[Myprotein] Myprotein 40% off "Mystery Sale"

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 10:13 am
Dec 27, 2017
36 posts
56 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 9:19 am
Comes out to $76.2 per 11lb bag after 40%, seems kind of expensive. I recall it being $55-60 being a good deal
If you’d like at $60/11lb isolate pm me.
Sep 1, 2006
385 posts
92 upvotes
BC, Canada
KylarF47030 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:27 pm
Can vouch for chocolate smooth, salted caramel and strawberry cream flavours being good (in the isolate at least)
Chocolate Smooth is easily my favourite flavour.

I liked Salted Caramel at first, but after a couple lbs I am having a hard time getting through it - I am sick of the taste.

I've tried a lot of flavours over the years but now I am going to stick with Chocolate Smooth and Vanilla.
Mar 7, 2011
281 posts
85 upvotes
Vernon
LetsGoWings wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:33 pm
Chocolate Smooth is easily my favourite flavour.

I liked Salted Caramel at first, but after a couple lbs I am having a hard time getting through it - I am sick of the taste.

I've tried a lot of flavours over the years but now I am going to stick with Chocolate Smooth and Vanilla.
this exactly! and i still have another unopened salted caramel im absolutely dreading opening (i probably won’t)
Nov 11, 2003
405 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
Hey, just giving everyone my 2 cents !

So basically I have been now using these protein powders mixed with 30 calorie almond milk and blended with a bunch of ice to make smoothies !

I use the chocolate brownie, mixes with extra Splenda, extra salt and 95 percent fat free peanut butter powder to make my own recess peanut butter cup flavour.

I use the salted caramel flavour mixed with 1 extra Splenda, lots of ice, 1 cup of 30 cal almond milk, and I add 1/2 cup of either froze raspberries or black berries, and make a smoothie, I found This to taste more like ice cream like this.

And mocha flavour as lots of you know by itself tastes very similar to coffee crisp chocolate bars, still I mix with ice and almond milk

All these are mixed in the larger magic bullet container size, I find blending with lots of ice to thicken it up makes me drink much slower and fills me up so I eat less in the day :)

Just ordered a few small bags of different flavours to try out! Any thought on s’mores or snickerdoodle?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1546 posts
540 upvotes
Last order I made with myprotein was hell. Their customer service is non-existent. Never ordering from them again.
Oct 23, 2010
23 posts
5 upvotes
It should be stated in every whey protein thread. If it's greater than $7/lb of whey protein ISOLATE its not a deal.
Feb 24, 2012
87 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
others are right i remember paying a lot less in last years deal they raised the prices a lot
Nov 8, 2013
340 posts
186 upvotes
arcty5 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:03 pm
Mocha is good. The chocolate one had me gagging
I've been getting choc. smooth for a year now and this one just tastes like dirt gawd damn
Dec 16, 2015
87 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Looks like MyProtein has been raising the prices of their protein. I'm looking at a past order:
https://i.imgur.com/7lucYLz.png

$48.75 for 5.5 lbs of Isolate bought last year in June

https://i.imgur.com/gzIDNqI.png

$57 for 5.5 lbs of isolate.

They do have 45% off sales, but that's like one or twice a year, and it could be coming up soon. Though the 5% isn't going to be enough to get back to the prices they had last year.
We can speculate though that they spent a good amount of their money on marketing, revamping their website, and packaging. But still, the price jump hurts :(
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
3431 posts
1143 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone had the donut flavours (Canadian or glazed)?

Looking to split an order with a buddy.

Regards.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13313 posts
1635 upvotes
Mississauga
djpr wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 1:06 pm
Last order I made with myprotein was hell. Their customer service is non-existent. Never ordering from them again.
do elaborate.. what happened?
Oct 9, 2011
605 posts
309 upvotes
EAST YORK
Strawberry cream, salted caramel and mocha taste amazing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
6477 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
So with MyProtein jacking up their prices over the years - what's the alternative (other than Costco's Kaizen on sale)?
Is MyProtein still the best with their sale prices (protein/gr)?
Nov 2, 2012
985 posts
1305 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 6:11 pm
I'm allergic to whey so am looking at the vegan ones. Expensive even with the 40% discount. The vegan protein powders at Costco are cheaper.
I'm not sure what Costco's prices are for vegan protein, but you can check out https://www.canadianprotein.com/vegan-protein

Their premium vegan protein blend is on sale, and every batch is also 3rd party tested for heavy metals and quality.

11lbs of Apple Cinnamon for $67.99. The rest of the flavours are $79.99 for 11lbs. That's comparable to what I've been paying for 11lbs of whey isolate at myprotein. Just make a new account every order, and you'll get an additional 10% off for first time orders.

I've never tried a vegan protein before, so I ordered the Apple Cinnamon on Friday. We'll see if 11lbs was a good idea or not Face With Tears Of Joy. I've been losing my patience with the way myprotein is inflating prices for their "sales". I figured I would try something completely different from somewhere else.