2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

National - AIRMILES SHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs WUS $ 100 or more in one transaction @ select Stores (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 4:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9887 posts
7175 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

National - AIRMILES SHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs WUS $ 100 or more in one transaction @ select Stores (March 21st thru April 25th)

OFFER

50 Bonus AirMiles @ AIRMILES SHOPS.CA When You Spend $ 100 or more in a single transaction at participating on line stores ... March 21st thru April 25th

FINE PRINT

>>> AIRMILES SHOPS.CA Shopping Portal must be signed onto BEFORE making any purchases, in order to qualify.

TOTAL AMOUNT IS BEFORE ... Shipping, Duties & Taxes

NOT VALID FOR = eHarmony - WealthSimple - WeightWatchers - and any Travel related AMShops Affiliates (Travel Bookings, Car Rentals or Hotel Stays).

For FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS see the Offer on the website = www.airmilesmegamiles.ca
Last edited by PointsHubby on Mar 21st, 2019 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
89 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9887 posts
7175 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
For TIPS & TRICKS

* AIRMILES SHOPS.CA Shopping Portal must be signed onto BEFORE making any purchases, in order to qualify.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7104 posts
3294 upvotes
Kootenays
There was some confusion in the previous thread about whether amazon.ca was included in this offer. In the BC printed flyer, amazon is one of the featured partners, along with Hudson's Bay and Dyson right on the front of the coupon.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9887 posts
7175 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
smacd wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 7:35 pm
There was some confusion in the previous thread about whether amazon.ca was included in this offer. In the BC printed flyer, amazon is one of the featured partners, along with Hudson's Bay and Dyson right on the front of the coupon.
Agree

I have listed above what the EXCLUSIONS are in the OP above

The info is in the Offers on the website
People just are not READING
May 19, 2009
376 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
Link for full list: https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/directory

Has anyone done eBay for their airmilesshop.ca offer before?

I have done it before with the back-to-school one and I didn't get the AMs posted (I bought like 5 different things from 5 different sellers to meet the min purchase amount). I assumed it was because they were from different sellers and it probably didn't count, but since eBay was my spare so I just left it. Since the airmilesshop.ca offer requires $100+ purchase, does it mean it'd probably take a $100+ one-item purchase for it to actually count? Just curious what people's past experience is with eBay via airmilesshop.ca. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1250 posts
1212 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just a friendly reminder that Indigo gift card purchase still qualifies for this offer.
Aug 20, 2003
435 posts
247 upvotes
Markham
Can anyone confirm if amazon gift cards would qualify for this offer?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2758 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
No, I'm pretty sure amazon GCs don't qualify.
Voted RFD Most Helpful/Knowledgeable User in 2008

SDM mini-FAQ
*GCs don't count as a purchase for SDM promotions.
*The maximtum you can redeem at once is $500.
*For best value, get points with SDM promos, spend them at grocery stores.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2181 posts
1197 upvotes
Prince George
Reminder that Amazon likes to split orders into multiple transactions, for reasons known only to them. So if you’re buying more than one item to reach $100, with no single item priced over $100, be prepared to contact AirMiles later to fix it. I haven’t heard of anyone being denied, but many have had to contact chat and provide evidence that it was in fact one single order.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2254 posts
744 upvotes
North York
Does airmiles let you know that their tracking worked and you are getting miles from them from using their portal?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2758 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
quazy wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 6:17 am
Does airmiles let you know that their tracking worked and you are getting miles from them from using their portal?
No, you just have to watch the airmiles site at your profile-> view transactions to see when the miles are posted. It won't say which order the miles come from, but it will say what retailer it's from. The regular miles on a purchase post before too long. Any bonus miles take longer.

SDM mini-FAQ
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2254 posts
744 upvotes
North York
Anyone know how they calculate that it was over 100 dollars at Amazon? I bought the fire 10 tablet so my subtotal was 109.99 but amazon applied a 10 dollar gift card they gave me (mikasa debacle) so I only was billed 114.23 which is 99.99 and the taxes. I would think they award cash back based on the subtotal?

Also I noticed airmiles site says kindles are not eligible. I don't see kindle anywhere on the Amazon page for the tablet so I hope no issue there.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2758 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
quazy wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 9:54 am
Anyone know how they calculate that it was over 100 dollars at Amazon? I bought the fire 10 tablet so my subtotal was 109.99 but amazon applied a 10 dollar gift card they gave me (mikasa debacle) so I only was billed 114.23 which is 99.99 and the taxes. I would think they award cash back based on the subtotal?

Also I noticed airmiles site says kindles are not eligible. I don't see kindle anywhere on the Amazon page for the tablet so I hope no issue there.
The Amazon purchase total will be based upon the sub-total, before taxes and shipping. The gift card should not be an issue, because it's just part of the payment. They may only award you 4 airmiles instead of 5, because of a known glitch--chat with them for the extra mile. It won't interfere with your eligibility for the offer.

I had not heard of kindles not being eligible, but fear not, the fire 10 is NOT a kindle. The kindles are e-readers (which I love, personally), while the fire is a tablet.

SDM mini-FAQ
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1555 posts
126 upvotes
If something costs $100 on ebay, and you have a 10% off coupon, would this still count as a $100+ purchase which would count towards one of the MEGA partners?

Or would it not cost as it essentially now only cots $90? What $ value do you check out during checkout to make sure it counts for MEGA?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2758 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
reggyDeal wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 3:47 pm
If something costs $100 on ebay, and you have a 10% off coupon, would this still count as a $100+ purchase which would count towards one of the MEGA partners?

Or would it not cost as it essentially now only cots $90? What $ value do you check out during checkout to make sure it counts for MEGA?
I'm not sure if it would count, but I wouldn't count on it.

SDM mini-FAQ