• Feb 18th, 2018 5:43 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
4 posts
Toronto

Is the name good or not?

Hi~
I'm running a home staging business, and I registered my business name as Chic Dwelling Studio. I'm not sure if the name is good or bad, cz I'm not good at English:( Does the word "chic" give a sense of "cheap"?
Thank you very much!
7 replies
Jul 19, 2010
19 posts
6 upvotes
The name is a bit of a hot mess, but there is nothing grammatically incorrect with the word chic. The name is very generic, and doesn't really scream "staging".
Aug 15, 2015
708 posts
86 upvotes
Markham, ON
What's with the double thread chicdwelling?
Nov 29, 2017
383 posts
235 upvotes
If you are female would your clients refer to you as “chick”? How about “stage right” or “prop you up”?
Jan 8, 2015
94 posts
41 upvotes
York, ON
I personally think the name is too long, and if there is any room for people to mispronounce your name, they will. Dwelling isn't a popular word, I would use a synonym for that word of something a bit more mainstream and familiar to the tongue.
Also, You may want to stay away from dwelling since it may limit your future. Dwelling is typically used for residential, you would cause some confusion if you were to expand to commercial staging for instance.
how about:
class staging
class studio
vogue staging
stage modish

play around with these, hopefully it lights a spark somewhere and goodluck :)
A little trick I like to add when naming my entities, is to add a personal touch to it, I find a reason of why I want to start my business or something that is dear to me and incorporate that into the name to make it unique.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10032 posts
977 upvotes
In today's business world you have to completely misspell the name... and add an "R" to the end for no reason.

Sheekr Staging
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
4 posts
Toronto
Thank you all soooo much!
I see the mess now. No wonder the domain is so easy to register!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
26984 posts
3295 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I would make it a little more obscure. Use your initials and a word like studios after it. This way you can be a home stager and an interior designer.

Chic usually implies fashion or make up.