Off Topic

Locked: My jacket was stolen when I was in Tim Hortons..

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2019 9:56 am
[OP]
Nov 29, 2013
6 posts
Toronto, ON

My jacket was stolen when I was in Tim Hortons..

Yesterday when I was having coffee and hot chocolote with my son I took my jacket off put on back of the chair during the visit when better table became available we moved there when we moved there either I forgot my jacket there or it was already gone I don’t recall , after 15 min later I realized that lm missing my jacket l went back to our first table there was nothing there l look around everywhere but it was no jacket. After I went to tim cashier to tell the story and ask them to check the camera ,supervisor came she asked me time frame and went back to camera room it took at least 15-20 min she came back she said they can see camera is blurry and they couldn’t figure it out who stole my jacket and they refused to show ne anything giving me any info and l left with nothing from Tim. I reported to police online and l will see anything will come up.

My question is can l claim responsible Tim Hortons for this theft and ask for compensation from Tim Hortons because they didn’t give me any answer and they couldn’t help me at all what can l do ?
I had my bank cards, CC,car keys ,gift cards ,drivers licenses,health card some cash money in my pocket

Any body have any advice?
Share:
14 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11397 posts
6203 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Soooo you're holding Tim Hortons accountable for your own mistake? I shake my head....even if you bring this to court, you got no case for your own negligence.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5909 posts
2636 upvotes
I would down vote this dumb ass thread if I could. How can people be so ridiculous?

OP, take some personal responsibility for what is your own fault and quit looking to blame others.
Jan 2, 2019
143 posts
8 upvotes
What kind of jacket was it?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1152 posts
299 upvotes
YYC
Lol
Sep 10, 2017
99 posts
53 upvotes
Who leaves all that stuff in their jacket pockets?
Aug 7, 2005
815 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
MysticGohan wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 2:05 am
Who leaves all that stuff in their jacket pockets?
Two words, insurance scam
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17733 posts
1760 upvotes
Space for rent
Have to be diligent when you're out in public. A lot of opportunists.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2643 posts
1444 upvotes
Kitchener
yumaz23 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 1:03 am

My question is can l claim responsible Tim Hortons for this theft and ask for compensation from Tim Hortons because they didn’t give me any answer and they couldn’t help me at all what can l do ?
I had my bank cards, CC,car keys ,gift cards ,drivers licenses,health card some cash money in my pocket

Any body have any advice?
Tim Hortons has zero liability here. 100% your fault. Lesson learned, for you.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1725 posts
234 upvotes
Markham
Thinking there’s a liability issue with Tim’s is about as lame as those law suits against establishments that Plaintiffs feel that their coffee was too hot.
There’s privacy laws Tim’s must adhere too. But without a doubt report it to the cops and Tim’s would release the video to them to assist with any investigation.
Whoever stole your jacket must have seen you put some type of valuable in there at some point.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4837 posts
4009 upvotes
PCUSER wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:50 am
Thinking there’s a liability issue with Tim’s is about as lame as those law suits against establishments that Plaintiffs feel that their coffee was too hot.
There’s privacy laws Tim’s must adhere too. But without a doubt report it to the cops and Tim’s would release the video to them to assist with any investigation.
Whoever stole your jacket must have seen you put some type of valuable in there at some point.
Just FYI from another thread...
You should read into that case a little more... The coffee was way hotter than it should have been, and the lid was not properly secured when it was handed to her. The woman got 3rd degree burns.... It melted her vagina...

Apparently, she only asked McDs to help her out with the medical bills... Instead of helping her, McDs decided to spin the media against her and claimed it was a frivolous lawsuit. Only then did she sue and seek punitive damages, with the advice of a lawyer, of course.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/social-m ... #p30394719
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5503 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Forgot his jacket coz we live in the most peaceful and safest country in the world. I bet the thief wanted to say "sorry" too..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8079 posts
883 upvotes
Answer is yes u can hold Tim Hortons responsible and ask for compensation but good luck getting anything. Heck, you can even claim the Canada Post mailman is responsible as he wasn’t there to guard your jacket. You can even go after my neighbor Earl. Again, good luck getting anything out of anyone for your own mess up.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1168 posts
680 upvotes
Etobicoke
OP has account for 6 years, and 5 posts, this is one on them. A ridiculous post about his/her own stupidity, and blaming Tim
Hortons. *
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 10th, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Feb 11, 2018
219 posts
318 upvotes
This thread is invaluable to RFDers. They now know that security cams at Tim's are worth shit. So this is the place to go if you wish to steal a jacket. Happy hunting :)
This thread has been certified SE (Shallow Enough) for all readers - 😂