Computers & Electronics

My computer keeps getting BSOD and restarting!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2011 5:31 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2010
172 posts
5 upvotes

My computer keeps getting BSOD and restarting!

Computer: Acer Aspire AST-690 Desktop
RAM: 1.5GB
Processor: Intel Pentium D 925

I do not have to original installation disc to preform a repair.
I can't even start up my computer without have a BSOD show up and a restart. It's really annoying :(

Can someone help? Thanks
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1646 posts
292 upvotes
sounds like a problem with your RAM or HDD. a simple reinstall of windows would rule out the HDD or you can download some bootable programs which test your individual components.

actually considering that you have 1.5gb of ram ( which is 2 DIMM's i believe?) you can try booting with 1 stick then with the other to see if that solves the problem.
Jan 15, 2010
172 posts
5 upvotes
Yes there is 2 DIMM's, I will definitely try what you said, Thanks
Jan 15, 2010
172 posts
5 upvotes
Tainger wrote: sounds like a problem with your RAM or HDD. a simple reinstall of windows would rule out the HDD or you can download some bootable programs which test your individual components.

actually considering that you have 1.5gb of ram ( which is 2 DIMM's i believe?) you can try booting with 1 stick then with the other to see if that solves the problem.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! THANKS ALOT!
The 512 MB Ram that was originally came with the computer was taken out and the computer is working fine now.. BSOD is not popping up anymore. It''s kinda slow running on the 1GB but should I upgrade to a another 1GB Ram? Or do you think its the DIMM that's affected?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1721 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
You can try the good ram in the other slot to see if it is slot related.

I've seen a lot of bad sticks of ram do this though, you could try to make sure it was seated properly as a last resort. Otherwise a new stick of ram is the best [easiest] solution.
Jan 15, 2010
172 posts
5 upvotes
Yeah so anyone having this problem. This is one way of solving it thanks to him "TAINGER"

I figured out it is the RAM Stick (512MB that originally came with it) that is causing the problem, both DIMM's work with the 1GB RAM (Working Stick). Time to go out a buy a new one for 17 bucks!

:)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto
T.ONiceGuy wrote: Yeah so anyone having this problem. This is one way of solving it thanks to him "TAINGER"

I figured out it is the RAM Stick (512MB that originally came with it) that is causing the problem, both DIMM's work with the 1GB RAM (Working Stick). Time to go out a buy a new one for 17 bucks!

:)

With laptops more than with desktops, the memory stick becomes a little unseated and develops a bad connection. Sometimes reseating it is enough to eliminate the problem; sometimes a little cleaning is required and, of course, sometimes the memory is faulty!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)