2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

National - AIRMILESSHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs WUS $100 or more in a single transaction (Nov 14th to Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 10:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11123 posts
8334 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mikka2017 wrote: does anyone know if u buy from ebay, from 5 different sellers but the final total was over 100$ that counts as one purchase over 100$ right? i want to qualify for the shopairmiles offer....i looked at my paypal transaction and its split into 5 different small payments... i hope i get that offer.... i didn't want to buy one item from one seller over 100$, it was too difficult lol
@mikka2017
Read my Reply # 89 above to @modano9 and their concerns with Amazon
Your situation is quite similar
Member
May 19, 2009
483 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver
Curious, anyone tried using ticketmaster via airmilesshop? They have a bunch of weird conditions...
You do not get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on the following:

Pre-sale tickets
Any tickets purchased within the first 24 hours following a public on-sale
Transactions completed by the same Collector over a cap of 5 transactions per calendar month
Transactions where gift certificates are used
iTunes downloads
Taxes and facility, parking and similar fees
Note: Must adhere to Ticketmaster ticket limits posted on Ticketmaster.com
I'm planning to buy ticket to a concert next year in April and it doesn't specify that they are pre-sale tickets. Would they count for STB? I don't mind if I don't get the few airmiles for the ticket itself but I do want it to count as STB...

Also, since the ticket is listed as Standard Ticket
CA $115.65 ea
(CA $95.00 + CA $20.65 fees, including taxes

Would STB count it as a $100+ purchase since the total with fees is over $100, or would they only count the ticket itself which is $95?
Member
Aug 12, 2006
359 posts
128 upvotes
10X the miles sitewide on airmilesshops for today only!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11123 posts
8334 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@networksend POST RELOCATED by Points Hubby - December 17th
Moved to be in the correct thread for Questions on the AirMiles Shops.ca STB Offer

Whereas the STICKY ... STB 2019 - DEPARTURE LOUNGE is as it states ... a place to CHECK IN & hang out with other RFDers doing STB 2019
(Example ... “I got 5 Offers done, hoping to get # 6 and # 7 done this weekend” )
networksend wrote: How do we know the airmilesshops purchase registered? There is no record of shopping trips on that site or on my air miles account. Pretty shady system

I don’t get why their whole system takes so long. Is someone manually checking every purchase before giving miles?

Why not just add a placeholder system showing “pending miles” it would be so much simpler than trying to guess if your purchase worked
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11123 posts
8334 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
networksend wrote: How do we know the airmilesshops purchase registered? There is no record of shopping trips on that site or on my air miles account. Pretty shady system

I don’t get why their whole system takes so long. Is someone manually checking every purchase before giving miles?

Why not just add a placeholder system showing “pending miles” it would be so much simpler than trying to guess if your purchase worked
AirMiles Shops.ca is a Shopping Portal
And it works much like a Coupon Clearing House does
Just gathering data that is submitted to it from a variety of Retailers

It’s not a shady system ...
Just not a regular Retailer / Online Merchant

It is what it is

Most of us have learned over the years to make use of the website in a very precise way ... for best results
Including Quick & Accurate POSTING of Miles

Read thru the TIPS & TRICKS found at Reply # 2 in this thread

Including keeping copies of Receipts & Screen Shots

As well take a look at my Reply # 37 of November 29th
It explains how AMShops Reporting Schedule / POSTING Cycle works

Additionally, most of us RFDers who are avid AMs Fans keep notes on what Miles we are due ... from whom, when, and the earliest date we can report them missing if need be

Helpful during BIG BONUS Events ... but works all year round if you are continually scoring Bonus Miles during Various Promos & Events
Sr. Member
Feb 1, 2018
921 posts
972 upvotes
Montréal
As of today (Dec 17th), has anyone gotten the 50 BAMs posted for this offer yet? Or is the general conclusion that these will post later?
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2015
673 posts
440 upvotes
Durham Region
PointsHubby wrote: AirMiles Shops.ca is a Shopping Portal
And it works much like a Coupon Clearing House does
Just gathering data that is submitted to it from a variety of Retailers

It’s not a shady system ...
Just not a regular Retailer / Online Merchant

It is what it is

Most of us have learned over the years to make use of the website in a very precise way ... for best results
Including Quick & Accurate POSTING of Miles

Read thru the TIPS & TRICKS found at Reply # 2 in this thread

Including keeping copies of Receipts & Screen Shots

As well take a look at my Reply # 37 of November 29th
It explains how AMShops Reporting Schedule / POSTING Cycle works

Additionally, most of us RFDers who are avid AMs Fans keep notes on what Miles we are due ... from whom, when, and the earliest date we can report them missing if need be

Helpful during BIG BONUS Events ... but works all year round if you are continually scoring Bonus Miles during Various Promos & Events

Ok its not a "shady system", just an archaic and not user friendly one. why does it take up to 120 days to see air miles?? is someone manually checking every transaction????


