• Feb 16th, 2018 8:38 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA

The Mulroney we never knew now wants to be the next premier of Ontario

Caroline Mulroney discusses her Ontario PC leadership bid. Mulroney is a lawyer and the daughter of former prime minister Brian Mulroney.
To read more: http://cbc.ca/1.4519304

Caroline Mulroney spoke about her vision for the PC party in a conversation with Conservative MP Lisa Raitt. Watch the full event here.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1201 posts
380 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I believe she was born and raised in Montreal. She married an American and lived in NYC for many years. Apparently she lives here now with her husband and kids. When did they move back and how much does she know about Ontario to represent us.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8515 upvotes
GTHA
icantfigureoutausername wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:59 pm
I believe she was born and raised in Montreal. She married an American and lived in NYC for many years. Apparently she lives here now with her husband and kids. When did they move back and how much does she know about Ontario to represent us.
She says she has lived the majority of her life in Canada and Ontario...

Mulroney has already been criticized for spending part of her life outside of Canada — she attended Harvard and New York University — but she says the attacks don't hold up.

"That's just a misstatement of fact," she said. "I've lived the majority of my life in Canada and Ontario."

from http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/02/04 ... _23352502/
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2430 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto
Will caricature artists draw her with a big chin?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
833 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Can Ontario do any worse?
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Oct 9, 2017
154 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
I like her personality but she seems sort of nervous and unsure. I do like her.

I think any of Doug, Christine and Caroline are better than Wynne but I'm rooting for Doug the most. I'd also vote for Andrea if she is in the lead in the polls. Anyone but the Liberals.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7618 posts
1503 upvotes
Probably because the Trudeau we never really knew became the Party Leader then PM.

At least this Mulroney is a Lawyer like the real Trudeau...
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2155 posts
1141 upvotes
25 years after the 'brand' of her namesake was vanquished at the polls in one of the most spectacular defeats of a governing party in the history of Canada, that's going to be a really tough sell.

And she'll never be able to shake the 'rich girl' image that was most thoroughly fomented by the behaviour of her mother and father during his time in office.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33517 posts
7535 upvotes
Ottawa
OntarioRocks wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 1:03 am
I like her personality but she seems sort of nervous and unsure. I do like her.

I think any of Doug, Christine and Caroline are better than Wynne but I'm rooting for Doug the most. I'd also vote for Andrea if she is in the lead in the polls. Anyone but the Liberals.
I generally agree with you.
I have hesitation with Caroline. I believe that she needs some serious political training and should start as a MPP or even federal MP before trying to become queen.
The Ontario conservatives are going to tank themselves (as they have done so fantastically in the last 4 elections) if they have a crowded, divided leadership race. There needs to be a clear first ballot winner that the entire party can get behind and move forward in unison.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11376 posts
6197 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Hell, I can run for Premier....

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8079 posts
883 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 8:47 am
Hell, I can run for Premier....
U got my vote.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14324 posts
4186 upvotes
Here 'n There
Listened to her on Newstalk 1010 this morning. Wow, she might have an impressive career in law but she's someone with zero political background and her answers to questions showed she's an airhead with politics. When asked why she would make a good leader for the party, she replied because she raised a family while holding down a job. Wow. Amazing. There are therefore millions of great candidates in Ontario!

Wynne will make mincemeat out of her if she ends up as the Conservative leader. Can't wait until Wynne wins again. Best Ontario Premier ever!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1220 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
She's a dummy and a drone just like Trudeau. Enough with this monarchy-like bullcrap that we have to endure the genes of past clowns. Lets put a real citizen in power. Cmon out lf millions of people we cant put an aggressive and brilliant leader in power?
Jun 5, 2015
951 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, ON
poleman wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:40 pm
Can Ontario do any worse?
Worse than Wynne ? That would be tough to beat ....
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2004
1616 posts
156 upvotes
Mississauga
Lawyer vs Politician. Not much of a difference. I wouldn`t vote for her.