Scammers and Warnings

[->MUST READ!!<-] HUGE UPDATE!! SCAMMER ALERT: NightStrlker & Heartless08 WITH PIC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2010 7:28 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1843 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto

[->MUST READ!!<-] HUGE UPDATE!! SCAMMER ALERT: NightStrlker & Heartless08 WITH PIC

HUGE UPDATE
nsx wrote:
Nov 27th, 2009 5:18 pm
NightStrlker = Heartless08 = aznfrazer = rocketfish upon investigation (with the helpful lead provided by the OP & JAC).
Read and enjoy the story below.

This all went down yesterday Nov 25 2009.

NightStrlker PM'd me about my laptop:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/tosh ... en-794518/

He seemed interested but didn't have cash. He asked me if I was interested in any trades. I asked him what he has to trade and that I was in the market looking for a wii. He told me he had an ipod touch 8gb (scratched up and you can only hear from one ear), a violin and a modded psp.

We finally decided on his psp.

I'm located in Scarborough while he is "located in High Park".

I just got home from downtown and he asked me to come downtown. Since I was running on maybe 2hrs of sleep I denied and asked HIM to come to my place or forget it. I explained that I didn't want a PSP I'm really just looking for a wii. I then posted up an ad to see if anyone is willing to trade their wii for this psp.

8 minutes later I get a reply from a member named Heartless08:
Originally Posted by Heartless08
I have a Wii if your interested. I just need to know is the psp modded with a current firmware? Also:

1) Come with memory?
2) How many cycles are left in the battery? Will you be including a brand new battery?
3) Warranty? (I dont mind this but if you do have , it'll help)
4) Its the slim one right?
5) Meetups?

My Wii comes with Wiisports and has 1 controller. Of course it has all the accessories and has been used lightly. If your interested PM and we can meet and consider trading out systems.

Erik.
Notice his name is "Erik".

So I thought "yay that was fast". And we sorted out a time and a meet up at Scarborough Town Center, since he "works at Old Navy".

On the side, I was asking NightStrlker to come to Scarborough. And he was urging me to come downtown.

Strange enough...Heartless08 also told me to go downtown and pick up the PSP since he's leaving for the states on Friday.

I just thought Hearless08 was just in a rush to get a PSP.

Since I was eventually going to get a wii, I decided to get my ass up and trek downtown (1.5 hours both ways + TTC fare).

On the bus I was checking my RFD PM's and I noticed something awfully peculiar from Heartless08's further PM:
Yes. Names Jake. PHone number is 416-464-1164. I dont accept phone calls when I am working but Will leave it on somewhere around 8. I can deliver the psp to you at 10-11pm?
Jake? I swear a few minutes ago his name was Erik...and...psp? wtf I thought I was getting a wii from Heartless08 LOL

I knew this was a scam. And I was already on the TTC. I'm not a wuss, and I don't like being taken for a fool. So, with the mentality that I am going to get scammed I met up with him at Ryerson.

He was acting too friendly and was inquiring about the wii almost every minute saying things like "wow you're gettin a deal" while in my mind, I was saying "wow you're gonna get pwned soon"

So we met up sat down. I showed him the laptop. He barely tried it out. Kept saying he was in a rush. I said well let me call the wii seller first.

I called the number Heartless08 gave me:
Yes. Names Jake. PHone number is 416-464-1164..
Called it in front of NightStrlker and it didn't go through. I tried texting it it said "Sending Message Failed".

I read my PM's and there was another PM from Heartless08:
I'll call you around 7-9 for confirmation. Mkay?
It was still 4:30pm. I told him, "If you wanna go, you can go. If you want the laptop, let's wait for the wii seller to contact me."

This is because I only want the psp in hopes to trade it for the wii...

He got out his phone and called his little brother and walked off and came back. I asked him what was that about. He said he had to call his brother to get his assignment for him.

Later, he had to go to the bathroom, he comes back and then right away I get a call from "Jake/Erik".

He said, "Hey, it's Jake". I acted dumb and asked "Yo Jake, I kept calling you man it wouldn't go through." He said he has a new number and he gave me NightStrlker's number out of nervousness/haste LOL.

I'm like dude why is this guy giving me your number. He was speechless, then he said he made his brother call so that I would let him go home.

I was thinking..."but how does he know the name Jake?"

He had to make another phone call. And this time "Jake/Erik" called back saying how he sold his SIM card and he has a new number. I stopped him. I asked him where he worked (in the PM's he said he worked at Old Navy). He said "why?". I said "I just want to know." he said "um...the movies?"

