• Feb 27th, 2010 9:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1966 posts
139 upvotes
Kitchener
I have not been looking at mortgage numbers for a while (since I signed with CTF) but the other day I noticed two companies in my area advertising 2.0% variable rates. My rate is currently 2.25%. I am sure you might be able to squeeze out a hair more with a bit of work and searching. Perhaps 1.8-1.9%

Ours is not the same variable mortgage but similar in some ways. Has anyone contemplated taking the gift card and switching to another lender. One that has a slightly lower rate?

Or do you guys feel the extra .25% is worth the added flexibility the account offers?
Aug 11, 2008
131 posts
ON
Double_J wrote:
Dec 28th, 2009 12:35 am
I have not been looking at mortgage numbers for a while (since I signed with CTF) but the other day I noticed two companies in my area advertising 2.0% variable rates. My rate is currently 2.25%. I am sure you might be able to squeeze out a hair more with a bit of work and searching. Perhaps 1.8-1.9%

Ours is not the same variable mortgage but similar in some ways. Has anyone contemplated taking the gift card and switching to another lender. One that has a slightly lower rate?

Or do you guys feel the extra .25% is worth the added flexibility the account offers?
You are comparing apples to oranges.

When I took out my One & Only account at prime, I could have had their variable rate mortgage at prime minus 0.90%, but a regular mortgage isn't what I wanted. I like the flexibility of the One account and don't mind paying a bit more to get it.

That's my opinion though, perhaps yours is different.
Jan 5, 2009
16 posts
Ottawa
I just wonder how I can transfer money from other bank to my National Bank one and only account. We used to do so in CT, becasue CT provide a service to link an external account. How I can do so in National Bank in the furture? :confused:
Dec 25, 2002
640 posts
204 upvotes
Just as a bit of a followup to this thread. Today I recieved my $450 gift card from National Bank/Canadian Tire as promised. It came by Express Post and they delivered it to my door because a signature was required.

The switchover was completely painfree and I actually am liking National Bank better than Canadian Tire. The $450 is a really nice bonus :)

Kelly
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1305 posts
408 upvotes
kellya wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 10:20 am
Just as a bit of a followup to this thread. Today I recieved my $450 gift card from National Bank/Canadian Tire as promised. It came by Express Post and they delivered it to my door because a signature was required.

The switchover was completely painfree and I actually am liking National Bank better than Canadian Tire. The $450 is a really nice bonus :)

Kelly
Haven't received mine yet, but in general I do like their online setup much more than Canadian Tire. More than TD even.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1966 posts
139 upvotes
Kitchener
Mine arrived as well.

I had a small issue when transferring my information over. Long story short I got double charged for my property tax.