• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2019 11:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 26, 2012
588 posts
770 upvotes

Name Display/Caller ID on the iPhone

Hey! So my dad got an iPhone with Freedom and he's switching from Fido so he's missing the Name Display. I know Rogers (and bell now?) Are the only two in Canada with this feature, but has anyone else managed to get one of those caller id apps like Hiya on the iPhone? TrueCaller appears to only work on TrueCaller calls (using the app). I'm on my Note8 with Freedom and I get the caller information via Hiya apparently
7 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16979 posts
3845 upvotes
Toronto
Name Display is nice, and is one reason I am on Fido, but FWIW, if you already have the number on the iPhone in the Contacts, it will display the name.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16979 posts
3845 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:20 pm
Bell, Koodo, Public, TELUS, Virgin all support it now. Probably Lucky too. Unlike Fido/Rogers who want extra money for it, it is included in all of their current plans.
Well, with Fido/Rogers, if you pay for the Name Display package for $7, you also get Voicemail to Text (or iPhone Visual Voicemail). I think the others usually charge $5-$6 for that feature.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2176 posts
741 upvotes
Mississauga
EugW wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:36 pm
Well, with Fido/Rogers, if you pay for the Name Display package for $7, you also get Voicemail to Text (or iPhone Visual Voicemail). I think the others usually charge $5-$6 for that feature.
Koodo charges $2 for iPhone visual voicemail.

edit: Looks like Koodo has changed the charge to $5 for new additions.
[OP]
Oct 26, 2012
588 posts
770 upvotes
Damn so there isn't like how Hiya is integrated on Samsung phones?
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1716 posts
1275 upvotes
Bay Area
EugW wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:36 pm
bubuski wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:13 pm

Koodo charges $2 for iPhone visual voicemail.

edit: Looks like Koodo has changed the charge to $5 for new additions.
Jesus Canadian carriers really do like to nickel and dime you for every tiny little thing. Name display+VM should be a standard part of any plan. Face With Rolling Eyes
fatcowxlive wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:21 pm
Damn so there isn't like how Hiya is integrated on Samsung phones?
To be fair this seems to only apply on newer Samsung phones. My Note 9 has it but my S7 doesn't.
[OP]
Oct 26, 2012
588 posts
770 upvotes
arkane wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:25 pm
Jesus Canadian carriers really do like to nickel and dime you for every tiny little thing. Name display+VM should be a standard part of any plan. Face With Rolling Eyes

To be fair this seems to only apply on newer Samsung phones. My Note 9 has it but my S7 doesn't.
It debuted on the international S7 model IIRC so it hasn't been that new. But I thought that was the whole point of Callkit or whatever the apple lingo was for the Phone SDK.