Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mr. Lube

Free pair of Michelin Hybrid wiper blades with any oil change

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2020 1:14 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
SomeOtherDude wrote: so did they steal the original wiper blades to sell on the black market ?
Makes no difference to me. As far as I'm concerned, they ripped my wife off and then lied to me because they wanted to keep the OEM wiper blade bodies for themselves. I can only hope the #$#$# who kept them lets the arm slip when he tries to install them and cracks his windshield. Karma's a cracked windshield, eh!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2011
2372 posts
3008 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: Free pair of Michelin Hybrid Wiper Blades (with installation) with any oil change at Mr. Lube.
You can print the coupon here in this link: https://www.mrlube.com/wipers2020/wiper ... 020-coupon
MrLube.png
Yes, I know. Abc, Xyz is way better than Mr. Lube, etc, etc. So only for those who are already planning to get an oil change at Mr. Lube!
You can by michelin blades at the dollar store for cheap.

If Mr Lube offered free FACTORY wiper blades, that would be a good deal.
Apr 9, 2019
183 posts
101 upvotes
yao416 wrote: If you only need oil change, then Costco

Before anyone says “but you gotta wait hours in line to get a oil change”

Use the damn online booking!
Link? I found costcotireappointments.ca but it seems like you can’t just book an oil change alone. You have to pick another service first. Also, can you bring your own oil?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
DealDweller wrote: Link? I found costcotireappointments.ca but it seems like you can’t just book an oil change alone. You have to pick another service first. Also, can you bring your own oil?
That’s the correct website. You have to select another service first, like tire repair. And then select oil change.

When you get to the front desk. Just say you’re here for a oil change. They won’t do tire repair
hated on but respected.
Apr 30, 2011
240 posts
108 upvotes
Saint-Jerome
Leaving your car there is kind of like leaving your kid with a catholic priest.
It might be fine and nothing bad happens but do you really want to take that risk ?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3149 posts
1334 upvotes
Windsor
crasher wrote: Time to book appointment for tesla oil changeSmiling Face With Open Mouth
The GF's father just had an oil change and coolant flush on his Tesla ...
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Jan 2, 2013
365 posts
658 upvotes
Montreal
I once went there for a tire change. At the same time, they were working on a 2017 audi Q7, also for a tire change, while the owner was shopping in the store. They misplaced the lift (not on the frame but on the body) and they completely destroyed the floor of the car. I was there the whole time until the owner of the Audi came and left, and they never told him anything.

So if you ever decide to go to Mr Lube, always observe the work.
Nov 28, 2018
49 posts
36 upvotes
It should be called " Mr ... LUBE UP "
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1567 posts
1534 upvotes
BaDumTss wrote: So if you ever decide to go to Mr Lube, always observe the work.
No, just don't go there. Go to a real mechanic, do it yourself or barring both, a stealership with a good reputation they don't want ruined.

For another fun anecdote, my Father used to go to Mr. Lube, against my advice. The last time he did they damaged the coolant reservoir (despite there being no reason for them to even go near it for an oil change and it being clear you can check in without opening it.), did not admit it and let him drive away with an unsafe vehicle
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1475 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
ChubChub wrote: The GF's father just had an oil change and coolant flush on his Tesla ...
Coolant flush only required for pre 2017 builts. Newer teslas dont need it.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11669 posts
14022 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
Not nuff said.
That’s one side of the story, and it’s usually made out to be worse than it actually is.
$10 says that guy let them change filters and stuff, which inflated the price.
If you can’t go to Mr Lube and firmly decline everything they try to up sell you, then you shouldn’t go there and then whine about it later.
I’ve been to Mr Lube on a few occasions, and never did it cost anywhere near what that guy claims.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
1304 posts
2447 upvotes
Let me continue to add to the bad anecdotes: My cousin brought in his 2010(?) Ford Escape into Mr. Lube for a transmission fluid change (against my pleading of not to go to them). Somehow they messed that up, and his transmission broke down not one week after he got it back. They actually admitted fault initially and once they saw the damage was sever enough that it required mechanical work, they refused to do it. Many emails and lawyering up, they finally decided to pay for the fix and gave him a rental in the meantime too. Just please take care of your vehicles and treat them like the mult-thousand dollar purchases they are.
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
192 upvotes
TORONTO
yao416 wrote: If you only need oil change, then Costco

Before anyone says “but you gotta wait hours in line to get a oil change”

Use the damn online booking!
Tried online booking but none of the stores around Hamilton have an oil change option. All tire based services. Which location do you use?

Oh nevermind. Just saw your answer in mr-lube-free-pair-michelin-hybrid-wiper ... #p32174450 (link seems broken... #84 ) that I have to pick another service first then refuse it when I get there. Feels a bit scummy though.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
jeremy4 wrote: Tried online booking but none of the stores around Hamilton have an oil change option. All tire based services. Which location do you use?

Oh nevermind. Just saw your answer in mr-lube-free-pair-michelin-hybrid-wiper ... #p32174450 (link seems broken... #84 ) that I have to pick another service first then refuse it when I get there. Feels a bit scummy though.
Ancaster location never cared about it. I’ve been doing this for years
hated on but respected.
Nov 20, 2014
28 posts
12 upvotes
North York, ON
cant believe these guys are still in business
Jan 4, 2008
637 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
horiah00 wrote: For all the people who change the oil themselves, what are you guys doing with the used oil? You can't just pour it down the drain or throw it in the garbage
You collect the oil! then you drop it off at Canadian Tire, Partsource or at a City Transfer station (authorized garbage dump for specific materials), I think there are plenty of other places that should take it as well.
Aug 6, 2012
349 posts
192 upvotes
TORONTO
horiah00 wrote: For all the people who change the oil themselves, what are you guys doing with the used oil? You can't just pour it down the drain or throw it in the garbage
Can't tell where you're from but in Ontario you can find a close one at https://www.makethedrop.ca/locator/ and other provinces might have a similar thing. If not the municipal waste depot usually takes this stuff for free or will tell you who will.