2019 Air Miles Mega Miles

National - BMO AMs MC - 100 BAMs WU Spend $ 250 at PARTICIPATING Partners (March 21st thru April 25th)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 11:57 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
User445316 wrote: Fasttrack is a different promotion. It's not part of Mega Miles.
thanks. realized it didnt count pharmasave because of the email that tracks the spending.
i think the tracking is coded to find the keywords, "shell", etc. which the pharmasave did not have...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
I've just received an email from BMO regarding this Mega miles promo. The good news is that it's confirming that I've opted in. The bad news is that I thought I was done with the $250 spending. But the amount they show as my current total spent is slightly under $250, because they didn't include a purchase I made at Rexall from a couple of weeks ago. Yet the same Rexall had a purchase a couple of days prior, which IS included in the total.

I believe this one purchase at Rexall that did not count was because I didn't bother to show / scan my Air Miles number, because I didn't think it would matter since I wouldn't be earning any points from this purchase (< $5).

I don't see any wording in the T&Cs that mention that you HAVE to scan your Air Miles number to make it a qualifying purchase, or am I missing it? Anyone?
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
I got a similar email saying I have spent $182. I am close to $300 in spending at sponsors, so I think they are just a bit behind. I’m not worried.
Jun 22, 2017
81 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Trophy23 wrote: I got a similar email saying I have spent $182. I am close to $300 in spending at sponsors, so I think they are just a bit behind. I’m not worried.
How did you guys get emails from BMO telling you how much you spent?
Did you email support?

I spent $300 by April 14 and still haven't gotten by BAM and would like to know how much spend they have registered so far... still have a few days to purchase more if it's needed.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Tdotdealhunter wrote: How did you guys get emails from BMO telling you how much you spent?
Did you email support?

I spent $300 by April 14 and still haven't gotten by BAM and would like to know how much spend they have registered so far... still have a few days to purchase more if it's needed.
I didn't get any emails so far, and have spent $260. As long as the transactions were for the partners shown in the 'Participating...' link on the coupon, I would not be worried. No one has reported 100 BAM posted since March 29, I think
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Tdotdealhunter wrote: How did you guys get emails from BMO telling you how much you spent?
Did you email support?

I too got an Email, telling me that I had OPTED IN to this BMO MMs 2019 Offer
And how much I had credited towards the needed $ 250 with Participating AMs Partners
(As of April 8th ... lol and no I too don’t believe the number reported was correct either)

The email came from AirMiles directly (not BMO)

If you’re AirMiles Account is set as OK TO EMAIL
You’ll get lots of info from AMs regularly
Including some personalized offers (even more if you are Gold or Onyx)

There is an ongoing offer of 25 BAMs for signing up for emails

Here’s the link
https://optin.airmiles.ca/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Trophy23 wrote: I got a similar email saying I have spent $182. I am close to $300 in spending at sponsors, so I think they are just a bit behind. I’m not worried.
But in my case the one unaccounted for transaction is from weeks ago, yet they’ve included my more recent transactions.

I think @PointsHubby is on the right track though with his comment that the email is from Air Miles, not BMO! So perhaps they didn’t add in my missing transaction because I did NOT bother to scan my Air Miles number for this one small purchase at Rexall.

Just to be safe, today I was passing by a Shell so I decided to squirt in a couple more dollars of gas at Shell AND scanned my Air Miles number.
Did you email support?

Going out on a limb here, but I did opt-in a few extra times AFTER the notification came out to advise us to re-opt-in again. I think the emails may be related to this action, as confirmation to people that all is good, and that our BMO MC’s are now truly registered. I’ve RE-opted-in once more. Maybe I’ll get another email later this week. :D
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
akaManny wrote: I didn't get any emails so far, and have spent $260. As long as the transactions were for the partners shown in the 'Participating...' link on the coupon, I would not be worried. No one has reported 100 BAM posted since March 29, I think
Same here
Lucky Mobile | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: I've just received an email from BMO regarding this Mega miles promo. The good news is that it's confirming that I've opted in. The bad news is that I thought I was done with the $250 spending. But the amount they show as my current total spent is slightly under $250, because they didn't include a purchase I made at Rexall from a couple of weeks ago. Yet the same Rexall had a purchase a couple of days prior, which IS included in the total.

I believe this one purchase at Rexall that did not count was because I didn't bother to show / scan my Air Miles number, because I didn't think it would matter since I wouldn't be earning any points from this purchase (< $5).

