• Jan 24th, 2013 6:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 22, 2012
717 posts
177 upvotes

NA Auto Hunters - SCAM

Yesterday, I posted my car up on autotrader & kijiji and today I received a call from lady named Jessica. She works for NA auto hunters. She desperately wanted a $500 deposit over the phone. I took down her contact number and informed her I will contact her back in an hour. She called me back again after 45 minutes. She was impatient. I told her I found a buyer in the last 45 minutes. I personally believe they are a SCAM and she is making phone calls from her basement.

Another auto marketing Scam, just a heads up :)
2 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10017 posts
1372 upvotes
Toronto
These are all over the place and nothing new.

When I was selling my BMW I had one of these and said no thanks

From that point on anyone that called I asked first "are you working for a reseller" etc. One time this woman said no, after a half hour of questions she said she worked for x company and wanted $500 to sell it for me.

By the time the phone call was done I'm pretty sure she either quit doing that or was crying a lot because I reamed her out pretty bad. My argument was that you lied to me saying you weren't a reseller why should I trust that you would resell my car or anything like that
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1860 posts
368 upvotes
Vancouver
That's why you don't put up your phone number, and make people email you. Easier to get rid of idiots on email.