for instance:
rakuten/ebates - records your shopping trips/transactions so you can trace it back easy if there is a problem
pc optimum - all purchases are tracked and can send inquiries if missing points
airmilesshops - no record of any kind whatsoever

even miles when you shop at other air miles retailers usually post within couple of days (LCBO, lowes, etc)
Newbie
Oct 31, 2019
57 posts
29 upvotes
seriesofcontradictions wrote: As of today (Dec 17th), has anyone gotten the 50 BAMs posted for this offer yet? Or is the general conclusion that these will post later?
I haven't, and haven't received miles from Apple and eBay either. (Also haven't gotten BAM from Shell pay at pump and survey although regular miles have been posted)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4424 posts
2066 upvotes
me too, I bought a big item from ebay on Good Friday weekend which supposed to get me > 1000AM (with 20x). Today not a single mile has posted yet and that is also one of my 7 offers. Really frustrated with AMS on how they have no click history like any other site (Rakuten, GCR, etc)
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11123 posts
8334 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
seriesofcontradictions wrote: As of today (Dec 17th), has anyone gotten the 50 BAMs posted for this offer yet? Or is the general conclusion that these will post later?
AIRMILES SHOPS.CA - 50 BAMs for their STB 2019 Offer

In past BIG BONUS Events AMShops always has POSTED their STB Offer Bonus (50 BAMs) in a BATCH POST after the promotion is over

MegaMiles 2019 ended on April 25, 2019

And the MMs 2019 AMShops 50 BAMs began to show up on May 16th
3 Weeks from the end date

I expect STB 2019 will be similar
Start looking for the 50 BAMs starting Mid January

That said, MMs 2019 AMShops BAMs POSTING mid May was extremely quick based on previous BIG BONUS Events
Often the BAMs from AMShops for their Bonus + PARTNER COUNT
Are among the very last to POST
Not unusual for that to happen after the 60 Day Mark ... or even later

Guess we’ll just have to wait & see
Newbie
Jun 7, 2019
7 posts
4 upvotes
I have not received the 50 BAMs for Shop the Block. I have however received my regular and 20x AM for shopping with Eddie Bauer through AirMiles shops. I have not received any miles yet for shopping with Roots and DSW, through AirMiles shops, and all 3 purchases were made around the same time. I expect the 50 BAM to show up only once.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 13, 2004
1741 posts
306 upvotes
It appears that when Amazon.ca splits your order into multiple shipments you can lose AMs because it is 1/$20 spent.
My order was for 135.22 (before tax) so I should have received 6AMs and 6BAMs for the 2x promo.
The order was split into 3 shipments:
1. $11.77 - 0AMs
2. $99.91 - 4AMs and 4BAMs
3. $23.54 - 1AM and 1BAM

Not the end of the world but I lost 1AM and 1BAM (would be more significant for those who did the 20x promo)...I'm also certain that I will not get the 50BAMs for spending over $100 nor have it count for one of the partner offers. I guess I will have to build my case for 2-3 months down the road.
Sword of Omens....Give me deals beyond deals!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4424 posts
2066 upvotes
My ebay purchase during BF weekend finally posted though they were a little bit less than I expected. But I am really happy as that one I forgot and had my ad-blocker on. So all 3 AMS purchases for 3 accounts are now posted, only waiting for 50BAM which I shouldn't see any problem. My Amazon purchase was also messed up due to splitting, so I lost 25AM. At least one part was still over $100 so I was ok for STB. I am not sure if I want to chase the missing 25AM (due to 25x) or not.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
None of my airmileshsop.ca purchases are posted correctly, also missing the 50 bonus ams. Here's one ex: amazon purchase Total $109 before tax, reported as 1 base mile and 1 bonus mile, even though I received my items all together in one package the very next day. I was also supposed to get 3x ams.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11123 posts
8334 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FoMoHotDeals wrote: None of my airmileshsop.ca purchases are posted correctly, also missing the 50 bonus ams. Here's one ex: amazon purchase Total $109 before tax, reported as 1 base mile and 1 bonus mile, even though I received my items all together in one package the very next day. I was also supposed to get 3x ams.
So by my calculations ...

You are out 13 Miles altogether on this Amazon purchase

$ 100 = 5 Base Miles (1 AM / $ 20 Spent) = MISSING 4 Base Miles
And @ 3x Bonus = 10 BAMs = MISSING 9 BAMs

PLUS... the 50 STB AMShops Bonus
But ... Nothing new on that front
Those BAMs won’t POST until after STB is well over

Best bet ... hold onto your receipts & screen shots
Just incase you need them as proof

And many of us long term Collectors keep notes / spreadsheet to keep track of what’s POSTED / PENDING / MISSING
Very helpful during BIG BONUS Events like STB
When so much can be happening in the same timeframe

Top