Parenting & Family

My wife wants to do cloth diapers

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2017 10:22 am
Feb 8, 2017
208 posts
70 upvotes
first world problems, eh? we went with disposable with our kids and they lived. so did our friends kids that used cloth. who cares, pick whatever makes you happy. pros and cons for both
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11309 posts
982 upvotes
Kanata
We went with cloth for both our sons, I didn't think anything of it. I actually preferred cloth to disposables. To be fair, my wife did the laundry but I would say the changes were 50/50 so I had plenty of experience with doing snaps/clasps/prefolds, and all that.
Oct 24, 2011
60 posts
11 upvotes
Markham
at home, cloth is ok... i highly recommend disposable when you are out, makes life a lot easier!

Also, maybe it's the cloth diapers that we got, i find cloth diapers leak easier than disposable.
Nov 13, 2013
601 posts
206 upvotes
Sorkid49 wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 3:02 pm
at home, cloth is ok... i highly recommend disposable when you are out, makes life a lot easier!

Also, maybe it's the cloth diapers that we got, i find cloth diapers leak easier than disposable.
Number 1 certainly leaks faster with cloth especially overnight or when a bit older. Blow outs are much more common with disposables though and frankly one of those is worse than 20 leaks.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4637 posts
376 upvotes
Scarborough
in many countries of the world they only can afford cloth diapers......disposables are expensive and these companies charge a lot for them here knowing thta most prefer these.

washing is an issue here too. In other countries they have floors and special area to wash clothes in each home. Here its all tiled floors with no wash area. Only sink, toilet or bathtubs available so its limited
Sep 3, 2013
632 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
OP, what did you decide to do and how is it going?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15923 posts
1832 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 1:10 pm
Every one is telling us that this is a bad idea.
I would just use regular diapers. Let her try for a couple weeks and she'll probably switch.