I said "okay" and hung up on him. At this time it was 8pm. (We've been there since 4:30pm).

I looked at NightStrlker and asked him, are you/your bro Heartless08. He said "NO WAY! I'M NOT HIM! WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT'S ME!"

I told him, "okay, then we shall wait."

Finally at around 9pm, he come's clean. He admitted that it was him/his bro and everything.

I was obviously furious since I wasted so much time. I wanted to be the bigger man. I told him "look, I won't do anything to you, you've p*ssed me off but just give me $5 to cover my TTC fare and I won't do/say anything"

He replied "I don't have $5".

I told him we can all (2 of my friends showed up since they were done class) go to an ATM. He said he doesn't have a debit card/bank account and his wallet is at home. I told him to get his bro. He said "I'm not giving him the combo to my room" :lol:

I said "We're not leaving till I get $5."

More time has passed. He didn't even apologize. Then I told him. That $5 boat has sailed you're wasting more time of mine. I upped the ante to the PSP + $100 for my laptop from '$5 and no laptop'.

He was scared, he was stuttering. More time has passed, he agreed to $70. I said "Wait...you said you don't even have $5, how can you have $70". He said he will get his brother to get the money for him. Errr....okay. He gets on the phone and he said "Yeah, take out all the money from my account". Account? I swear he said he didn't have an account. He said "I said, a closet, not account". To which I replied "You said to him, yo take all the money from my a closet? That sentence makes no sense." Once again he shutup.

Still no apology. Just lies after lies.

At the end, I got his psp + $70 (three twenties and a ten...never knew ATM's dispose $10...) for my laptop

I told him to learn from his lesson, and that I will have to warn my fellow RFD'ers. He said nothing.

I got home at 11:30pm.

I would love for them to get banned or suspended. Either way, I really think noone should deal with either of them (same person) ever.

Details:
NightStrlker AND Heartless08
email: Aznboi_Howard1992@hotmail.com
number: 647-898-8085
Description: Asian, skinny, scruffy/dirty lookin, goes to George Brown

Here's a pic of him (cropped from his MSN window)

I have all the PM's stored if anyone wants them.

Thanks for reading.

djoutcry 1
Scammers 0

PWNED

Conclusion

Original Trade: Laptop for PSP Slim (in anticipation of trading it for a wii)
Final Trade: Laptop for PSP Slim + $70 (for wasting my time, bus fare, and trying to scam me)

NightStrlker = Heartless08 = BAN!!

Warning: He/They is/are on HoFo too

PS Does anyone want a Modded PSP Slim? :)
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
62 replies
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39192 posts
1357 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I don't quite understand. Did the trade end up happening? Or did you just get a free PSP + $70? :S

Sure, he was being a jerk, but I don't get it. If I was being a jerk and got my mask ripped off, I would've made the run for it, not stand there and make you shut up by giving you a PSP and cash.
**BRAND NEW** APC Back-UPS 650VA 7 Outlet $65
**Reg $90+tax**

Silver Coins | APC Back-UPS 650VA | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1843 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 10:56 am
I don't quite understand. Did the trade end up happening? Or did you just get a free PSP + $70? :S

Sure, he was being a jerk, but I don't get it. If I was being a jerk and got my mask ripped off, I would've made the run for it, not stand there and make you shut up by giving you a PSP and cash.
I gave him the laptop. (Edit: Added to Original Post).

and LOL, i think he was just scared and he really wanted the laptop. The laptop was of 0 value to me.
May 2, 2008
188 posts
15 upvotes
Kid needs to be KNOCKED THE **** OUT! Look at his other feedback, kid stiffed another rfd'er here by not showing up and not even bothered to call the person to let them know he wasn't going to show up!

So embarrassing to be chinese sometimes and be categorized with pricks like these.
Oct 19, 2006
364 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I feel sorry for the kid...for being so dumb...(GB...hum...)

He could have just left and call the police on you for False imprisonment if the op or his friend even try to keep him there.

Kudos for the op for spotting a scammer. but it's hard to tell who is really the villian here as the op have bullied the kid a little with this friend.
Jul 14, 2009
112 posts
7 upvotes
Motor City
That's legendary if you ask me. I don't think I would have been so patient. Props.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1843 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
bb320 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 11:18 am
I feel sorry for the kid...for being so dumb...(GB...hum...)

He could have just left and call the police on you for False imprisonment if the op or his friend even try to keep him there.

