• Mar 23rd, 2018 10:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
9 posts
Toronto

Is the name good or not?

Hi~
I'm running a home staging business, and I registered my business name as Chic Dwelling Studio. I'm not sure if the name is good or bad, cz I'm not good at English:( Does the word "chic" give a sense of "cheap"?
Thank you very much!
24 replies
Jul 19, 2010
20 posts
7 upvotes
The name is a bit of a hot mess, but there is nothing grammatically incorrect with the word chic. The name is very generic, and doesn't really scream "staging".
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1104 posts
144 upvotes
Markham, ON
What's with the double thread chicdwelling?
Nov 29, 2017
901 posts
661 upvotes
If you are female would your clients refer to you as “chick”? How about “stage right” or “prop you up”?
Jan 8, 2015
113 posts
55 upvotes
York, ON
I personally think the name is too long, and if there is any room for people to mispronounce your name, they will. Dwelling isn't a popular word, I would use a synonym for that word of something a bit more mainstream and familiar to the tongue.
Also, You may want to stay away from dwelling since it may limit your future. Dwelling is typically used for residential, you would cause some confusion if you were to expand to commercial staging for instance.
how about:
class staging
class studio
vogue staging
stage modish

play around with these, hopefully it lights a spark somewhere and goodluck :)
A little trick I like to add when naming my entities, is to add a personal touch to it, I find a reason of why I want to start my business or something that is dear to me and incorporate that into the name to make it unique.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10405 posts
1172 upvotes
In today's business world you have to completely misspell the name... and add an "R" to the end for no reason.

Sheekr Staging
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
9 posts
Toronto
Thank you all soooo much!
I see the mess now. No wonder the domain is so easy to register!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28300 posts
3830 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I would make it a little more obscure. Use your initials and a word like studios after it. This way you can be a home stager and an interior designer.

Chic usually implies fashion or make up.
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
9 posts
Toronto
I recently hired someone make a few names for me. Then I picked out 6 names. What do you think of them?

1) Enchant Home Staging / Home Enchant / Enchant Home Design
(Why it's "enchant"? Isn't it "Enchanting"?)

2) Staging Whisperer
(I like the movie horse whisperer, but not sure about the word "whisperer". Sometimes it has negative meaning, isn't it? )

3) Perfection Highlights
(Just not indicate my staging business)

4) The Real Estate Groomer

5) Showstopper Home Staging / Showstopper Homes
(a little bit too long)

6) Sizzling Hot Homes

Tons of thanks!!!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10885 posts
2362 upvotes
GTA
ChicDwelling wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2018 12:26 am
I recently hired someone make a few names for me. Then I picked out 6 names. What do you think of them?

1) Enchant Home Staging / Home Enchant / Enchant Home Design
(Why it's "enchant"? Isn't it "Enchanting"?)

2) Staging Whisperer
(I like the movie horse whisperer, but not sure about the word "whisperer". Sometimes it has negative meaning, isn't it? )

3) Perfection Highlights
(Just not indicate my staging business)

4) The Real Estate Groomer

5) Showstopper Home Staging / Showstopper Homes
(a little bit too long)

6) Sizzling Hot Homes

Tons of thanks!!!
Hope you didn't pay them much, some of those are awful. #4 is about the only one that's decent IMO.

Keep it simple. The results of your work is more important than a name. I'd go with something along the lines of what Gee said above, like RS Staging etc.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 13, 2017
12 posts
7 upvotes
Consider are couple things are you looking to create a brand "Chic" or just have a business name for your single business offering?

If you're planning on expanding your business proposition than perhaps a more branded name would suit you better. However if you're looking just to articulate what your business does I'd recommend a name that tells me about what you do in a couple words
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
9 posts
Toronto
I really don't have any sense about English. Could you please give me a clue why those names are messy?