Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[MyProtein] 11lb of Protein UNFLAVORED for... DEAD DEAL.

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2017 11:50 am
Oct 10, 2011
56 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
trpnda wrote: That's for the isolate, which isn't as heavily discounted as the impact whey protein.
Thanks OP! Got 22 lbs + Creatine to hit the free shipping.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6429 posts
2212 upvotes
Senescence wrote: I love how you just throw that around like you're talking about climate change and there's a scientific consensus on it. I'm studying to be a registered dietitian and I can tell you with confidence that this statement is absolutely false. This is a complex issue. If you want to give advice to people, educate yourself instead of spreading misinformation that is potentially dangerous for some people to follow. Here's the TL:DR you might benefit from reading, in the meantime:

"For most people, the amount of cholesterol eaten has only a modest impact on the amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood. (24) For some people, though, blood cholesterol levels rise and fall very strongly in relation to the amount of cholesterol eaten."

Source: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... olesterol/
LOL from that very same link:

"The biggest influence on blood cholesterol level is the mix of fats and carbohydrates in your diet—not the amount of cholesterol you eat from food."

" However, scientific studies show a weak relationship between the amount of cholesterol a person consumes and his or her blood cholesterol levels"

Maybe Nikhilvoid's comment was a little exaggerated but saying it's ABSOLUTELY FALSE?
Apr 19, 2009
304 posts
208 upvotes
Pyro wrote: Maybe Nikhilvoid's comment was a little exaggerated but saying it's ABSOLUTELY FALSE?

That's why the poster said studying to be a dietician :) took his first class and googled some articles
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
How does this compare taste-wise with the Costco LeanFit that was on sale?

Found the LeanFit protein horrid with water, but fine with milk.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
Pyro wrote: LOL from that very same link:

"The biggest influence on blood cholesterol level is the mix of fats and carbohydrates in your diet—not the amount of cholesterol you eat from food."

" However, scientific studies show a weak relationship between the amount of cholesterol a person consumes and his or her blood cholesterol levels"

Maybe Nikhilvoid's comment was a little exaggerated but saying it's ABSOLUTELY FALSE?
Holy! isn't that exactly what Nikhilvoid said?
HAHAH!! you made my day!
Thanks for your lil search ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1068 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
darn it I just opened my 11lb impact whey and I only use a scoop a day (very rarely 2) so this should be enough for what? 6 months? But still I am tempted to get another one and stock up. They don't expire soon do they?
May 9, 2014
213 posts
248 upvotes
Embarras
pca1987 wrote: darn it I just opened my 11lb impact whey and I only use a scoop a day (very rarely 2) so this should be enough for what? 6 months? But still I am tempted to get another one and stock up. They don't expire soon do they?
11 lb ~= 5 kg
1 scoop = 25 g = 0.025 kg
2/0.025 = 200 days
The bags I bought 3 months ago have expiry dates of Oct 2018 and Aug 2018. Not sure about yours.
Koodo Migration Plan $40/ 6GB

Shaw Internet 300
- $43/month 1st year
- $58/month 2nd year
- $250 bill credits
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6429 posts
2212 upvotes
snoshy wrote: That's why the poster said studying to be a dietician :) took his first class and googled some articles
I question if any dietitian courses/certifications keep up to date on nutritional studies anyways. I really hope this guy doesn't start working as one and keeps recommending 12 servings of grains a day.

Anyways off topic
Anyone have flavor recommendations in water? It'd be nice to compile an RFD list. I've tried:
Chocolate Smooth (good)
Vanilla (good but gets tiring so mainly use it in smoothies)
Chocolate Mint (ok, gets tiring)
Mocha (great)
Strawberry (good, would probably get tiring but I mainly use it in smoothies too)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3607 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pyro wrote: I question if any dietitian courses/certifications keep up to date on nutritional studies anyways. I really hope this guy doesn't start working as one and keeps recommending 12 servings of grains a day.

Anyways off topic
Anyone have flavor recommendations in water? It'd be nice to compile an RFD list. I've tried:
Chocolate Smooth (good)
Vanilla (good but gets tiring so mainly use it in smoothies)
Chocolate Mint (ok, gets tiring)
Mocha (great)
Strawberry (good, would probably get tiring but I mainly use it in smoothies too)
Choco smooth is the only one I didn't get tired off.

Strawberry cream is very tiring. Good thing I ordered 1 bag each of choco and strawberry, now I alternate between the two flavors.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
7313 posts
6265 upvotes
Is it better than ON Gold Standard? Based on the ingredients, it seems not?
🤑 Amex Cobalt | MBNA RWE | Rogers MC
⛱️ Amex Platinum | Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
Jan 2, 2014
929 posts
679 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: Is it better than ON Gold Standard? Based on the ingredients, it seems not?
If you can find ON for $25/5lbs I'd say go for it.
Mar 6, 2008
456 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
EdisonL299 wrote: Is it better than ON Gold Standard? Based on the ingredients, it seems not?
I used ON GS religiously before, but couldn't keep up with how expensive the product is. I switched to MyProtein and never looked back.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
I bought the vanilla impact (not isolate) last time, here are my thoughts:

- The taste is good, but very sweet! Even in 2 cups of milk it tastes like sugar (although only has 3g/scoop)
- The powder is fluffy, so the scoops seem large
- I measured a scoop to be 32g
- The powder mixes fairly well. I use an immersion blender for about 10 seconds.
- Because of the strong taste, you can use it with water and it will still taste decent
- The bag has a strong seal, but it's kinda annoying to do/undo every time. I dumped 5lbs into an old whey bottle I had.
- Once again, this is sweet! I don't have a sweet tooth (can't even stand sugary drinks), so maybe my opinion is different. But keep that in mind!

I also bought the creatine and add a scoop into my whey drink every day. Also, don't buy BCAA. It's an easy sell for supplement companies but doesn't really offer any benefits to your workout routine. The only exception is if your workouts occur while fasting, i.e. right after you wake up and before breakfast.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Noob question - Is this for Whey Isolate or Whey Protein? Is there a quick guide on what the difference is?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3607 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SkimGuy wrote: Noob question - Is this for Whey Isolate or Whey Protein? Is there a quick guide on what the difference is?
Whey Isolate is also protein. This deal is for concentrate.

Enough links on google explaining the difference.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
donyc wrote: Ordered 33lbs of protein isolate during the last promo and didn't get charged with custom but YMMV.
I don't think the concern is getting charged, I think it's having the package either confiscated or returned to sender. There's a warning popup on the site that says Canadian Customs will only allow a "90-day supply" on a single shipment. How they calculate what 90 days is, seems a mystery. The site seems to say there's a rating on the products as to how many day supply each constitutes, however I can't really see that information in any obvious place :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
carmageddon wrote: Whey Isolate is also protein. This deal is for concentrate.

Enough links on google explaining the difference.
Thanks, just wanted to make sure I got the right one

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)