Must see/do in LA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2005 11:24 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
May 23, 2005
3038 posts
litebrite wrote:lol.. I'm 23 and so are my friends. We're going to disneyland for the california adventure...
Reviews of Disney's California Adventure have been pretty bad - if you go, give us your personal rating - unless you mean a generic "california adventure" like rollerblading on the boardwalk at Venice Beach and meeting some tanned hotties...

;)
"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
45 upvotes
Burnaby
biosh wrote:Reviews of Disney's California Adventure have been pretty bad - if you go, give us your personal rating - unless you mean a generic "california adventure" like rollerblading on the boardwalk at Venice Beach and meeting some tanned hotties...

;)
heh yeah
huntington beach must be nice this time of the year now
must go

my friend told me to go up to santa babara
along the coast there as the drive is superbly scenic and one of the most gorgeous cost in north america
unfortunately i didnt have time last time i went but this time i might try it as i will have 2 weeks to spare

oh go visit michael jackson if u have time too
lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2836 posts
413 upvotes
Vancouver
I just came back from my trip yesterday night and I gotta say 4 days and 3 nights in LA was WAY too short!

1st day we arrived, we went to Santa Monica pier and the promenade. Shopped a bit, and that was it. Our plane had arrived at LAX at ~10am but we didn't get to the hotel until almost noon.. traffic was horrible! And we were left wondering.. how can traffic along Hwy 405 be THAT bad at 11am on a Thursday? Anyway, we spent a good chunk of time in Santa Monica, went back to the hotel, sat around a bit trying to decide where to eat, and finally decided to walk to the Cheesecake Factory in Beverly Hills (our hotel
was only 15, 20 min walk away). And on our way to Cheesecake factory, we stopped by Rodeo Drive to take some pics. Unfortunately the stores weren't open anymore by that time. Oh yeah we also tried In 'n Out Burger for lunch that day.. and I didnt think it was anything special. Gimme White Spot anyday! :lol:

2nd day we woke up early and left relatively early for a day @ Six Flags Magic Mountain. Once again, traffic sucked and we got there at almost 11am. We were lucky and got good deals on admission and only paid $24.99 USD each for a full day's pass. I think Six Flags was the best part of the trip!! I'm usually not a thrill-seeking person... heck I wasn't even sure if I could handle the roller coasters, but now I definitely know I can! :cheesygri
For those who've been there and have taken the rides, we went on Goliath, Batman the ride, Riddler's Revenge, Deja Vu, Scream, Colossus, and X. X was our last ride and definately my favourite. Here's a link to what the ride was like: http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/co ... reviews/x/ Wait
times were decent.. roughly 30 mins for the more popular rides.. but it was walking between the rides that took a while. We were so tired by the end of the day. After Six Flags, we went to the Getty and stayed there for 'bout 2 hours.

3rd day was Disneyland/California Adventure day! We woke up a bit later and got to Disneyland at around 11am again. Boy was it packed!! We hit Disneyland first and only went on 3, 4 rides before lunch cuz the lineups were so long. We fastpass'ed the Indiana Jones ride and that was one of my fave rides @ Disneyland. But other than that, Disneyland rides weren't all that memorable. The Winnie the Pooh ride was cute.. but the wait times for most of the rides were way too long and we didn't bother. California Adventure was definitely geared more towards adults. Hardly a kid in sight! The 'big' roller coaster they had there, California Screamin' was alright.. nothing compared to Six Flags. However, there was a ride called the Maliboomer that was quite fun, although it looks freaky!! In that ride, we were shot up a 180 ft tower, hang in the air for ~1 second before we drop back down. Oh and there was the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror!!!!! THAT was a fun ride. You pretty much go up the tower and you're dropped however many stories.. Lotsa screaming, that's for sure. ;) So I'd say in California Adventure there was at least 5 rides we did that were fun. But I still dunno if Disneyland and Cali Adventure was worth the $73 USD admission. :(

4th day: Went shopping in Camarillo Premium Outlets.. lots of good stores! Too bad we didnt have time to shop at more places. Then we went drove by Mann's Chinese Theatre and went by Hollywood to take pics of the signs.. then we made a mad rush to the airport and so ended our trip.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2836 posts
413 upvotes
Vancouver
Oh yeah i had jokingly suggested that we check out the Michael Jackson trial.. but alas.. no time!!