Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 17, 2007
75 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto

[Canadian Tire] Murray 12-amp. electric snowblower $299

For those that missed the Canadian tire deal. This deal is online only.

Murray
84 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4722 posts
108 upvotes
GTA
FWIW, I have one of these from about 2 years ago, and it really saved my back over the weekend. It's more for small/light snowfalls on smaller driveways, but if you're patient it can do deeper/heavier snow in several passes.

Probably took a little longer than straight shoveling (then again I was out and going while neighbours were still trying to get their gas beasts running), but with THREE people in my office today off work from putting their backs out, it gets a thumbs-up from me.
Rock it.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
26844 posts
405 upvotes
Ottawa
chdude3 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 11:32 am
....... with THREE people in my office today off work from putting their backs out,......
All the more reason to maintain a slightly higher level of physical fitness....bunch 'a'pansy asses.

Rushing into the Local St00ples for a pm doesn't count as physical activity....*recalls that dude who got the Zellers kid to carry out his sound system instead of doing it himself (herself?)...shameless.
●unlim CDN air&msging●unlim Global SMS●CD/VM●6Gb●$50
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
May 28, 2005
856 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
Maybe ok for GTA people

NOT GOOD for MTL people..trust me on this
Mar 14, 2005
853 posts
59 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 11:36 am
All the more reason to maintain a slightly higher level of physical fitness....bunch 'a'pansy asses.

Rushing into the Local St00ples for a pm doesn't count as physical activity....*recalls that dude who got the Zellers kid to carry out his sound system instead of doing it himself (herself?)...shameless.
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? You ripped in to a few threads today....

Get a life.

:mad:
Aug 8, 2007
430 posts
51 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 11:36 am

+1 buddy.
Sep 28, 2007
155 posts
13 upvotes
Danno2005 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 11:40 am
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? You ripped in to a few threads today....

Get a life.

:mad:
Probably the same guy who took a dump in yours.
He does have a point. Common sense and a little snow shoveling is good for you. If such basic activities are out of your grasp, maybe operating mechanical tools is something to leave to neighborhood kids.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2002
4988 posts
418 upvotes
willy wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 12:04 pm
Wanna ask all of our RFDers living in Ontario who own/use electric snow throwers .... How's your performing over the past weekend ? I am a bit hesitate ... Is it powerful enough ?
I tried an electric once (a Craftsman or Sears model I think), and it was useless. It handles the light stuff okay, but that stuff you can shovel easily anyway. And the throw distance won't be that far, so on a particularly snowy winter (like this one), you have to throw it pretty high and far (over the mounds on sides of the driveway) otherwise it'll just fall back on to your driveway.

And for the stuff at the end of the driveway that plows build up, an electric will be next to useless.

For the money, get a used quality snowblower. I'd recommend ones with Honda or Toro engines. As long as they haven't been abused, they should last a long time (I have a coworker who has a 10 year old used Honda (or Toro, don't remember) and it's still working good.
Dec 1, 2003
233 posts
148 upvotes
feroxide wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 12:21 pm
Probably the same guy who took a dump in yours.
He does have a point. Common sense and a little snow shoveling is good for you. If such basic activities are out of your grasp, maybe operating mechanical tools is something to leave to neighborhood kids.
Put down the shovel and step away from the attitude.

Think twice if you:
  • have had a heart attack or have other forms of heart disease
  • have high blood pressure or high cholesterol levels
  • are a smoker
  • or lead a sedentary lifestyle
Yes it is good exercise but there are many people every year who keel over when shovelling snow. Maybe you can use your good health to assist an elderly or sick neighbour.
Jan 4, 2006
529 posts
25 upvotes
willy wrote:
Dec 17th, 2007 12:04 pm
Wanna ask all of our RFDers living in Ontario who own/use electric snow throwers .... How's your performing over the past weekend ? I am a bit hesitate ... Is it powerful enough ?
Got one a month ago at canadian tire, not this brand but some cheap no name one also 12 amp for $100. Did alright in the weekend. It would stop sometime, probably overheating. So I switched back and forth between the regular shovel and the electric. It's a bit slow in the deep snow that way but work alright.

This one looks to be more heavy duty and better built than mine. Then again, it's 3 times the price.
May 26, 2006
339 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
so it couldnt handle this past weekends snow? whats the next step up after this(amp-wise)?
× < >