• Nov 10th, 2017 1:06 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
134 posts
72 upvotes
chimaican wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 8:50 pm

Sorry but this statement irks me.
Yeah... If you served or if you still do. Take advantage of it.
But for me, when I do need a quick oil change since I'm usually always on the road between service calls, I just go in and say right off oil change only, do not check anything else. I usually don't get harassed after that or they notice it's a company vehicle and know I could care less if I need an air filter! Their $30 air filter is the exact same one I get for $10 at crappy tire and or the auto supply store right behind the Mr. Lube I use in my case. But yes they can hard sell and do screw up sometimes. Years ago, went home after oil change and popped the hood to check something else. Sitting by the hood release area, they left their socket wrench sitting there!
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13750 posts
9269 upvotes
Toronto
Bump
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Nov 9, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
I just received my free oil change and the staff at Mr. Lube were fantastic and did NOT try to up-sell me! I am not sure why there has been negative comments on this thread. Full synthetic oil change valued at $122 and no questions asked after they saw my Veteran licence plate. Thank you Mr. Lube for a wonderful gesture of thanks!!!