Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
82 upvotes

My Flea Market Experience

Went to the one in pickering. Attended a booth where they sell cell phone accessories and I asked about a screen protector for my phone. Was selling for $5, I asked if they can install the screen for me due to my chances of screwing up and costing me a screen.

Well the person did it but they messed up, like lots of air bubbles all over the place. Showed me the phone and I was very upset, now before I even begin to say what I decided to I want to hear from others on here and see what would you do and see if what I did was what the usual amount of people would of done.

1) Paid full price, took my chances
2) Asked for my phone back, not paying
3) ask for a discount.
4) Have them give me a new one and let me find someone else (and only pay for one)
41 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2232 posts
295 upvotes
I wouldn't have asked them to do it in the first place. It's a screen protector - there are hundreds of "How to" videos and articles online for this. Not to mention it's not difficult and if you're worried about gumming up your screen you shouldn't have been buying them at a flea market to start with.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14223 posts
1089 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
Aug 28th, 2012 11:53 pm
I wouldn't have asked them to do it in the first place. It's a screen protector - there are hundreds of "How to" videos and articles online for this. Not to mention it's not difficult and if you're worried about gumming up your screen you shouldn't have been buying them at a flea market to start with.
This. It's a flea market.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10698 posts
777 upvotes
Brampton
You didn't pay the installation fee?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6629 posts
265 upvotes
St. Catharines
$5 for one screen protector? It's simple to install one on a phone. If you can put a sticker on the fridge you can install screen protector.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
ur_funneh wrote:
Aug 28th, 2012 11:45 pm
Went to the one in pickering. Attended a booth where they sell cell phone accessories and I asked about a screen protector for my phone. Was selling for $5, I asked if they can install the screen for me due to my chances of screwing up and costing me a screen.

Well the person did it but they messed up, like lots of air bubbles all over the place. Showed me the phone and I was very upset, now before I even begin to say what I decided to I want to hear from others on here and see what would you do and see if what I did was what the usual amount of people would of done.

1) Paid full price, took my chances
2) Asked for my phone back, not paying
3) ask for a discount.
4) Have them give me a new one and let me find someone else (and only pay for one)
You got what you paid for, in terms of installation. Deal with it.
If he charged you extra to install, I'd say you might have a reason to gripe...but as it stands, you asked for a favor. Just because someone sells something, doesn't mean they know how to use it.

Not sure what this has to do with a "flea market experience". Just a shopper who made a bad decision. Could have happened at a mall kiosk just as well.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
82 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 12:01 am
You got what you paid for, in terms of installation. Deal with it.
If he charged you extra to install, I'd say you might have a reason to gripe...but as it stands, you asked for a favor. Just because someone sells something, doesn't mean they know how to use it.

Not sure what this has to do with a "flea market experience". Just a shopper who made a bad decision. Could have happened at a mall kiosk just as well.
If someone is selling something and they have no clue how to use it, don't expect them to help you set it up since they don't know how to. In this situation I asked and they accepted my request because obviously the seller knew how to do it.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14479 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
As a fellow RFDer I'd do it for free if you provided the materials. I install screen protectors all the time and I get it perfect each time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
82 upvotes
Well since I can see this thread getting uglier by the second I might as well just come forward and tell you guys what happened, lol.

It was a really unexpected experience, yes I said unexpected because for me it's really not that easy to install and I've had issues in the past, I am not going to be running around to find an installer for my screen protector because it can't be that hard right? (according to some its like applying a sticker lol). Well apparently the person also messed up so it's not as easy as you all say. I ended up asking him why there was so many air bubbles and he replied with having too much dust in the air. I was polite and waiting to see what going to happen. Well he just basically said I'll charge you $2 for the screen because it came out not perfect, I was pleased with the decision and I carried on.

If the dude decided to charge me full price, you can bet your hiney I would definately put up a fight. The person who agreed to install it must of had experience because no one offers to do something if they don't have a clue how to do it. So which is why I guess I got a cheaper price.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14479 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
ur_funneh wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 12:20 am
Well since I can see this thread getting uglier by the second I might as well just come forward and tell you guys what happened, lol.

It was a really unexpected experience, yes I said unexpected because for me it's really not that easy to install and I've had issues in the past, I am not going to be running around to find an installer for my screen protector because it can't be that hard right? (according to some its like applying a sticker lol). Well apparently the person also messed up so it's not as easy as you all say. I ended up asking him why there was so many air bubbles and he replied with having too much dust in the air. I was polite and waiting to see what going to happen. Well he just basically said I'll charge you $2 for the screen because it came out not perfect, I was pleased with the decision and I carried on.

If the dude decided to charge me full price, you can bet your hiney I would definately put up a fight. The person who agreed to install it must of had experience because no one offers to do something if they don't have a clue how to do it. So which is why I guess I got a cheaper price.
Screen protectors are worth like 10c each. If your happy about it then why start a thread?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
82 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 12:24 am
Screen protectors are worth like 10c each. If your happy about it then why start a thread?
Just wanted to know what others would do, because I really wasn't expecting to get it for $2.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9112 posts
427 upvotes
Mississauga
LOLLLL. First off you are in a flea market so it's all fair game. You should of installed it yourself instead again in trusting someone working at a flea market kiosk.

Make this a learned lesson to install those garbage screen protectors on yourself... they are going to come off after a couple of days anyways :P
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
82 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 12:31 am
LOLLLL. First off you are in a flea market so it's all fair game. You should of installed it yourself instead again in trusting someone working at a flea market kiosk.

Make this a learned lesson to install those garbage screen protectors on yourself... they are going to come off after a couple of days anyways :P
I agree on your first comment not on your second. Only reason I bought a screen protector is because my initial one had a hair on it since day 1, and it got bigger and bigger during the months. They last **if applied correctly**
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1466 upvotes
Pickering
I woulda spent the $5 on a drink and an apple fritter. They have a real apple ring in them!
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Not your best thread, honestly....lol
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.