Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36775 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto

Is my cat claiming her litter box?,

Today my cat was taking a pee coincidentally the same time i was arranging some things near by. Our eyes locked in a glance for a short second. Then we both looked away. For some reason i watched her from the corner of my eyes and she was doing the same. We were both doing this awkwardly.

Shes been sitting there for the past 10 minutes. Not straining. Just sitting there with her usual "whatever..." cat gaze.
I dont think she is sick. Ptheres nice big pee clumps so that seems fine.
3 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18594 posts
3704 upvotes
Thornhill
Uhhh I'm sure the cat can stare at you on whatever it wants, whenever it wants. It just so happens to be the litter box where it can be considered a safe comfortable place for cats.

When my cats were younger, sometimes they would just chill in the litter box. I ended up buying a small cat tower and placed it in the same room, and now they hang out there.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1648 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
if she continues to pee outside her litterbox take her to the vet to rule out UTI or any medical/behavior issues before it gets worse.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9885 posts
912 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:55 am
Uhhh I'm sure the cat can stare at you on whatever it wants, whenever it wants. It just so happens to be the litter box where it can be considered a safe comfortable place for cats.

When my cats were younger, sometimes they would just chill in the litter box. I ended up buying a small cat tower and placed it in the same room, and now they hang out there.
One of my cats used to fall asleep in there when he was a kitten:

OP, your cat could have just simply wanted a cool place to sit. This is why you see them in them lying/sitting in random places. Tiled flooring or sink --> want to lie on something cool. Old CRT monitors or on top of PCs --> want to lie on something warm.