• Sep 1st, 2012 11:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2012
1717 posts
153 upvotes

My location keeps getting erased

I put my location as Markham in my profile and now it's erased. I tried about 5 times in the past month and every time it gets erased.

Maybe it's cause I use different computers and different browsers on RFD but I thought the location and other profile info was saved on your server and not in a cookie on my computer?

Also, on Off Topic I often get a message that says I have to check this box if I agree to abide by the rules of Off Topic before I can post, I check the box and post, but later I get same msg again, I think this something wrong because I'm pretty sure I'm not suppose to get that message more than once.

So it looks like there is something wrong with my account.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2012
1717 posts
153 upvotes
That's how I did it before, ok I just updated it to say Markham, you see it say markham? You are my witness. I bet by tomorrow it will be gone.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
4103 posts
269 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Same thing happens, never got a solution for this to hid my location or put fake ones.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Been using Markham for couple months now
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13885 posts
1368 upvotes
Because he lives in stupid Markham :)
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2012
1717 posts
153 upvotes
And look it's gone! You saw that it was there right? I'm not lying? Did you see it that my location said Markham? Now it doesn't say my location and I did not change it, it got erased on it's own.
Jun 7, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario
The same is happening to me for months now, except mine is stuck as "MISSISSAUGA". I've tried changing it under My Options and/or with the pencil, but neither sticks once I log out and log back in. I've tried this under Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It can't be a browser issue. Is any admin reading this able to help?
Jun 7, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario
Ok. I contacted the admin and they advised me to try going to http://profiles.yellowpages.ca/. Once there, you can log in with your RFD account and update your profile and your postal code. However, I updated mine and now I went from "MISSISSAUGA" to "MISSISSAUGA, Ontario". However, at least now if your location is wrong, you can correct it but be prepared for one in the format: "CITY, Province". There are no options to leave it blank or put anything fake/custom, so don't log in if you want either.

I'm working with admin to see what other options there are. Stand by.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
I just noticed my location is also erased. It's been there for years and I even noticed it a couple days ago. It said GTA, but it has just disappeared on its own.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: I just noticed my location is also erased. It's been there for years and I even noticed it a couple days ago. It said GTA, but it has just disappeared on its own.
Mine too.

Edit:
Just added it back, there was a "0" in the location field.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mine used to do that, then all of a sudden it took. I still don't now why.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
My location changed. I've changed it back by going to my profile and "edit user options" but instead of changing it under location I clicked "Change city" on the top right in the "you are located in" section. Let's see if this sticks.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
I used to have GTA manually typed in as my location.

Now, I went into my profile and clicked on the option that you mentioned Ojam. It was set at Toronto. I realized there is no option to change that to "GTA". When I closed out of there "Toronto" had been filled in under 'location'. Each time I tried to change it to GTA and 'save changes'. It switches on its own back to Toronto.

Very strange. I figure I'll just put my location in my signature since there seem to be something wrong here.

Edit: And more interesting - My location does now say GTA. Even though when I look at the location box in my profile it currently says "Toronto" and won't change.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
I'm having the same problem and I hate it.

Also I can't fill out the interests/occupation without it flushing every few minutes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)