Automotive

MY G1 EXPIRED AWHILE AGO.. Do I have to wait another year to take my road test?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2010 10:36 am
Tags:
None
Dec 10, 2010
1 posts
London Ontario

MY G1 EXPIRED AWHILE AGO.. Do I have to wait another year to take my road test?

Hello All,

My G1 expired a year ago and yes I realize I have to rewrite it!!

I was just wondering am I going to have to wait another year before I am able to take the road test for a G2?

Thank you in advance!
4 replies
Aug 10, 2008
189 posts
20 upvotes
Kingston
There is a certain grace period (I think it is 1 year). I feel t here is a good chance you'll need to wait another year.
Your best bet is to call or visit a DriveTest centre to find out for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
3772 posts
219 upvotes
I know that if your g2 expires you can take g1 and g2 consecutively without waiting... not sure if you only had g1 and it expired.... yeah call mto
Jan 10, 2009
39 posts
Mike878 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2010 9:15 pm
Hello All,

My G1 expired a year ago and yes I realize I have to rewrite it!!

I was just wondering am I going to have to wait another year before I am able to take the road test for a G2?

Thank you in advance!

All you have to do is re-do your G1 and book the next available G2 Test date given you are ready for it.

The wait period between the G1 and G2 is of 1 year only the first time. Once you get G1 and it lasts for 1 year, then no matter how many times it expires you can quickly go and give G1 and do a G2 no waiting periods. However, if you Fail G1 they ask you to come back after some time (depending on how many times you have failed it). And for G2 if you fail that, you just have to have another test appointment (can be on the same day if available).

So go write your G1 and go for the G2.
× < >