• Oct 6th, 2017 11:17 am
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4539 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
anvil01 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 4:34 am
took the cat to the vet. was charged an arm and leg just for a quick check up examination.

anyways, the next day for whatever reason the cat just started to eat again normally.
better safe than sorry.

vet costs are one thing I wouldn't skimp on. Being butthurt about them yes but skimping on them...no
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6478 posts
2816 upvotes
Markham
anvil01 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2017 4:34 am
took the cat to the vet. was charged an arm and leg just for a quick check up examination.

anyways, the next day for whatever reason the cat just started to eat again normally.
Most people will tell you to bring the cat to a vet the moment something is wrong. But vets don't really do anything besides prod around to look for displaced organs or nodules representing possible cancerous/cysts. Having pets is an emotional endeavour and that makes our decisions more personal and irrational.

Anyway, I am not advocating that you do not see the vet at all times, but that you analyze the situation before deciding to go.

In your case, if you see bloody stool that is bright red, then it's just the cat labouring/constipating and it happens during food allergies or possibly some other stresses. In your case here, you did not need to go.
May 16, 2011
2 posts
BRAMPTON
I actually had the same issue with my dog it's a Maltese... I'm a designer /decorator and I was working on a renovation and i brought my dag with me
and the day after I too saw the blood went she went and I took her to her vet and the vet couldn't find a thing wrong with her and said that maybe she swallow something very small
but rigid ,shape from my renovation site, and the next day my dog fine, it was weird and very worrisome but i really don't know what caused it. best to go to the vet right away because it honestly could be anything.
Good Luck :)