None
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2892 posts
308 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
EnyCe wrote:
Sep 7th, 2012 11:17 pm
Fair price? Are you joking? For $5 you can get about 5-10 sets of screen protectors on eBay with free shipping. I'm not always perfect, so I don't mind paying extra. $5 for a piece of thin piece of plastic is ridiculous, Best Buy is even more of a joke because they charge about $20 for ONE.

I used to apply them on perfectly everytime, but one time I messed up and I only ordered one. I had to wait 3 more weeks for another to come in, and this time I bought a set.
You could get these double-sided applicator ones that can be quickly and easily applied from the Chinese sellers. We usually pay $3 for several screen protectors.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1925 posts
81 upvotes
EnyCe wrote:
Sep 7th, 2012 11:17 pm
It's called wholesale for a reason. You can't expect a seller to give you such a deal for only a few pieces. You'd have to buy in huge quantities in order to achieve that price, per piece.
Bad choice of words, that's like me hijacking a thread about the price of the new iphone 5's and saying I can get them for about $300 each. Yeah if I buy them in wholesale, why would I want to know wholesale price I was looking to get one screen not 1,000. But some people on here assume someone looking for a screen protector should automatically look into buying thousands... so stupid
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3035 posts
460 upvotes
Markham, ON
ur_funneh wrote:
Sep 8th, 2012 6:50 pm
Bad choice of words, that's like me hijacking a thread about the price of the new iphone 5's and saying I can get them for about $300 each. Yeah if I buy them in wholesale, why would I want to know wholesale price I was looking to get one screen not 1,000. But some people on here assume someone looking for a screen protector should automatically look into buying thousands... so stupid
Because...
ur_funneh wrote:
Sep 7th, 2012 10:46 pm
What's with these $0.10 cent wholesale prices? I can't even find one for even close to that on ebay. Can the few who say they are worth pennies show me where to buy them for pennies? kthnx
I just simply told you why you couldn't find it. Look who's stupid now.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11195 posts
2639 upvotes
GTA
ur_funneh wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 12:36 am
I agree on your first comment not on your second. Only reason I bought a screen protector is because my initial one had a hair on it since day 1, and it got bigger and bigger during the months. They last **if applied correctly**
WTF? Hair continues to grow under screen protectors? You may have stumbled on a cure for baldness :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10813 posts
1419 upvotes
I bought the anti-glare at Monoprice. I found it to be identical to the Tru Protection anti-glare screen protector that I had on it before. But instead of being $20 at the Rogers stores, it was $1.65 for a 3 pack!

With the harder screen protectors (like the 2 mentioned above), it's so much easier to apply. No soap solutions needed.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14463 posts
2041 upvotes
Toronto
_Allan_ wrote:
Aug 29th, 2012 11:06 am
Turn off the phone.
Using an ALCOHOL based cleaner, moisten the screen (not soak it!) then moisten the sticky side of the protector
Place protector on screen, place it properly, then using a squeegee (a credit/debit card works well) starting at a bottom corner, work the squeegee to the opposite side, removing excess liquid with a cloth. When you're 100% sure the bottom is on, and not moving, them slowly move up the screen with the squeegee and cloth, removing extra moisture as you go. (DO NOT let moisture sit, as it can seep into the device, and ruin it). Let it sit 5-60 minutes, before using the phone.

HOWEVER, if you want 100% "security", go to the Ghost Armor kiosks in the malls, where for $30 they install (screen only, or full body) with a 100% lifetime replacement guarantee. (no, I don't work for the kiosk... just like their service.)
Yeap I do something similar to that.

I use eyeglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to wipe down the screen and then position/apply the screen protector. I get it on flawlessly every time. Even if there was a bubble I just push it towards the edge and it's gone.

I've helped people flash custom ROMs after realizing there was a market for it. For all my Gnex customers I did (and still do) hand out free screen protectors and applied them on perfectly for them. I charge very little for my custom ROM service (just for my time basically). The screen protector is a way of saying thanks for the business.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3094 posts
397 upvotes
If it makes you feel better OP, I hate putting on screen protectors myself too. Most of the time I get whoever I'm buying it from to put it on.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9476 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Best place in that flea market is the hot sauce stand
Mar 11, 2011
171 posts
40 upvotes
Scarborough
Thats why you buy from www.bestskinsever.com

I purchased probably 8 protectors from them over 3 years. They are like the invisible shield but way cheaper.
Apr 29, 2011
710 posts
43 upvotes
Innisfil
I am confused, can't you just take the sticker off and reapply it if it came out bubbly?

Anyway, I would have done number 2, not paid, and said, "WTF is this man!"
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
fuzzy_avocado wrote:
Sep 10th, 2012 8:00 pm
I am confused, can't you just take the sticker off and reapply it if it came out bubbly?

Anyway, I would have done number 2, not paid, and said, "WTF is this man!"

If it is those cheap screen protectors I think they are.. No

Once the dust gets on the sticky side, you either live with the air bubbles or just toss the protector and call it a day.

I bought 250 of them for my Iphone 4 awhile back off of Ebay for $70 shipped from Hong Kong.

28cents each :lol:

I've seen the same ones at many kiosks in malls and other places sell for as high as $10 installed.
.... I see, a bright past ....
but it's starting to dim.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2005
3369 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
I enjoy going to the fleamarket because it is like experiening multiple 3rd world countries without actually visiting them.