I don't see any wording in the T&Cs that mention that you HAVE to scan your Air Miles number to make it a qualifying purchase, or am I missing it? Anyone?
Did the cc transaction bill report it as "rexall"? I too missed some transactions with pharmasave bacause it did not have the word "pharmasave" on the bill. Thats prolly why.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Seanne wrote: Did the cc transaction bill report it as "rexall"? I too missed some transactions with pharmasave bacause it did not have the word "pharmasave" on the bill. Thats prolly why.
My small purchase (did not scan my Air Miles number) at Rexall DOES show up as “Rexall” in my BMO MC statement, but it was not added into the total that the email from Air Miles had reported.

So I’m surmising that Air Miles is just basing that reported “quick” total from only the purchases where I actually scanned my Air Miles number. They’re not actually contacting BMO for the finalized totals till after this promo has completed, so I’m not worried about that incorrect value in the email.

In your case if it didn’t code in as Pharmasave on your CC transaction then I would be a bit concerned. What is it referring to if not Pharmasave?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: My small purchase (did not scan my Air Miles number) at Rexall DOES show up as “Rexall” in my BMO MC statement, but it was not added into the total that the email from Air Miles had reported.

So I’m surmising that Air Miles is just basing that reported “quick” total from only the purchases where I actually scanned my Air Miles number. They’re not actually contacting BMO for the finalized totals till after this promo has completed, so I’m not worried about that incorrect value in the email.

In your case if it didn’t code in as Pharmasave on your CC transaction then I would be a bit concerned. What is it referring to if not Pharmasave?
It used the store's name with a "wellness center" and i did scan my AM and even got my bonus miles for pharmasave. I guess ill have to do some shell purchases then up to 250$.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Seanne wrote: It used the store's name with a "wellness center" and i did scan my AM and even got my bonus miles for pharmasave. I guess ill have to do some shell purchases then up to 250$.
I suggest that you do your BMO CC purchase today, in case there are some "last day of promotion" issues.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
Seanne wrote: It used the store's name with a "wellness center" and i did scan my AM and even got my bonus miles for pharmasave. I guess ill have to do some shell purchases then up to 250$.
If you received bonus miles from that purchase then I think you’ll be fine. But if you don’t want to be surprised then sure, then I think you should go ahead and do some more spending with your BMO MC. Shell gas gift cards will help ease your worries. :lol:
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
I spent over $250 all at partners. My statement has posted for April now and still no MM BAM.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1275 posts
641 upvotes
My BMO MC statement date was yesterday and the Airmiles for purchases were posted yesterday as well, but as you stated, no bonus miles from the Megamiles promo posted as of yet.
But according to the fineprint, "Miles will be deposited by June 30, 2019." So a bit of patience is in order.

I personally wouldn't worry about it - one way or the the other, it will post and promo for Megamiles will be rewarded. Worse comes to worst, a chat with Airmiles agents will remedy the situation once the Megamiles bonuses are actually posted.
Trophy23 wrote: I spent over $250 all at partners. My statement has posted for April now and still no MM BAM.
Nov 9, 2013
759 posts
288 upvotes
Vancouver
theshowman wrote: My BMO MC statement date was yesterday and the Airmiles for purchases were posted yesterday as well, but as you stated, no bonus miles from the Megamiles promo posted as of yet.
But according to the fineprint, "Miles will be deposited by June 30, 2019." So a bit of patience is in order.

I personally wouldn't worry about it - one way or the the other, it will post and promo for Megamiles will be rewarded. Worse comes to worst, a chat with Airmiles agents will remedy the situation once the Megamiles bonuses are actually posted.
Im not worried about it, just pointing out that I still haven’t received the BAM. Without reading back through, Im pretty sure some folks said they got theirs already earlier in the thread. I figured it would post around the statement date.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
100 BAM just posted to my account with today's date:
BMO MEGA MILES 2019 +100
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2005
2775 posts
1634 upvotes
SW Ontario
akaManny wrote: 100 BAM just posted to my account with today's date:
BMO MEGA MILES 2019 +100
got mine too!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Mine as well
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1784 posts
652 upvotes
St. John's
Also Got them today. Sobeys BMO card and had to re-opt in. Did Staples.CA for it on the first day of the promo. Thought for sure I'd have to chase these (as I usually have to with BMO), but pleasantly surprised :)