, 2007.

Visit http://www.mrlube.com/locations/ for the Mr. Lube location nearest you.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4250 posts
113 upvotes
How much does an oil change cost on average at dealers?
Feb 27, 2006
51 posts
Windsor
Come on...don't you think it is worth an extra $12.95 to dump a $2.59 bottle of fuel injector cleaner into the gas tank? It must take them at least an extra 30 seconds to perform that service! ;)

p.s. I am just guessing on those prices. Feel free to let me know if any of my estimations are way off.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1235 posts
27 upvotes
Avenger wrote:
Jul 11th, 2007 10:57 am
These crooks charge $50 for an oil change, this coupon doesn't even make it competitive :(
I don't think it's really $50 now is it??....
Aug 27, 2004
214 posts
8 upvotes
I just had it done the other day, $39.99 plus $2 dollar environmental something or other, made it $47 with taxes in. That was for the generic filter and barrel of oil....

It had been a while since I had changed the oil in the wife's car, kinda suprised me with the price!
Nov 26, 2003
280 posts
24 upvotes
Well, ppl still pay for the convinience.
Sure CrapyTire does it for less, like $10 less before any sale, but not as fast and need appointment.
It cost $43 for basic oil change at Mr. Lube in Vancouver, so less $7 brings it down to $35, not a hot deal, but an average price, just faster service.
Aug 14, 2006
737 posts
19 upvotes
Wow Mr.Lube is more expensive than the Honda Dealer.

The Honda Dealer charges 34.95+tax incl environmental fees with 5w30 or 5w20 "Genuine Honda Oil".

Why is Mr. Lube so expensive?

Also the DIY is 10x cheaper. It cost me about 15.00 Incl 4.4L Castrol GTX oil and a GENUINE HONDA OIL FILTER.

So I'm saving big time!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7378 posts
826 upvotes
Mississauga
It is $49.99ish once you add in the recycling surcharge and filter charge they add. My gf paid $55ish all said and done! I just drove out. Speedy and Midas always have coupons on their site, so it is only $23 or so after everything. I would never go to Mr Lube after seeing their prices.
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
My Heatware | RFD Feedback |
Check out my Deals on RFD! | Email me.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4250 posts
113 upvotes
ids748 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2007 3:45 pm
Wow Mr.Lube is more expensive than the Honda Dealer.

The Honda Dealer charges 34.95+tax incl environmental fees with 5w30 or 5w20 "Genuine Honda Oil".
I'm guessing prices vary from different locations.

Markham honda charges $36.88+tax.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11359 posts
763 upvotes
Mississauga
I guess I gotta settle for Canadian Tire. I drive daily on Hwy, so dont want to exceed my 5K interval. That woudl be the only place open after 5
Dec 31, 1969
You'll need "Mr. Lube" when they bend you over... ;)

Thanks to the OP regardless, $7 is $7 if someone likes going there for whatever reason...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
2232 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
its extra $15 bux for convience, 15mins in and out, last time i went to the Honda dealer it took a hour, still i dont even know if they did the change or if they did all the "routine checks", probably just checked everything was fine without taking a look, with MrLube i can see everything in front of me.
Apr 21, 2005
380 posts
19 upvotes
Milton
greg123 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2007 10:25 pm
its extra $15 bux for convience, 15mins in and out, last time i went to the Honda dealer it took a hour, still i dont even know if they did the change or if they did all the "routine checks", probably just checked everything was fine without taking a look, with MrLube i can see everything in front of me.
Exactly, and to most people, 45 minutes of their time is worth $15 or more. I go to Mr. Lube now and then, when my time is at a premium. Otherwise, Costco is fine if I have hours to kill.

Thanks for the coupon, OP!
× < >