Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39445 posts
3613 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

Is my cat claiming her litter box?,

Today my cat was taking a pee coincidentally the same time i was arranging some things near by. Our eyes locked in a glance for a short second. Then we both looked away. For some reason i watched her from the corner of my eyes and she was doing the same. We were both doing this awkwardly.

Shes been sitting there for the past 10 minutes. Not straining. Just sitting there with her usual "whatever..." cat gaze.
I dont think she is sick. Ptheres nice big pee clumps so that seems fine.
6 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18946 posts
4055 upvotes
Thornhill
Uhhh I'm sure the cat can stare at you on whatever it wants, whenever it wants. It just so happens to be the litter box where it can be considered a safe comfortable place for cats.

When my cats were younger, sometimes they would just chill in the litter box. I ended up buying a small cat tower and placed it in the same room, and now they hang out there.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1751 posts
222 upvotes
Canada
if she continues to pee outside her litterbox take her to the vet to rule out UTI or any medical/behavior issues before it gets worse.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10680 posts
1336 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 10:55 am
Uhhh I'm sure the cat can stare at you on whatever it wants, whenever it wants. It just so happens to be the litter box where it can be considered a safe comfortable place for cats.

When my cats were younger, sometimes they would just chill in the litter box. I ended up buying a small cat tower and placed it in the same room, and now they hang out there.
One of my cats used to fall asleep in there when he was a kitten:

OP, your cat could have just simply wanted a cool place to sit. This is why you see them in them lying/sitting in random places. Tiled flooring or sink --> want to lie on something cool. Old CRT monitors or on top of PCs --> want to lie on something warm.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18002 posts
2666 upvotes
GTA West
My cat would never use the litterbox while I was anywhere around. Always at night or when I was at work.
Maybe your cat is pee shy.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Jul 13, 2017
150 posts
46 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 1:43 pm
My cat would never use the litterbox while I was anywhere around. Always at night or when I was at work.
Maybe your cat is pee shy.
OT - just where are the washrooms on the Enterprise?Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18002 posts
2666 upvotes
GTA West
ForlornHope wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 6:56 am
OT - just where are the washrooms on the Enterprise?Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
This question is answered in the Star Trek TNG Technical manual. You can actually see the location of the bathroom the diagram in the book, which is also seen in main engineering.

Don't believe me? Cmdr Riker points it out in this video...
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.