• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 2:31 pm
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts

MTax 2016 fall

I applied MMPA (UofT) and MTax (Waterloo) for this coming summer/fall.
I got an offer a week ago from MMPA, however, I have been getting mixed reviews on this program.
As we all know, MTax is highly competitive to get in. I wonder should I go with MMPA if there is no offer from Waterloo.
Any input will be appreciated.
PM me your facebook, if you are in a similar situation this year, we can chat about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------Result update------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got MTax's offer on April 18, the result was uploaded on Quest first, email notification on the following day.
17 replies
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts
I am still waiting for the decision from MTax, if any of you applied for this fall intake, let me know.
I completed my file on the beginning of Feb'16, a couple of people I know of got denied on April 13.
Feb 15, 2016
117 posts
4 upvotes
Why are u doing MMPA?
Was your undergrad not in business??

If your undergrad was in business, then I recommend that you go for MBA from Rotmans instead of MMPA
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts
abcde12345 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2016 9:59 am
Why are u doing MMPA?
Was your undergrad not in business??

If your undergrad was in business, then I recommend that you go for MBA from Rotmans instead of MMPA
Long story short, I wanna a career in public practice, audit/tax doesnt matter.
I am not a fan of MBAs, even I want to do a MBA, I probably will go with Ivey or schools in the states but not Rotman.
Jul 1, 2015
99 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I applied for mTax 2016. Did any of you hear anything back from them yet?
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts
Yaki7777777 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2016 2:30 pm
I also applied this year but haven't heard anything from them
Two people got offer today on Quest, there is one people I know who is still waiting.
You are not alone, good luck!
PM me your facebook or linkedin if you like (wechat if you are Chinese).
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1226 posts
228 upvotes
Mecca
How many people do they let in every year? I assume they have good employment prospects?
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts
LUMilkman wrote:
Apr 20th, 2016 10:40 pm
How many people do they let in every year? I assume they have good employment prospects?
I do not know about this year, I will only know when the school starts in September.
Prior years, MTax's class size is around 35 for full time students.
It has excellent career outlook imo.
Mar 13, 2015
7 posts
Scarborough, ON
Have you accepted the MMPA offer, or MTax? I am hoping to apply to the MMPA this year and was wondering what your experience was like. Were you a business major or arts/sci in undergrad? (I did a B.A in undergrad so hoping to just gain more knowledge prior to applying)
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts
EnnAyyEss wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2016 4:12 pm
Have you accepted the MMPA offer, or MTax? I am hoping to apply to the MMPA this year and was wondering what your experience was like. Were you a business major or arts/sci in undergrad? (I did a B.A in undergrad so hoping to just gain more knowledge prior to applying)
MMPA is using rolling base admission, I got an offer in Feb, so I have to accept it first to reserve the seat. Then MTax's offer comes in mid April, I declined MMPA's offer after I got Mtax's.
For applying MMPA, if you are Canadian/PR, you will be considered using rolling base as well. I had a BBA in accounting, the only reason I'm applying MMPA is because I need a backup plan for MTax. If you passed all the requirements for MMPA, and you apply early enough, you pretty much guarantee the admission. Just be aware of the hefty tuition and the opportunity cost. For someone who does not have a business degree, you probably end it up with 27 months option, it will cost you around $80k tuition minus OSAP if you are ontario residents (im not so I am not familiar with it), minus scholarship if you meet the GPA or GMAT threshold.
I think MMPA is holding info session throughout the year, you may able to get more information from it.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Apr 28, 2016
3 posts
Hey OP,

I am interested in applying for this program next year. Can we speak over PM about this?
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
12 posts
Trinity7100 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2016 10:00 pm
Hey OP,

I am interested in applying for this program next year. Can we speak over PM about this?
Please post your questions here if they are more generic, it will help other people who also want to apply.
Otherwise, pm me your Facebook or LinkedIn, as it is easier to chat over there.
Thanks
Apr 28, 2016
3 posts
Hey,

I would like to know about personal statement, work experience and GPA.