• Mar 23rd, 2018 10:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
9 posts
Toronto
elliotwhyte wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 4:37 pm
Consider are couple things are you looking to create a brand "Chic" or just have a business name for your single business offering?

If you're planning on expanding your business proposition than perhaps a more branded name would suit you better. However if you're looking just to articulate what your business does I'd recommend a name that tells me about what you do in a couple words
I don't really have to follow "chic", especially when someone told me "chic" can be pronounced as "chick".
Oct 14, 2012
562 posts
279 upvotes
Woodstock
If your main purpose is staging homes for sale, I would try to avoid things like "chic"' because the people hiring you don't want a decorator. They want to make a lot of money selling their home quickly.

Did you check whether things like Stage2SellHigh or Stage2SellFast are available domains?
or
iStagetoSellHigh? etc

It's tricky picking a name; I hope you find one you like soon.
Dec 23, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
I like shorter names because i always find websites with long domain names look cheap.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1030 posts
124 upvotes
Markham, ON
I guess you are keeping the chic name? Since you already paid for the registration and cannot think of a new name yet?

I agree with all other posters. I don't like those other suggested names.

Somebody also said that people are looking for fast business so I don't think they care about your business name. Maybe it's more important to establish why your service may be of any assistance to whoever you are providing your business for.
Dec 23, 2017
17 posts
6 upvotes
I don't think it's that expensive to change a business name. The brand name you use also does not need to be the registered business name.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2518 posts
650 upvotes
Newmarket
ChicDwelling wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:00 am
Hi~
I'm running a home staging business, and I registered my business name as Chic Dwelling Studio. I'm not sure if the name is good or bad, cz I'm not good at English:( Does the word "chic" give a sense of "cheap"?
Thank you very much!
I have no issue with the work chic, I would rather not use dwelling.
Perhaps Chic Staging Studio, or Chic Staging Designs
[OP]
Jan 18, 2018
9 posts
Toronto
Thank you all! I finally take one of you guys' suggestion, use my initial name. Now I decided to use "Yan Staging Inc.". Yan is my given name. Is there anything uncomfortable regarding this name?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2518 posts
650 upvotes
Newmarket
ChicDwelling wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 3:41 pm
Thank you all! I finally take one of you guys' suggestion, use my initial name. Now I decided to use "Yan Staging Inc.". Yan is my given name. Is there anything uncomfortable regarding this name?
Is your business incorporated?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2592 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
ChicDwelling wrote:
Mar 17th, 2018 3:41 pm
Yan is my given name. Is there anything uncomfortable regarding this name?
Your name made me immediately think of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang
Essentially you are taking something ugly and making it look nice.
You've got a readily recognized logo (the taichi) that can be easily tweaked to personalize it. For example a couple of Y's or intertwined hands holding a house and office building.