• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2007 8:58 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 13, 2006
74 posts
1 upvote

My apologies to this forum! 75% OFF Zellers

1St and foremost, I would like to present my excuses to the readers, members and moderators of this forum.

[INDENT]I'am new at posting and I did make some mistakes on my first post regarding 75% off electronics on Zellers stores.

I should have mentioned my location. I may also forgotten to put YMMV because it seems alot of people were getting rejected by asking for thast 75% off when actually 30% was advertised. I should have also been quicker in posting my results once I found out, but I recently moved and trying to find the time to post here with my everyday life was kind of hectic[/INDENT]

2ND I did also the mistake of not showing my invoice as proof of the deal wich I'am correcting now even though I showed proof of my second visit at the same store. Now if that wont convince you I was truthfull then I'am sorry you will be stuck with your perception!!!

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... cptes0.jpg

NOW at that Zeller store in Magog, I was fortunate to stumble on a clerk that was cooperative to try and help me locate the products that were marked down for the 75% rebate wich was not obvious and not known by all the staff. So it is possible that your mileage did vary on that fact alone. In two visits only one clerk knew. I had to ask for the manager to get specific info on what was on clearance at 75%.

Take note:
My brother in law who lives in St-eustache went and ask for the 75% rebate on 3 different Zeller stores nearby and he came back empty handed. I sent him the coupon and flyer wich he printed out and last night before 4pm he went back ask politely for the manager and told my story then showed the proof. He finally got the TV for 199.75$ on his second visit after alot of work so yes, YMMV.

Good attidue will get you a higher chance of getting what you want!
I was very friendly and casual with the clerk on my first and second visit. I was persistent in asking to see the manager and then I was informed how it works. I took all my time and did alot of browsing and when the clerk was not busy I would ask for two or three products that he scanned and then told me if rebate would applied or not. So be patient, courteous and casual.

Of course I was jumping with excitement when she offered to sell me the two other 27inch but I did not show it. I accepted because who wouldn't. But the point is to avoid the rush attitude, wich will get you out of the store in no time.

NOW I have read alot in here and other places before going to purchase stuff in stores.

My TIPS:

First thing in the morning when you wake-up, go and see redflagdeals!

Then lookup every week for your local flyer if they have any special flyer
Have your ears open at all time when you have friends at work who may mention special deals, listen carefully and don't mind asking them.

When you go to stores, ask them if they are any product that will no longer be sold. Ask them if they heard about a special sale. Ask them if they have any demo that they would sell quickly. Alot of stores will give additionnal rebates if you come by the store and they get to know you because you are a regular visitor... It happened to me a couple of times.

I was polite courteous and that clerk saw me the other day enquiring about TV's ... she did remember me. I was surprised. Then with her help I ended up with 3 27" LCD.

These are extremely rare occasions but you have to wake up early, get informed, build yourself a little network with friends people you know, be quick and foremost courteous and polite. In time you will find good deal well worth your good manners and perserance.

I have never won anything in my life and this was by a milestone my luckiest day ever!!!
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6381 posts
1740 upvotes
thanks for the clarification :) will check out at my local zellers
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
OMG another thread on this? Are you going to create a new thread apologizing for not respecting the rules and posting in the right section too?
Nov 22, 2006
274 posts
11 upvotes
Bordello wrote: OMG another thread on this? Are you going to create a new thread apologizing for not respecting the rules and posting in the right section too?
Oh just shutup and stop whining. Christ.
Dec 5, 2004
839 posts
29 upvotes
Hey bubbah, picture of your receipt with date would be nice...
Dec 13, 2006
74 posts
1 upvote
tomtomtom wrote: thanks for the clarification :) will check out at my local zellers
Bring the printed receipt I posted, you may get lucky even though the deal has expired since march 4th!!!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bordello wrote: OMG another thread on this? Are you going to create a new thread apologizing for not respecting the rules and posting in the right section too?
I don't see what was wrong with his initial post anyways.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
OP is surprisingly courteous, despite being called a liar and scammer by many members of this forum. Props for keeping a cool head.
Dec 14, 2006
267 posts
78 upvotes
Windsor, ON
I didn't find any obvious sale signs around the electronics area at Zellers in Nanaimo. There were still tables with discounted stuff but there was nothing really special there. They do have some good deals on clothing though and I got Levi's 619 corduroys for $5.
Aug 7, 2003
234 posts
Thanks for mentioning your situation. Clarifying it is not necessary. We all post things once in a while and get flamed if people don't get the same deal.

Just remember, you don't need to create a new thread for this type of thing.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rmanke wrote: Thanks for mentioning your situation. Clarifying it is not necessary. We all post things once in a while and get flamed if people don't get the same deal.

I certainly don't mind the OP having this type of courtesy about it though.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Dec 13, 2006
74 posts
1 upvote
rmanke wrote: Thanks for mentioning your situation. Clarifying it is not necessary. We all post things once in a while and get flamed if people don't get the same deal.

I had to create new thread since my original post was closed out by moderator and people needed to see the TV invoice! I complied ;)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5231 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
You the man B. DEAL OF THE YEAR I SAY OTHER THAN THOSE THAT GOT THEIR LAPTOPS FOR 75% off from Dell.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2771 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver
Lone_Prodigy wrote: OP is surprisingly courteous, despite being called a liar and scammer by many members of this forum. Props for keeping a cool head.
AGREED. Congrad to the op for being so courteous. THe OP sounds like a great guy. The member with his dumb comment quoted below should be banned:
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond
Lone_Prodigy wrote: OP is surprisingly courteous, despite being called a liar and scammer by many members of this forum. Props for keeping a cool head.
I agree as well.

bubbah16, you don't need to apologize for others calling you a liar. You gain, they lose; sucks to be them.

Also, don't forget that there's a $60 rebate on each of those units (assuming you bought them after March 1st).

http://www.acer.ca/acereuro/wr-resource ... _Mar07.pdf

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)