Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

MXIII G Android TV Box (best TV box with 2GB RAM and good support) - $57.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2016 1:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3363 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto

MXIII G Android TV Box (best TV box with 2GB RAM and good support) - $57.99 USD

Deal Link:
There are definitely cheaper 2GB Android boxes but they are always from sketchy manufacturers (and thus built with odd components and never receive updates) or have old chipsets

Note there are many different versions of the MXIII, even from different manufacturers -- the "G" version has the best processor (S812) and Amlogic is a good brand with a large presence within the community. Comes with Bluetooth and Android 5.1

S812 is a "best of all worlds" CPU, aimed at TV/Video tasks -- highlights: gigabit ethernet, 4K video support, H265 codec support

Price at the time of this post: $59 USD from Everbuying: http://www.everbuying.net/product1080094.html
******** has it for $57.99 USD: http://www.********.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_340796.html

The MXIII-G is sold by dozens of retailers. Even on amazon there are many products called "MXIII-G". If you search around the web you'll find thousands of reviews for the MXIII-G (******** has several hundred alone). The vast majority of those reviews are positive.

There are also lots of clones of the MXIII-G, some with slightly differing components but with the same name, so it's best to buy from a retailer you can trust (firmware is often incompatible across these clones). ******** and EverBuying don't have the best customer service (shipping times appear to be 3-4 weeks on average) but the boxes they've shipped are reliable.

IMPORTANT SHIPPING NOTE: There have been MANY reports of people getting charged taxes/duties upon delivery by CanadaPost/DHL/CBSA when people have requested express shipping (sometimes offered for free). STICK TO THE DEFAULT/BASIC SHIPPING OPTION IF YOU WANT TO AVOID GETTING CHARGED TAXES/DUTIES

There are hundreds of Android TV boxes/sticks out there, dozens of which have been brought up in this thread. Even if they're a bit cheaper (which is very rare it seems), the few bucks you save aren't worth the risk of having a box who's firmware isn't 100% stable a few months/years down the line (or in some cases immediately out of the box) when a new version of android comes out and the various hardware drivers aren't updated/stable (lots of examples of this with the older boxes/sticks, especially the RK3188 generation -- look at the boxes/sticks that were posted 2 or 3 year ago and how bad the reviews for them are now on RFD and Amazon)

Note: The "MXIII G" also sometimes appears under the name "MXIII Plus". You should make sure the specs are the same though (S812 CPU, 2GB RAM etc) as a few "MXIII Plus" have not been identical and thus firmware is unlikely to be compatible

Compatible firmware (KitKat and Lollipop) for manual upgrades/debricking can be found here: http://www.tronsmart.com/?cat=75
I strongly recommend the KitKat release (316k4_150709) as lollipop has issues with hardware acceleration currently

edit: As of Oct 28, 2015 ******** has it for $58.99 USD without any coupon codes

edit: As of Jan 9, 2016 the price at ******** is currently $59.99, and price at everbuying is $60.98, so around $60-$61 is the current average sale price. These sales usually happen every couple of weeks, and then the price returns to regular of $68-$70

edit: As of Jan 26, 2015 New low price for the MXIII G at ******** - $58.91 for the next 3 days
The EU version can be had for $56.99 with code "MXIIBOX"
2049 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3363 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
Chipset comparison:

http://androidpc.es/wp-content/uploads/ ... ic-SOC.jpg

Note that this comparison doesn't include the RK3188 nor the RK3288. Generally the RK3188 is considered to be a very poor performer. In contrast, the RK3288 is a really powerful CPU but it's much more expensive. Also, the RK**** GPU is not very good at video tasks/codecs (thus it's not great as a TV box -- but would do great as a gaming box).
Oct 25, 2008
484 posts
375 upvotes
I've seen a lot of these boxes, but maybe someone can enlighten me as to what can you do with these?

Are they a replacement for cable TV? Just a platform for you to run Netflix on? Can you watch live tv/sports?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
jcss wrote: I've seen a lot of these boxes, but maybe someone can enlighten me as to what can you do with these?

Are they a replacement for cable TV? Just a platform for you to run Netflix on? Can you watch live tv/sports?
I'm watching the jays game right now on my MXIII
Jan 17, 2005
538 posts
406 upvotes
Can anyone comment on wifi streaming. I know ethernet is faster but if I don't have ethernet in the room can I still watch netflix/XBMC etc...?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3363 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
jcss wrote: I've seen a lot of these boxes, but maybe someone can enlighten me as to what can you do with these?

The main uses of these boxes are:

- Watching content that you own (via a USB key/drive, local network drive, Plex etc)
- Legit streaming services: This comes with Android and the Google Play store, so you can load any Andoid app, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc
- Non-legit streaming services: There are many web-sites that offer this, so you can technically just use the Chrome browser to navigate to them and stream those shows. Kodi has plugins that streamline the process. Please do not discuss this option in this thread -- RFD previously had a very long and useful thread on the MXIII that has since been deleted, likely because of such discussions.

A good interface for all of the above is XBMC/Kodi/Openelec
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough

Android OS to TV :D

Get it now?
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
536 upvotes
Toronto, ON
******** delivery is pretty good not sure about everbuying.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5395 posts
6409 upvotes
hate everbuying... horrible customer service, bad communication, and never keep their promise. They also filter out all the bad reviews.

Nonetheless, how is this MXIII G? I think it's also called MXIII Pro at other places.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
I Have the MX 3 1 GB version how do you load live tv on it please?
Feb 2, 2009
293 posts
67 upvotes
This or the upcoming next gen Nexus Player?
Nov 10, 2003
821 posts
429 upvotes
Richmond
It is showing $78.22 for me. When I change to US$, it is $59.99.
Nov 10, 2003
821 posts
429 upvotes
Richmond
jt9000 wrote: This or the upcoming next gen Nexus Player?
Did Google annouce the new Nexus player already?
Nov 10, 2003
821 posts
429 upvotes
Richmond
ScottF391 wrote: I Have the MX 3 1 GB version how do you load live tv on it please?
Google Mobdro.
Feb 2, 2009
293 posts
67 upvotes
Sunmax wrote: Did Google annouce the new Nexus player already?
Not yet but looks like it's coming soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
Sunmax wrote: Google Mobdro.
thanks again works good for tv and movies and music videos and sports !!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
jt9000 wrote: This or the upcoming next gen Nexus Player?
The Nexus player will allow you to watch Netflix in HD and work properly with a remote, something which none of these unofficial Android TV box can do.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
TDotHacker wrote: Android OS to TV :D

Get it now?
Yes and it looks and controls poorly if you are trying to watch Netflix, Amazon, etc ... These are essentially tablets with an hdmi port. Why anyone would want to use them on a TV is beyond me. You are much, much better off with a Nexus player, win8.1 media player ( such as the ones from Pippo and others, Fire TV, etc ...). These will all give you HD and proper playback controls.
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
198 upvotes
Stouffville
I've got the Beelive i826 which is nearly triple the price of this (Cost me about $150). My dad is looking for a box with kodi, how will this do, and how is it compared to that box?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)