Art and Photography

my digital camera LCD screen has vertical lines; any home fixes?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2012 6:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 25, 2010
208 posts
2 upvotes
West of Toronto

my digital camera LCD screen has vertical lines; any home fixes?

my olympus m43 LCD screen has vertical lines.

it just developed them; one day fine, next day lines. model is e-p2. about 9 months old. lines do not appear on photos or thru the optional evf.

any ideas why this happened or a possible home fix. I don not relish the idea of waiting for a long repair turnaround (I've heard way too many horror stories about olympus repair).

as a side question I received this a gift so I don't know if I can find the bill from my sister - can it be sent in with just the warranty card?

THANKS

[IMG]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3112 ... llines.jpg[/IMG]
4 replies
Jul 24, 2008
857 posts
415 upvotes
I have the same problem. Did you ever get it fixed or did you just buy a new one?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8829 posts
1809 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you're handy, try replacing the LCD unit, could be a damaged flex cable or bad connection, they usually go for about $30 or so.

Unless of course if it's still under warranty, even if you can't find the receipt, they can go by manufactured date based on the serial no.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7614 posts
1503 upvotes
Had the same problem on my ipod once, lasted a while so I even got the LCD to replace and then it went away by itself.

Google should give you some ideas on what to try.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
475 posts
35 upvotes
Take advice from an electrician or an expert. They can help you to get rid from this problem.