Travel

MY PR Card is expired can I come back to Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2017 3:33 pm
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
1 posts

MY PR Card is expired can I come back to Canada?

I am a polish citizen and have applied for my 2nd permanent resident card. It seems as though I will not get my card in time for travel date of July 11.
I am wondering if I will be able to return to Canada if I leave, do I need to apply for a travel document or could I just enter the country with my polish passport?
Can I leave while my permanent card is in processing ?

Thanks for answering my questions
3 replies
Jun 5, 2013
67 posts
40 upvotes
Ottawa
you can leave if your PR is under process but under these circumstances if you can provide them with your ticket details, they can fast track it and have it to you before you leave. You must have the PR or other document issued from Immigration to re-enter Canada...
StarTV1000+ Live Tv Channels in English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Kannada, Arabic, Sinhala, Marathi, Gujarat, Oriya, Filipino, Nepali, Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam,Persian, French, Urdu, Punjabi and Bangla
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
26574 posts
3273 upvotes
Ottawa
carolinkaa wrote:
Jun 18th, 2017 9:15 pm
I am a polish citizen and have applied for my 2nd permanent resident card. It seems as though I will not get my card in time for travel date of July 11.
I am wondering if I will be able to return to Canada if I leave, do I need to apply for a travel document or could I just enter the country with my polish passport?
Can I leave while my permanent card is in processing ?

Thanks for answering my questions
Odd that you should come to a consumer deals forum and a travel forum for your first post instead of calling the Canadian Embassy?
You may get answers here but the official response will come from the Embassy.
I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome! Anonymous