• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 4:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 7, 2019
2 posts

Msp bill

Hello I’m wondering if anyone knows if msp puts lien on your home if they can take it away if it goes unpaid?
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
833 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
You're from BC, right?
No, MSP will not put a lien on your home. If they do, then run to the media, don't even bother with your local MLA.
But, it's still best to pay the bill. $75/month for a couple.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
I never pay because they'd take it from my CRA tax return. I let them waste time and money mail out the non-sense and call the poor unfortunate using my former TN LOL
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6818 posts
3980 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dekvitaly wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:44 pm
I never pay because they'd take it from my CRA tax return. I let them waste time and money mail out the non-sense and call the poor unfortunate using my former TN LOL
Really? How strange. Just pay the bill like everyone else.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Chickinvic wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:00 pm
Really? How strange. Just pay the bill like everyone else.
I still pay. it's taken from tax bill.
Only BC still use the monthly subscription payment.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
5632 posts
5599 upvotes
Vancouver
Messerschmitt wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 2:54 pm
Luckily it's abolished in 2020
Can't come soon enough. We don't pay monthly premiums to have the police or fire department there for us when we need them, we pay for them through taxes. Never understood why medical system isn't funded the same way, like it is in every other province. The monthly premium system and its associated bureaucracy always seemed like such a waste. MSP was the first thing that I submitted through Gordon Campbell's Waste Buster website after he set it up in 2001.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
@Kiraly they eventually still get it through your CRA if you don't pay. So I do not understand the whole point of doing this monthly MSP thing.
Plus if I were to say fairly, I wouldn't pay for MSP considering the service being given by BC practitioners - what a fraud for the type of service and money.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8185 posts
1123 upvotes
Just in-case anyone is wondering, in Ontario we have a healthcare premium too and it's automatically deducted from your pay or pension.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-premium

So before someone feels smug in this province realize that you're paying one too. Thanks Dalton McGuinty and his lying sacks of Lib-tards.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Aug 25, 2015
171 posts
265 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Might as well pay the whole year upfront to help keep those credit card sign-up bonuses coming.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6818 posts
3980 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Frankie3s wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:02 pm
Just in-case anyone is wondering, in Ontario we have a healthcare premium too and it's automatically deducted from your pay or pension.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-premium

So before someone feels smug in this province realize that you're paying one too. Thanks Dalton McGuinty and his lying sacks of Lib-tards.
Ontario's is pretty bad. When we do our taxes, I think it is $1,350 between hubby and I, plus our employers have to pay every month (Employee Health Tax). EHT for a company with payroll over $400K is 1.95%. So, our employers put in thousands of dollars based on our earnings too. There is no such thing as free healthcare ANYWHERE in the world. The funds have to come from somewhere.
Dec 6, 2016
99 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
dekvitaly wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:44 pm
Who's money exactly do you think is being wasted?
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Karebear77 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 3:43 pm
Who's money exactly do you think is being wasted?
I have to pay for it anyway. I yet to receive anything. Why blaming me?
Dec 6, 2016
99 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
dekvitaly wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 3:51 pm
I have to pay for it anyway. I yet to receive anything. Why blaming me?
Did you mean to answer my question?

Who is blaming you?
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
Karebear77 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:32 pm
Did you mean to answer my question?

Who is blaming you?
you were indirectly blaming me wasting the gov money for not following one of the most stupid system.

There are people out there looking to abolish this system and ensure a modern BC.