• Oct 9th, 2019 10:51 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3699 posts
1019 upvotes
Ottawa

[Napa Auto Parts] Seafoam Motor Treatment $7.49

I've had quite a bit of success with this product in the past. For others who like to use it, this is the best price I've seen for quite a long while from a mainstream chain retailer.
Last edited by dirtmover on Oct 4th, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18824 posts
6841 upvotes
Toronto
This is a good price. I do need to get a bottle as I am running low. Thanks OP.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Mar 8, 2015
446 posts
1289 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Awesome price, I will buy couple for future, Have used it in past on my Motorcycle and truck with exceptional results, Thanks OP .
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2347 posts
291 upvotes
that's a great price, i get mine from Canadian Tire for $12.99
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1831 posts
312 upvotes
Hamilton
Dunno
Years ago, used it on a Durango and poured it into the intake and it smoked black, like Willy Nelson and ended up getting better gas mileage. Hehehe

I picked up 2 today, fir my one ice vehicle.
l42boz wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 10:39 pm
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5506 posts
1658 upvotes
Space
Sea foam is good shit. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just diluted gasoline lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2807 posts
753 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Loaded up on a recent deal then did my research on the product. Conclusion: I was a fool to fall for the promotion and black smoke.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3699 posts
1019 upvotes
Ottawa
Marzipan wrote:
Oct 5th, 2019 1:03 am
Loaded up on a recent deal then did my research on the product. Conclusion: I was a fool to fall for the promotion and black smoke.
It's basically a solvent/cleaner and does some things quite well. A single application a couple of hundred km prior to an oil change completely eliminated a loud hydraulic tappet tick. Of course, YMMV. Some of the uses and claims are dubious and I wouldn't expect miracles on engine that is otherwise running fine. I was using it in small engines for a while and felt it was causing more problems than it was solving.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1019 posts
701 upvotes
HAMILTON
Cold weather coming so I top up the gas weedeater, generator, lawn tractor and any other gas driven tools with it. Pretty well guarantees and easy start when nice weather hits again.

Used it for years and find it very effective.

Thanks OP will pick up a couple more.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2807 posts
753 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
dirtmover wrote:
Oct 5th, 2019 9:45 am
It's basically a solvent/cleaner and does some things quite well. A single application a couple of hundred km prior to an oil change completely eliminated a loud hydraulic tappet tick. Of course, YMMV. Some of the uses and claims are dubious and I wouldn't expect miracles on engine that is otherwise running fine. I was using it in small engines for a while and felt it was causing more problems than it was solving.
Impossible that an additive can eliminate a noisy tappet .... or?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3699 posts
1019 upvotes
Ottawa
Marzipan wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 9:13 pm
Impossible that an additive can eliminate a noisy tappet .... or?
Why not? They contain moving parts, very small oil passages and a tiny check valve all of which can get clogged resulting in the tappets becoming squishy. It's not too far fetched to assume that deposits and sludge could be displaced with some sort of solvent.

I'm open to it being a coincidence but in this case the ticking disappeared completely soon after putting 1/2 cup (7%) of Seafoam in the crankcase. BTW, the oil was also significantly darker about 300km later when it was drained so it had picked up additional dirt from somewhere.