My cat is not eating and its pooh had blood in it

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2017 11:17 am
[OP]
Apr 26, 2017
86 posts
9 upvotes

My cat is not eating and its pooh had blood in it

1. my cat for the past 2 days has stopped eating, it wont even eat whiskas temptations which it loves. usually it eats its food right away within 2 mins.

2. when i first got the cat it had blood in its pooh a few times but then it stopped when i got it a different brand of food. i have not seen blood in its pooh ffor about 3 months.

it was dewormed when i got him. can it still have worms and is that what the blood is.. what should i do here
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3394 posts
697 upvotes
on the links
For Christ sake, take it to a vet!!
Sep 24, 2006
543 posts
37 upvotes
Guelph, On
what color is the blood - bright reddish is usually a sign on straining or constipation - one of my cats had that issue and when she couldn't poop didn't eat at all.
[OP]
Apr 26, 2017
86 posts
9 upvotes
see attache picture of the blood. note: pic is from aug 17 which is last time i seen blood in his pooh

i was feeding him ultra premium cat food and it was giving him diarrhea in my opinion because it was too rich. so i went down to a lower priced food and since then haven't seen the blood.

my concern is that he is not eating at all for 2 days. he always eats his food immediately
Images
  • IMG_1304.JPG
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3762 posts
510 upvotes
Richmond Hill
anvil01 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 9:36 pm
see attache picture of the blood. note: pic is from aug 17 which is last time i seen blood in his pooh

i was feeding him ultra premium cat food and it was giving him diarrhea in my opinion because it was too rich. so i went down to a lower priced food and since then haven't seen the blood.

my concern is that he is not eating at all for 2 days. he always eats his food immediately
If you can't wait until morning to see your vet, take him to the emergency vet. Not sure where you're located, so can't suggest a location.

No one on an online forum can/will properly diagnose what the issue is.
Apr 25, 2011
670 posts
232 upvotes
British Columbia
If your cat is not eating and has bloody diarrhea then something is wrong and the cat will need a veterinarian to diagnose what is wrong, it could have a foreign body or be constipated or any other number of issues. After two days of not eating, dehydration and hepatic lipidosis are also serious concerns.

Go to a vet ASAP.
May 31, 2007
355 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely take your cat to the vet, don't wait for too long. If possible, you should also hydrate your cat - we used plastic syringe (avail in most pet stores) to feed our cat with liquid supplement and water through its mouth. All the best for your cat!
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14970 posts
3960 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
bud get the cat to a vet. wtf?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2376 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
That is fresh blood. Not good.
Vet. Not a forum.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1408 posts
342 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Agreed on the vet. If you can't go tonight for some reason, you need to assist-feed your cat! A cat can't go for two days without eating. You need to get a big-a$$ syringe and emulsify his food and hold him and get him to eat it with the syringe. Don't put it directly down his throat, but more against his cheek as it's going down. He needs to get to a vet AND he needs to eat!

http://www.assistfeed.com/feline_assisted_feeding.htm
https://virtuavet.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... eed-a-cat/
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"

Love TV? The Episodium
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1638 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
take the cat to the vet ASAP!!!!
always a bad sign when it's not eating.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14970 posts
3960 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
so did this guy ever take his cat to the vet?

smh
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Apr 26, 2017
86 posts
9 upvotes
took the cat to the vet. was charged an arm and leg just for a quick check up examination.

anyways, the next day for whatever reason the cat just started to eat again normally.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1638 posts
167 upvotes
Canada
anvil01 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 4:34 am
took the cat to the vet. was charged an arm and leg just for a quick check up examination.

anyways, the next day for whatever reason the cat just started to eat again normally.
[/quot

It's part of pet ownership to have the cat check so what did the vet do did he do a blood test?