Pets

My american eskimo dog needs a bf

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 3:01 pm
[OP]
Feb 16, 2019
1 posts

My american eskimo dog needs a bf

I have a pure breed female american eskimo and we are looking for a boyfriend for my dog :) If you have a pure breed unspayed male american eskimo dog, please let me know! I am located in Vancoucer, Canada.
2 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1159 posts
746 upvotes
British Columbia
I believe you are serious simply due to the sheer number of Asians that I have met in Vancouver that are baffled that I own two female dogs, as if somehow I have condemned them to a life of lesbianism. They sometimes go on to ask me if they have boyfriends. No. No, they do not and no they do not care. They are not people, they are dogs.

Do not place human manerisms onto your dog! I am going to go out on a limb and guess before moving to Canada, you had very little interaction with dogs and that this is likely your first one... or I don't know, this seems the only way I can rationalise the number of Asian dog owners and just Asian people in general that I've met that don't understand that dogs are dogs... not small furry people with similar desires to us. I repeat, your female dog does not want a boyfriend. In fact it might feel much better not going through heat cycles.

If your is dog spayed (cannot have babies), it has no desire to mate and will no miss out on it. If you dog is not spayed, unless it is a purebred with papers from the AKC/CKC and had all necessary health testing, then you have no business placing your dog around an intact male. There are enough dogs in the world.

Please read up on cancers and other serious dangers of not spaying your dog: www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-onli ... aying.html

And the article also helps to reinforce what I said above...
8a. Myth 1 - All spayed dogs gain weight (get fat).
I have previously discussed this topic in other sections of this webpage: it is a commonly heldbelief that is, quite simply, not true.

Studies have shown that spayed canines probably require around 25% less caloriesto maintain a healthy bodyweight than entire female dogs of the same bodyweight do. This is because a spayed animalhas a lower metabolic rate than an entire animal does. Because of this, what tends to happen is that most owners, unaware of this fact, continue to feed their spayed female dogs the same amount of food calories after the surgery that they did prior to the surgery, with the resultthat their pets become fat. Consequently, the myth of automatic obesity has become perpetuatedthroughout the dog-owning circles and, as a result, many owners simply will not consider desexing their female dogs becauseof the fear of them gaining weight.

Author's note: The fact of the matter is that dogs will not become obese simply because they have been desexed. They will only become obese if the post-spay drop in their metabolic rateis not taken into account and they are fed the same amount of food calories as an entire animal. Any weightgain that is experienced can be reversed through not feeding the pet as many caloriesand treats.

8b. Myth 2 - Without her reproductive organs, a female dog won't feel like herself (i.e. she "won't be a woman").
It is common these days for humans to attribute human feelings and emotions (e.g. love, sadness, grief and so on) onto their animals and, in doing so, make them out to bemore human than they actually are. Whilst dogs almost certainly do have some understanding of concepts like affection and companionship and loss and needing to behave in a certain way to fit in with the family and receive food and so on, to thenextrapolate their needy, cuddly behaviour further, as many pet owners do, and claim that these animals act well-behaved and cuddle up to us as a sign of their "love" for us is probably a little far-fetched. They cuddle up, they get food and affection: simple as that.Action, reward.

In a similar fashion, this dog spaying myth is probably just another common example of human emotions being incorrectly attributed onto our pets. What often happens is that, because the owner believes that she herself would feel incomplete and therefore "not a woman" without her own ovaries and uterus, then so will her dog feel the same way if her reproductive organs are taken away.

The fact of the matter is that dogs probably barely even notice that their reproductive organs are missing.They certainly don't seem to be in any way depressed about it (as a human in the same situationwould be) and they tend to go about their doggy business just the same as always once the procedure isperformed. If dogs were truly depressed or worried about being spayed, then there would probably be some sort of long term depression, shyness or behavioural change seen in them and this just does not seem to occur.

8c. Myth 3 - Female dogs need to have sex before being desexed.
No, no and no! Female dogs do not need a sexual experience to be in any way complete eitheremotionally or behaviorally. Similar to the myth above (myth 2), this is a situationwhere human emotions and desires have been superimposed on top of what is best for the animal. Allowing the pet to have a sexual experience prior todesexing may well lead to some established behavioural problems developing that persist even after spaying has occurred (e.g. roaming, aggression towards other dogs, urine marking). The"experience" could also result in an unwanted litter of puppies being born.

You could argue that, from a human emotional viewpoint, it is cruel to let the dog experiencethe "pleasures of sex" only to then take it all away from her by desexing. Better forher to never know what it feels like because then she won't know what she's missing.

8d. Myth 4 - Female dogs should be allowed to give birth to a litter before being spayed.
It is a common misconception that a female dog will only 'feel complete' and matureemotionally into an adult dog if she is allowed to have a litter of puppies. Absolutely not!Allowing a litter to be born simply because you feel that the 'dog should be allowed tobe a mother' is very irresponsible and just results in more and more unwanted, dumpedpups finding their way into pounds and shelters and waste-disposal units. Likewise, lettinga dog have a litter so that you can demonstrate to your children 'the joys of birth' is also irresponsibleand wrong. The animal is a family member, not an educational tool for your private use.
Last edited by Karala on Feb 19th, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11574 posts
6399 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! OH WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!