Hot Deals

[Myprotein] Myprotein 40% off "Mystery Sale"

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2019 10:13 am
Jan 8, 2006
811 posts
165 upvotes
tried my new salted caramel and the flavor profile has definitely changed but not horrible by any means. still reminiscent of original salted caramel, but different accents sticking out. probably changes every time I order and you just get used to it after the first few shakes.

killahbeez maybe you got an unflavored batch by mistake?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1669 posts
1037 upvotes
Vancouver
dea1er wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 12:04 pm
From American Dad s05e17:

Stan: You didn't make a dent in that Russian protein powder I gave you.
Steve: Uh, I don't think it's for people, Dad.

I wish more people watched that show. It started off so weak, but Seasons 3-8 are just amazing.
Oct 16, 2010
180 posts
414 upvotes
How long have your orders taken to deliver? My delivery estimate is 2 weeks. The tracking # provided doesnt work so I asked chat. They said order is not tracked, but might be tracked once it clears customs. I should receive my order in 15 days, but to wait 3 weeks before contacting them.
NixxonExxo wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 4:17 am
There is an up to 60% off sale plus extra 20% off purchase today. I did the comparison math and this deal is better then the 40% discount order I placed last week.
For protein specifically, yes this deal is even better than the 45% flash sale I got. 11lbs isolate 40% was $98, at 45% was $90, and today its showing $87. Not bad.
Jan 8, 2006
811 posts
165 upvotes
Proxism wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:09 pm
How long have your orders taken to deliver? My delivery estimate is 2 weeks. The tracking # provided doesnt work so I asked chat. They said order is not tracked, but might be tracked once it clears customs. I should receive my order in 15 days, but to wait 3 weeks before contacting them.
mine was shipped Purolator International and its trackable but you can't use standard purolator.com or their app to track it. Mine was a Puro-post handoff to Canadapost, and the tracking number worked in their system as soon as it reached canada. Won't show up until then.

took a week maybe to reach GTA
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4934 posts
925 upvotes
Thornhill
sumguy12004 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2019 6:25 am
ppl buy much to avoid shipping cost then get stuck with close to expiry powder.
1. It's a powder so it could be 2 years expired and still good.
2. Anything I bought was at least 1 year ahead so even when I buy 4-5 11lb bags, they don't last me that long as I take 3-4 scoops per day, every day. My wife also indulges so these 11lb bags run out fast.
Natural vanilla is the best as you can add it to anything from shakes to cookies to oatmeals, pancakes, and other food. I make my own protein bars too with this powder.

Closely followed by Chocolate Smooth. Others seems to be hit and miss so never wanted to try other flavors.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4934 posts
925 upvotes
Thornhill
Be careful guys, sale is not very good. Some kind of scam tactics, typical of them...
Their tax20 and this mys40 gives the same discount @ 175 for 2X 11lb isolate, which is standard price. I typically get 2bags for about $140-145 ( a few times got them under $130 in 2017). 11lb isolate should not be more than $75
Feb 12, 2017
23 posts
11 upvotes
Proxism wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:09 pm

For protein specifically, yes this deal is even better than the 45% flash sale I got. 11lbs isolate 40% was $98, at 45% was $90, and today its showing $87. Not bad.
Shipping to Ajax took a little over a month. The tracking number I got from the shipping company (OSM) never worked. The product just randomly showed up.
Oct 16, 2010
180 posts
414 upvotes
I'm very happy with my order. It took exactly 1 week to arrive, shipped by OSM international, then when it arrived in Canada I received a UPS tracking number. No duty necessary. The date on my powder is 9/2020 and I'll definitely use it before then.

The nutritional info online is a bit misleading as they only show unflavored. With flavour the stats are: whey isolate 25g/90cal/20g protein. Whey concentrate with flavours is 25g/100cal/18g protein. So the isolate does edge out the concentrate, but very very slightly. May not be worth the premium $ because 80% protein is low for isolate.

Also love the shaker and the shorts. Overall great experience and MyProtein just won a new customer.
Jan 8, 2006
811 posts
165 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:23 pm
Be careful guys, sale is not very good. Some kind of scam tactics, typical of them...
Their tax20 and this mys40 gives the same discount @ 175 for 2X 11lb isolate, which is standard price. I typically get 2bags for about $140-145 ( a few times got them under $130 in 2017). 11lb isolate should not be more than $75
yeah this has been happening a while and is definitely a shady sales tactic. zero pricing consistency. even when the discount stays the same its like throwing a dart at the wall to determine final sale price. That said, I've typically been able to hit around $8/lb pre-tax whenever I re-order and buy enough for free shipping.
Oct 25, 2018
266 posts
260 upvotes
ceekay69 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 7:37 pm
I've only tried strawberry cream and i'm super happy with it. Been drinking it straight, and it's a super delish addition to my green smoothies (spinach, frozen pineapples, yogurt)
Strawbery cream is a little sweet but not bad, Mocha is pretty good!

My only question is that MyProtein is the FIRST protein I have tried (even ones from GNC) that breaks down copmpletly into an almost juice like state.

My past orders from CanadianProtein (Also Whey Isolate) I do two scoops and maybe 200ml of water and get somewhat of a melted icecream like thickness, with MyProtein it's like juice, the stuff just dissolves and has the viscosity of water.

Is one or the other better/worse? or no conerns? Just seems weird to me!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2776 posts
624 upvotes
Mississauga
MikeB84225 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 2:28 pm
Strawbery cream is a little sweet but not bad, Mocha is pretty good!

My only question is that MyProtein is the FIRST protein I have tried (even ones from GNC) that breaks down copmpletly into an almost juice like state.

My past orders from CanadianProtein (Also Whey Isolate) I do two scoops and maybe 200ml of water and get somewhat of a melted icecream like thickness, with MyProtein it's like juice, the stuff just dissolves and has the viscosity of water.

Is one or the other better/worse? or no conerns? Just seems weird to me!
Doesnt have any thickening agents. If you do want it thicker, simply add in a 1/4tsp of xanthan gum.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4252 posts
2098 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
dazz wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:17 pm
1. It's a powder so it could be 2 years expired and still good.
2. Anything I bought was at least 1 year ahead so even when I buy 4-5 11lb bags, they don't last me that long as I take 3-4 scoops per day, every day. My wife also indulges so these 11lb bags run out fast.
Natural vanilla is the best as you can add it to anything from shakes to cookies to oatmeals, pancakes, and other food. I make my own protein bars too with this powder.

Closely followed by Chocolate Smooth. Others seems to be hit and miss so never wanted to try other flavors.
+1 Natural vanilla is the ultimate flavour!
Nov 27, 2013
168 posts
32 upvotes
So how much does the Natural vanilla cost for the 11lb bag with shipping to Alberta?

Because last time I got the Protein at Costco which costs $40 for 2KG. Each serving has 25G of Protein, super low in carbs and no fat. I think I found this to be the best deal. The only one that comes close is the Vegie Protein sold at Super Store
Apr 18, 2018
51 posts
18 upvotes
I paid 66.94$ for flavored and 116$ for 2 bags of unflavored