Kudos for the op for spotting a scammer. but it's hard to tell who is really the villian here as the op have bullied the kid a little with this friend.
Gave him a couple of hours to just give me $5 since he wasted my time and TTC fare...

Bullying...depends

As for the friends they weren't part of the convo, they were just chatting to each other.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1494 posts
32 upvotes
North York
Jesus Christ... why do people even bother going through this s***? He must have a lot of time on his hand.

What he did is what he did... Him being Chinese has nothing to do with his actions.

Like the other poster stated I would not be as patient as OP. I would have done two things 1) Leave after verifying that he was a scam or 2) Take his PSP and leave.
Ebay: Magoo_416
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1843 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Magoo wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 11:31 am
Jesus Christ... why do people even bother going through this s***? He must have a lot of time on his hand.

What he did is what he did... Him being Chinese has nothing to do with his actions.

Like the other poster stated I would not be as patient as OP. I would have done two things 1) Leave after verifying that he was a scam or 2) Take his PSP and leave.
1. I was already on my way there
2. That's robbery LOL :lol:

But yeah, this has nothing to do with him being Chinese. It doesn't change the way I think about Chinese people. I know TONS of great Chinese people. So I think we should all just stop with the race card.

Plus I wanted to teach this scammer a lesson really. He's out an extra $70. If I just left or didn't show up, he would just prey on another RFDer. Can't let that happen can I? Now he would think twice before tryna scam...hopefully not scam at all.

I am interested to see if those two accounts register to the same IP/email...*sends out the JAC signal*
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39192 posts
1357 upvotes
Richmond Hill
djoutcry wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 10:58 am
I gave him the laptop. (Edit: Added to Original Post).

and LOL, i think he was just scared and he really wanted the laptop. The laptop was of 0 value to me.
Ok, I get it now.

Sounds like you did bully him a bit though. You weren't exactly the best seller in the sense that you raised the effective "price" of the deal because of his inappropriate actions. Let's just remind ourselves that we have no right to decide what's right or wrong - we're not judges. OP, you could've got in trouble if the kid went to the police.

Just a warning.
**BRAND NEW** APC Back-UPS 650VA 7 Outlet $65
**Reg $90+tax**

Silver Coins | APC Back-UPS 650VA | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1843 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 12:05 pm
Ok, I get it now.

Sounds like you did bully him a bit though. You weren't exactly the best seller in the sense that you raised the effective "price" of the deal because of his inappropriate actions. Let's just remind ourselves that we have no right to decide what's right or wrong - we're not judges. OP, you could've got in trouble if the kid went to the police.

Just a warning.
How so?

He tried to scam me. I did change the deal knowing that this ended up being a scam all along. I gave him the opportunity to walk away. He didn't because he wanted the laptop. :confused: And for the $5, it's for the bus fare. He wasted my bus fare and time. All I wanted was my bus fare and that's it. We both walk away. But he really wanted the laptop and HE came up with the $70 idea. Mutual agreement in the end.

The time we spent from when I busted him till the $5 idea was just him saying "cmon psp is modded take it and give the laptop"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1843 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
turtletrax wrote:
Nov 26th, 2009 12:17 pm
Nice work outcry. I love it LOL
:razz:

Edit: Added something really interesting to the original post that I have missed
Yes. Names Jake. PHone number is 416-464-1164. I dont accept phone calls when I am working but Will leave it on somewhere around 8. I can deliver the psp to you at 10-11pm?
Jake? I swear a few minutes ago his name was Erik...
Added: "and...psp? wtf I thought I was getting a wii from Heartless08 LOL"
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
2646 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
If I knew it was a scammer, I would just ignore them. I wouldn't waste my time to teach a lesson, especially since kids don't listen ;)

You were lucky it was just kids, if they were a group of 6' guys, then you may have gotten robbed/jumped on/stabbed, or worst case, get shot.

**** like this happens in DT all the time, I won't waste my time with this, especially if I had to travel all the way downtown on bus/ttc.
[AMD PII X2 550BE | Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H | OCZ Gold XTC 2x2GB DDR2 | WD 160GB & Barracuda 1TB SATA2 | ATI Radeon HD 4870 | Sonata III 500]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2210940205.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14558 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
Nice kill. Looks his most commonly-used name is Eric.

OPC-3 Antioxidant
Toronto, Ontario
M2J 4S7
Canada
Phone Number: (647) 898-8085/(416) 499-2850
Contact Name: Eric

But this is interesting. Home address, perhaps?

Zhiyu Weng
(416) 499-2850
350 Seneca Hill Dr
Toronto, ON M2J 4S7

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)