• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2018 10:39 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1251 posts
434 upvotes
Just a note - I was in Vegas last September at their (In-n-Out) primary location of I-15 and W Tropicana.
I wasn't there to eat though, it was 10:30am and I wanted to check out their little souvie shop.

Much to my surprise - the place was packed with burger chomping tourists - 10:30am!!
Just in time to get your first sodium injected (1440mg), fat-packed (230g) 1645 calories of the day! Yes, I only go once per trip :)
That combination of dietary distress is double double burger, fries, and a choc shake.

If that's not enough for you, you can get a Quad burger with 4 cheese slices, and your fries covered in goo like the photo above.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17258 posts
1633 upvotes
Space for rent
Psychopathetic wrote:
Mar 16th, 2018 2:30 pm
Just a note - I was in Vegas last September at their (In-n-Out) primary location of I-15 and W Tropicana.
I wasn't there to eat though, it was 10:30am and I wanted to check out their little souvie shop.

Much to my surprise - the place was packed with burger chomping tourists - 10:30am!!
Just in time to get your first sodium injected (1440mg), fat-packed (230g) 1645 calories of the day! Yes, I only go once per trip :)
That combination of dietary distress is double double burger, fries, and a choc shake.

If that's not enough for you, you can get a Quad burger with 4 cheese slices, and your fries covered in goo like the photo above.
What the hell do you eat for the other 364 days of the year? Steamed broccoli and quinoa? Lol

Actually the thought of some steamed probably lightly seasoned with salt and pepper with some carrots and brown rice sounds delectable right about now. Just the thought of a burger with grease running down the side of you cheek and glistening on the double chin is enough to stop your damn heart in its tracks.

Queue animation of a heart missing a beat followed by the sound of misfiring engine and resumption faint beating, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6742 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 2:23 am
What the hell do you eat for the other 364 days of the year? Steamed broccoli and quinoa? Lol
If you eat healthy more often than not, indulging in a greasy fast food meal on occasion is not a big deal and you'll feel fine. Everything in moderation my dude
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17258 posts
1633 upvotes
Space for rent
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 2:58 pm
If you eat healthy more often than not, indulging in a greasy fast food meal on occasion is not a big deal and you'll feel fine. Everything in moderation my dude
I can only speak for myself and going from past experience moderation has never really worked out too well. My track record shows either you do it with complete commitment or you don't bother. I have tried half assing it but it's like the yo-yo effect with me.

Whatever works, right? I'm bulking on a&w right now. Next week its cutting time lol.
Dec 5, 2005
928 posts
177 upvotes
YYC
Psychopathetic wrote:
Just in time to get your first sodium injected (1440mg), fat-packed (230g) 1645 calories of the day!
What in the blue blazes had 230g of fat?

From their 2017 nutrition PDF: a regular Double Double has 41g. FF have 18g. And the shake has 29g.

The magic of them preparing everything fresh when you order is three magic words: "no salt please". You can get fries and the burger without salt. And if you skip the cheese or swap the bun for the lettuce wrap you'd lose 50% of the sodium. Also requesting no spread helps calorie-wise too.

I personally wouldn't bother with a shake as that's not what they're known-for.

There is no other low-priced alternative chain that offers better fresh-made fast food in the western States than In-N-Out.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8509 posts
1169 upvotes
Victoria
I've only had it a few times. The first time in Vegas about 5 years ago, where one of the friends I was with was obsessed with it. It was pretty damn good. Had it again when my wife and I were on San Francisco a few years ago.

Unfortunately the closest one to here is in Southern Oregon, so the only way I'll ever get to eat it is if I'm holiday somewhere that was one :(
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5663 posts
1498 upvotes
Montreal
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:31 pm
There's also one just off the strip in Vegas a block or so from Excalibur and New York. That was the first location I ever had it a couple years ago and it was good but the ones around Cali were better in my experience. I think that Vegas strip location was just too packed and busy to have the same quality.
Kab wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:36 pm
Can't wait for Vegas in a few months. In-N-Out may be my first stop after checking into the hotel :D
ReeGee wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:48 pm
If you plan on walking to the one across the freeway from Excalibur/New York let me save you from the struggle I went through and let you know that you can only cross the freeway on the Excalibur side. What a mission it was getting there when we didn't know that the first time smh
There's actually one on the Strip at Linq now!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6742 posts
2849 upvotes
Toronto
psyko514 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 1:54 pm
There's actually one on the Strip at Linq now!
Looking to go to Vegas in May so good to know!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11902 posts
1695 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
shikotee wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:35 am

I had no idea that it is presently owned by a 35 year old. Crazy.
LOL, how is it "crazy"?? The girl is the granddaughter of the original founders Harry and Esther Snyder. Not like she busted her balls from nothing to super success story. She inherited the business. Nepotism, point blank. That's how wealthy people stay wealthy - keep it in the family.

Lynsi Lavelle Snyder-Ellingson
[removed]
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2125 posts
746 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 1:05 am
LOL, how is it "crazy"?? The girl is the granddaughter of the original founders Harry and Esther Snyder. Not like she busted her balls from nothing to super success story. She inherited the business. Nepotism, point blank. That's how wealthy people stay wealthy - keep it in the family.

Lynsi Lavelle Snyder-Ellingson
[removed]
The crazy comment was more an exclamation of surprise, and less a doubt of possibility.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7646 posts
4573 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote:

go to Vegas once every year or two... that place is super packed, i usually go to more quieter locations a little off the strip... trust me you spend 45-1hour at the tropicana location but no more than 5 mins at the other locations, still saves time lol
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2293 posts
1494 upvotes
How does In and Out compare to Shake Shack?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14223 posts
1089 upvotes
I've had Five Guys, In and Out, Shake Shack and Whataburger, I personally prefer Shake Shack out of all 4, but In and Out is good too with lots of off menu options.
ilove wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 1:23 am
Please don't compare to Shake Shack or anything else that costs 3x as much. In N Out is great and it's cost is roughly similar to McD's in the US...The question then becomes why would anyone eat McD's when In N Out is available?
That's the comparison though anywhere you see that is comparing because until recently there was no city in the US that has all 3 (or 4) of the top regional burger places. It's not a cost comparison, it's regional pride.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6603 posts
3760 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
pongster wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 12:06 pm
I've heard Shake Shack is better (I haven't had the opportunity to try it).
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4249 posts
1654 upvotes
pongster wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 12:06 pm
Shake Shack is about 1.5 times more expensive, and the portions are quite small. For the record I don't consider In N Out portions to be huge or anything either, but I remember my $15 USD combo at Shake Shack leaving me less than full.

Shakes: both were good
Fries: Shake Shack was better. The processed cheese on top was very good
burgers: quality-wise, about the same. Taste wise I don't recall one being superior over another.
price: In N Out trumps by a mile

I still prefer Five Guys ;-)