Cell Phones

For my REAL Android users..

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2013 4:43 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: what android 4.x.x UI?

• Total votes: 176. You have voted on this poll.
AOSP

21%
AOKP

17%
CyanogenMod 9 or 10

34%
Sense 3.6

1%
Sense 4.0

8%
MIUI v4

3%
TouchWiz

14%
Sony's UI

2%
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2012
1191 posts
46 upvotes
NORTH YORK

For my REAL Android users..

by real, i mean the ones who make the best of their phones by rooting and flashing new ROMs, mods, etc.

if youre a regular over at XDA, im talking to you.

so, what ICS/JB UI do you use/prefer and why?

personally i love sense 4.0 but its so bloated :(
136 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Sense 4.0. It looks best to me. Unfortunately it also implements horrible multi-tasking :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2012
1191 posts
46 upvotes
NORTH YORK
desidealer49 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 1:17 pm
Sense 4.0. It looks best to me. Unfortunately it also implements horrible multi-tasking :(
WORST multi-tasking. destroys what android once stood for..
its too iphone-y
hopefully someone figures out a hack to fix it
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
IamToronto wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 1:23 pm
WORST multi-tasking. destroys what android once stood for..
its too iphone-y
hopefully someone figures out a hack to fix it
lol trust me, worse than even the iPhone. Music shuts down, IM clients have to restart. Even my iPhone 4 never did that.

Really don't get what the software guys at HTC were thinking.

And also mad at them not giving us a 32 GB One X option too. 9.6 GB of user accessible storage is stupid. The 50 GB online storage they tout isn't even free forever lol.

Every time i see a HTC phone, they do something amazing with it, and then intentionally butcher some aspects of it. It is like they are saying "hey guys look at this amazing device but stay away and don't buy because we neutered it hahaha"
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1768 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Voted AOSP.

Would say Sense but like you guys say the multi-tasking is suspect and there's also some other weird glitches

Used to love MIUI but they also had some occasional glitches as the software just seemed to be OC'd and over using the power all the time, causing the phone to heat up, etc. And now the V4 has even more glitches

But for now I'm actually still using Sense on my HTC One X lol, waiting for CM9
© 2015
Deal Fanatic
May 3, 2009
5726 posts
628 upvotes
IamToronto wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 1:03 pm
by real, i mean the ones who make the best of their phones by rooting and flashing new ROMs, mods, etc.

if youre a regular over at XDA, im talking to you.

so, what ICS/JB UI do you use/prefer and why?

personally i love sense 4.0 but its so bloated :(
So that means geeks
Dec 31, 2008
581 posts
12 upvotes
Scarborough
AOSP/AOKP, fast, stable, good battery life. That's all I'm after.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2012
1191 posts
46 upvotes
NORTH YORK
yea i think im gonna stick to AOKP for now, hopefully sense for jellybean will fix the mutli-tasking
desidealer49 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 1:31 pm
lol trust me, worse than even the iPhone. Music shuts down, IM clients have to restart. Even my iPhone 4 never did that.

Really don't get what the software guys at HTC were thinking.

And also mad at them not giving us a 32 GB One X option too. 9.6 GB of user accessible storage is stupid. The 50 GB online storage they tout isn't even free forever lol.

Every time i see a HTC phone, they do something amazing with it, and then intentionally butcher some aspects of it. It is like they are saying "hey guys look at this amazing device but stay away and don't buy because we neutered it hahaha"

hahahaha i agree 100%. its a great phone with cool features and design but theyre going towards the iphone route with the non-removable battery, no memory card slot, WEAK multi-tasking (if you even want to call it multi-tasking)
hopefully HTC doesnt sucker us with their 2012 Q3 releases. im a big htc fan but i dont know what theyre thinking anymore.

TheRed wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 2:22 pm
So that means geeks
hey man youre so cool. please teach me how to be so cool. when i grow up i wish i could be as cool as you.

its painfully obvious that you are a strong supporter of everything crApple
Jun 30, 2010
609 posts
58 upvotes
I have always liked htc phones. One reason is their widgets. Does anybody know whether adding more screens and widgets consume more battery?
Aug 9, 2009
61 posts
13 upvotes
xtwo wrote:
Jul 21st, 2012 11:57 pm
I have always liked htc phones. One reason is their widgets. Does anybody know whether adding more screens and widgets consume more battery?
Probably does since it will consume more RAM.
Jan 14, 2010
286 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Great thread - I will look up the most popular choices.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
8104 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, touchwiz... LOL gross

Sorry :P but AOSP wins it for me. Isn't CM9/10 based of AOSP?

I mean I love CM and will use it once they have a JB ROM out that's working well, but to have two choices meaning the same thing is =/
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14292 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
I prefer AOSP. I don't like aokp because there are too many customization options IMO.

Oh I'm running deodexed 4.1.1 with the JB radio. Trinity kernel is awesome! (I'm using the alpha builds though.. ) Too bad I had to buy the Trinity kernel toolkit to get all kernel customization options :(

GTA 3 is REALLY smooth (35fps+) with the 504mhz GPU overclock and the 1.5ghz CPU OC. I haven't undervolted yet because the process of getting it just right is kinda tedious.

I don't want to get in the habit of buying too many apps then I want to spend. I mean I don't have a problem with buying apps but I want to stay in my budget.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
mcg wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2012 1:04 am
Wow, touchwiz... LOL gross

Sorry :P but AOSP wins it for me. Isn't CM9/10 based of AOSP?

I mean I love CM and will use it once they have a JB ROM out that's working well, but to have two choices meaning the same thing is =/
AOSP is definitely better but the new touchwiz looks decent from what i have seen in person. It is light, close to stock android (sans system apps). The GS3 dialer looks much cleaner and nicer than the nexus one to me for example.
× < >