Muskoka or Blue Mountain?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2016 8:27 am
Tags:
Oct 11, 2011
107 posts
22 upvotes

Muskoka or Blue Mountain?

Hi, my wife's bday is coming and not sure if i should take her to the Westin Trillium Hotel in Blue Mountain or Deerhurt Resort in Muskoka. My 5 yr old son will also be joining us and i want to make sure both of them have fun. Which one out of these 2 places are good or is there anywhere else i can go? Thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2009
1513 posts
1214 upvotes
Given the time of year, there's probably not that much to do at either place. I would probably opt for Blue Mountain if given the choice. The only reason is that they at least have a little village that you can wander around and there are a lot more dining options available as a result.

I think Deerhurst has an indoor pool. I don't think the Westin does. You may have to pay extra to access the aquatic centre that's next door.

If you are travelling from the GTA, Blue Mountain may also be a little closer.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
We are rapidly approaching low season for both locations, so you should at least be able to find a good deal. The only sizeable town near Deerhurst is Huntsville, which is pleasant enough to spend an afternoon in, but that's about it. Algonquin Park will be pretty empty as the autumn colours are almost gone, but I guess you could hike in solitude. I would choose Blue Mountain, as the resort village has a bit more to offer and it's closer to Barrie and the GTA.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
Blue mountain, more there for the 5 year old.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
I've been to both and it's Blue Mountain all the way. We've stayed at the Trillium House every year for the past decade and there's quite a bit more to do there regardless of outside weather.
Sep 5, 2014
555 posts
317 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I would say that Blue MTN has a lot more to do for kids. First, you have the village which is full of stores and there is a small play area plus some candy stores. Then you have Collingwood just down the road which has some stores that have pottery painting etc.
When I've been to Muskoka, it's mainly been trails and sunsets and beer.
but that's just my humble opinion.