• Jan 16th, 2019 7:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1529 posts
499 upvotes
Quebec

My 12 week pregnant GF has a cold should I worry

We had a miscarriage in the past, GF started a cold, should I worry or should I stop worrying as «  a cold happens »

Thanks
12 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15258 posts
5513 upvotes
Personally I would not worry.

However if you are at all worried you should be seeing your doctor. Do not accept random advice on potential treatment options, etc. from the internet. If you are worried - see the doctor that will be dealing with your GF throughout the pregnancy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1529 posts
499 upvotes
Quebec
TrevorK wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 3:00 pm
Personally I would not worry.

However if you are at all worried you should be seeing your doctor. Do not accept random advice on potential treatment options, etc. from the internet. If you are worried - see the doctor that will be dealing with your GF throughout the pregnancy.
Yeah forcing her to go at the drug store tomorrow and have that check just to be safe
Apr 27, 2010
127 posts
180 upvotes
Pickering
No I wouldn’t worry as long as she is keeping herself hydrated she should be fine. Those otc cold and flu meds are not pregnancy safe as some of the ingredients are not pregnancy safe so wouldn’t recommend those. But if she’s nasally congested she can use the dristan nasal spray (was recommended by my ob)
Nov 1, 2009
845 posts
225 upvotes
Your better off seeking advice to your family Dr. or OB.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
8998 posts
1138 upvotes
Toronto
Do her very best to stay healthy. It could mean miss out on social events, especially there's a cold/flu going around right now. In my workplace, there's at least one person sick every 20 steps you walk.

Bottom line is, even if you worry, in Western Medicine, there's nothing they can do if the worse case happens. OB just tells you to rest. Duh, you think she's been running marathons?

In Chinese medicine on the other hand, they give you different types of herbal drink to help "steady the baby".

Eat and drink healthy things and stay off work if possible. It's worth it in the end.

Wish her the best!!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3042 posts
278 upvotes
ratatapa wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 9:13 pm
Yeah forcing her to go at the drug store tomorrow and have that check just to be safe
Is she concerned? Because if she’s not, and she’s not exhibiting any major symptoms, you probably have to stop trying to force her to do stuff and let her decide for herself if she’s feeling sick enough to get medical attention. I understand that you’re worried, but you should know that badgering her to see the doctor or pharmacist every time she sneezes over the next several months is going to cause her stress that will probably be more dangerous to the pregnancy than a having cold.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13771 posts
1300 upvotes
Just don't sneeze
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3233 posts
383 upvotes
If it's only a cold let it run its course . Lots of liquids and get some rest .
May 11, 2007
701 posts
334 upvotes
Kitchener
Why would someone down vote this thread?OP is just asking a simple question? Are they so frustrated in their life's that they have to take out their frustration wherever they can?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3287 posts
759 upvotes
The drug store? Go to the doctor
Aug 5, 2008
352 posts
182 upvotes
This is actually expected because the immune system turns itself down in the beginning stages of fetal development.
Apr 14, 2006
126 posts
34 upvotes
St Johns
One advice for you : this is not the place for advice.
Take her to a doctor.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)