• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2013 2:13 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
5 posts

my transdeal.ca experience

I was in the market for a 2013 ford explorer sport model.
MRSP including tax is $58,962 for the options I wanted (voice nav & adaptive cruise control)

I started shopping around the dealers in my area. But quickly came to realize there wasn't much room for negotiations from the dealers. So I decided to give transdeal.ca a shot.
The next day I got a email from them with a pre negotiation price of $53,448
I then sent transdeal a email back to confirm the price was plus tax and quickly got a email back telling me this was there on the road price. I was still skeptical that there would be extra charges from the dealer they gave me.
But no I'm now on the road with a on the road price of $53,448.

I'm now a believer of their service and would recommend them to my friends and to the RFD community.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1501 posts
40 upvotes
Maple
Interesting, but skeptical. Every review on the 'net, including other threads here on RFD is made up of people with less than 10 posts - all too convenient.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
5 posts
Just posting my experience, everybody on RFD had under 10 post at one time or another.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6101 posts
1060 upvotes
Mississauga
Having been on this forum for many years, you'd be amazed at how many people with less then 3 posts post a review and within a month never post again. This happens quite often as there main intent is to post a positive review about a company they own, or work for or have vested interest in. Believe it or not it happens many times.

Most that wish to remain members don't post reviews till they gain credibility. Credibility is a strong factor since it's hard take the word of someone that just joined. And yes, Homestars in some cases are somewhat to the vendors advantage since we've seen bad reviews deleted so as to aid the vendor that advertises on Homestars.

In a nutshell, newbies that post reviews as there first couple of posts sets up red flags on this forum.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
23860 posts
4175 upvotes
DOWNTOWNERdude wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 2:58 pm
Who are we?
The RFD community. People know shills when they see them, lol. It's not hard when you make it entirely obvious ;)
Nov 30, 2010
920 posts
276 upvotes
Scarborough
Maymybonneliveforever wrote:
Jan 18th, 2013 3:10 pm
Having been on this forum for many years, you'd be amazed at how many people with less then 3 posts post a review and within a month never post again. This happens quite often as there main intent is to post a positive review about a company they own, or work for or have vested interest in. Believe it or not it happens many times.

Most that wish to remain members don't post reviews till they gain credibility. Credibility is a strong factor since it's hard take the word of someone that just joined. And yes, Homestars in some cases are somewhat to the vendors advantage since we've seen bad reviews deleted so as to aid the vendor that advertises on Homestars.

In a nutshell, newbies that post reviews as there first couple of posts sets up red flags on this forum.
+1

Don't know why people still do this.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6038 posts
704 upvotes
Greely
I'm going to go buy a car using transdeal.ca right now.

Thanks OP
[OP]
Jan 14, 2013
5 posts
I see members on RFD are skeptical all the time. I've been lurking on RFD for years and got good deals from this site. Just posting my experience I had.
The more info on buying something is better then less info especially for big purchases.
Sep 25, 2009
617 posts
71 upvotes
Mississauga
Happy F*rd owner - publish Pictures, please. RFD likes to visualize.
No Pictures - no stories.
Dec 8, 2009
104 posts
8 upvotes
Bought my '11 GTI from transdeal. Checked out all Ottawa area VW's and some GTA dealers the room for bargain was minimum back then (ie. less than 1k). Tried transdeal input the car with the options I want, they came back with the pre-negotiated price in a GTA dealership with almost 2k off. I was asked by transdeal to speak with the sales mgr direct so I did, closed transaction within 10min I was there, car picked up after 2 weeks perfect condition and under 50km on it. Zero hassle will do again.