Expired Hot Deals

[National Bank] National Bank of Canada - Get up to $350 bonus cash (NO PAYROLL CHANGE REQUIRED!!!)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 8:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3316 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
EmmEmm wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 12:17 am
yes they asked and I didnt have any but then I used my charm and that was it !!
Do you know the name of the rep who helped you?
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
Nov 27, 2013
34 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I wanted to open professional acc. but I couldn't choose no fee CC,it had to be one of those with an annual fee.Is that true?I couldn't find it anywhere saying that but she showed me on her screen.
Jun 10, 2016
61 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
ar2020 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:40 am
Do you know the name of the rep who helped you?
i think he went out of the way there to help me.. so disclosing his name in a public forum for his nice gesture that may affect him professionally is something I would refrain.. sorry for that though !!
Feb 3, 2014
180 posts
204 upvotes
Thanks OP.

Opened account. Smooth and flawless process. Average financial advisor, great tellers and an amazing manager.
Completed process - In and Out - 35 minutes!

I was advised that promotional amount will be deposited prior to Feb 2018.
Mar 2, 2016
99 posts
50 upvotes
If anyone is looking for a branch with friendly and effective customer service - 1590 Avenue Road. Took about 45 minutes to open checking+savings+credit card and was the only place where they (finally!) valued my time and were actually apologetic for being a couple of minutes late with my appointment.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7520 posts
1300 upvotes
I guess in order to get this started I need to wait until Tuesday to make an appointment with a branch financial service guy? Their 1800 number seems it's useless in this regard.

Also, is National Bank Financial the same thing? I have a few in my area according to google, but the location found via nbc website is quite far away and don't include these.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1806 posts
550 upvotes
Winnipeg
Shield204 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 9:43 pm
  1. Went in the Winnipeg branch today and was told that they will not give me a client/debit card nor will I have access to online banking until I have my payroll set up with them... WTF. I didn't argue... will just get my payroll set up there... but I have never heard of any financial institution with such a policy. For now if I want to do anything I have to do it in branch...pretty inconvenient since my work overlaps with their business hours. Can't even do online stuff!
  2. Whole sign up process took over an hour and was not very smooth at all. There was lots of off topic nosy questions that I was not engaging with yet the rep kept pushing... I've signed up at many different financial institutions and this was by far the most uncomfortable and drawn out process yet for me.
Well this is disappointing...but I am still going to try later this week
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1806 posts
550 upvotes
Winnipeg
bookmate wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 8:40 pm
Oh my god. I got a HARD credit check from National Bank, even if I didn't open the credit card with them!!!!
Was that on Equifax or Transunion? Which one had the Hard Hit?
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1813 posts
1052 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pyro wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:11 am
+1 can anyone confirm what counts as a transaction for the chequing and HISA

If you guys are having trouble getting the correct deal, the Richmond Hill location is relatively hassle free. You have to make an appointment but the staff there knows whats up. The rep even asked me "Are you going to actually use this account or you are just opening it for the promo?"
So they know exactly what to do
Same experience, although I didn't make an appointment. The rep was like, did you open the CIBC and TD accounts for their promo too?

Then we discussed a bit of cc churning Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6732 posts
284 upvotes
York
How does one sign up for online banking and ebilling? Just by creating a password to login online + selecting ebilling during online sign up?
Aug 29, 2017
32 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg
Shawguy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 12:57 am
Well this is disappointing...but I am still going to try later this week
I really hope you have a better experience! We only have one branch option in Winnipeg... seems like there ARE some good locations across Canada lol.

Please let me know how your experience goes!
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29070 posts
994 upvotes
Fernando Po
Crappy interest rates make up for the $50.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Oct 25, 2005
162 posts
Toronto
Opened the complete package at the Bathurst and Wilson branch in Toronto, on Saturday Sept 2nd, manager Christine and staff were great, look forward to a great banking relationship with such good leadership, sign up bonus an added perk.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1402 posts
201 upvotes
Mississauga
Any recommendations for a NBC branch in Brampton/Mississauga area where I can open an account with ease without experiencing the crappy service that others have gone thru here?