2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

National (Except BC/YT/TBay/QC) - SOBEYS - 5x AMs WUS $ 50+ in store (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 6:34 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 11, 2008
486 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
So, I did the shopping, the products are $50.95 (before tax), use the STB coupon (5x miles w/$50 or more) and the newsletter sign up coupon ($5 off w/$40 or more), the breakdown of the receipt as follows:

Grocery
Marketing Promo 6 $0.00
Marketing Promo 3 $0.00
Product $.x.xx
Coupons
Vendor Coupon -$x.xx (I used $35.98 vendor coupons, mostly are FPC)

Receipt Coupon Printed - Tell Customer (I got a print out coupon, which is $5 off w/$50 or more between Dec 19-24, 2019)
1 AM FOR EVERY $20 2 Miles
Shop the Block 8 Miles
Welcome Offer -$5.00

Subtotal $9.97
Total Tax $0.00

The Mfg coupons and Sobeys welcome coupon are treated as payment, and the welcome coupon and the STB offer can be combined but YMMV, the cashier got the manager's approval before she scanned it.

Also, the family size Kellogg’s cereals are on sale at $4.99 till Jan 8 per the tag, you can buy two and get $5 prepaid card back:
https://www.kelloggsgrocerycash.ca/

If you buy 3, you can get 30 Bonus Miles too, not bad considering the third pack almost free per the Mile value, but remember you can get only one $5 prepaid card on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2067 upvotes
I just received an email that they missed me so 10% off my $25 or more purchase. So with $5 coupon, 10% off, now I need to buy $61 to be qualified for STB?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11124 posts
8337 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: I just received an email that they missed me so 10% off my $25 or more purchase. So with $5 coupon, 10% off, now I need to buy $61 to be qualified for STB?
YMMV when it comes to using additional coupons

As per the T&Cs ... from the fine print
AIR MILES® Cash redemptions qualify towards this offer's purchase requirement.
Limit of one offer per Collector Number.
Coupon and AIR MILES® Card must be presented at time of purchase.
This AIR MILES® offer CANNOT BE COMBINED with any other discount offer or AIR MILES® coupon offer, including Customer Appreciation Day.
See store for complete details.
Sometimes. Collectors THINK they got all the promotions cuz the Cashier took & scanned the coupons
Or punched in the Codes
Then the PLU / SKU # shows up on the receipt
Maybe ... even ALL these various Miles & BAMs print out on the bottom

BUT ... that doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone will see all the various offers ACTUALLY STACK

There is a POSTING CYCLE ... and this gives Retailers the opportunity to review transactions

Sometimes stuff goes thru to POST all these various offers
Sometimes it doesnt
If it ends up it doesn’t
Retailers like Sobey’s Group will just quote you back the STB Offer’s T&Cs

Personally I don’t risk my STB Offers in this way
I WANT & NEED the STB Offers to go thru the first time ... painless & hassle free
My whole aim is that
Get the BIG BONUS Miles in one shot
And not be dealing with returning to the store for a Redo
Or chasing down missing miles & partner counts
With the Retailer
Or worse yet AirMiles 120 Days later
Honestly I got better things planned for the end of April 2020
(Lol like concentrating on MegaMiles by then)

ALSO ... as this is a ONE TIME per Collector Number situation
I definitely want to follow the rules to the letter
Cuz you never know if the Retailers System is recording your AMs #
You get it wrong, and you may not even get another kick at the can
Even if you did it all right the second time
The system might just IGNORE that additional transaction
(This is how the SHELL Offer works ... Maximum 20 BAMs per Collector = 4 Transactions ... make a 5th, and it will ignore you)

Again, I don’t leave anything to chance
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2067 upvotes
coupon mentioned AM redemption is accepted. Does it mean I can redeem parts of my $50+ purchase and still qualify for STB?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2488 posts
1202 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: coupon mentioned AM redemption is accepted. Does it mean I can redeem parts of my $50+ purchase and still qualify for STB?
Probably, Yes, but personally I never take a chance on this. I prefer to pay with a cash back credit card or use gift cards that recently came with a bonus. I redeem only if there are BAM, 25, 50, etc., which happen regularly with Sobeys and Metro.
Dec 8, 2008
227 posts
200 upvotes
Winnipeg
mkl38s wrote: coupon mentioned AM redemption is accepted. Does it mean I can redeem parts of my $50+ purchase and still qualify for STB?
Yes, I did it. No problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2067 upvotes
I did Sobeys yesterday for offer 7th on my last 2 accounts. Funny thing was after the first purchase and they scanned my printed STB coupon, when I tried to use the coupon again for my second card, Sale clerk said once you scan it, you need to wait a week. I said but it's the same code for everyone and this will be for different account. The clerk next to her also charmed in and confirmed I need to use a different coupon (?). Anyhow, she grabbed a pamphlet and scanned the coupon in there. Yes both receipts showed STB but I still don't believe what they said though it was nice of her to use a different coupon to make sure it works for me. Anyhow, I am all done now so will wait for Feb deposits of 1200AM :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11124 posts
8337 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote: I did Sobeys yesterday for offer 7th on my last 2 accounts. Funny thing was after the first purchase and they scanned my printed STB coupon, when I tried to use the coupon again for my second card, Sale clerk said once you scan it, you need to wait a week. I said but it's the same code for everyone and this will be for different account. The clerk next to her also charmed in and confirmed I need to use a different coupon (?). Anyhow, she grabbed a pamphlet and scanned the coupon in there. Yes both receipts showed STB but I still don't believe what they said though it was nice of her to use a different coupon to make sure it works for me. Anyhow, I am all done now so will wait for Feb deposits of 1200AM :)
Lol ... one word
POPPYCOCK

Exactly why the info on RFD and this SUB FORUM is invaluable
Lots of times the Retailers / AMs PARTNERS Cashiers DONT HAVE A CLUE how a promotion works

YOU however did fine
Congrats on # 7 (and on 2 Accounts)
Let the Wait Begin
(Best Guess Scenario ... BIG BONUS BAMs to POST around Valentines Day ❤️ )
Nov 5, 2018
79 posts
80 upvotes
I did my Sobey's offer on the 24th, but it posted on the 28th. The additional points for the offer shows, so I hope it goes through without any issues.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1242 posts
998 upvotes
Winnipeg
Catenary wrote: I did my Sobey's offer on the 24th, but it posted on the 28th. The additional points for the offer shows, so I hope it goes through without any issues.
Hopefully. But hang on to your receipt (all your STB receipts actually) just in case it doesn't.
If your full bonus points aren't awarded automatically, you can do a live chat with AirMiles and they'll fix it up quickly. They'll just ask you the dates and $ amounts for each offer you did. Super easy.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2007
2530 posts
956 upvotes
Ottawa
Catenary wrote: I did my Sobey's offer on the 24th, but it posted on the 28th. The additional points for the offer shows, so I hope it goes through without any issues.
Same thing happened to me, made the purchase on Dec 23, but posted on Dec 28, now I am worried it didn't count because the posted date passed Dec 27.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2067 upvotes
Me too. I did 2 accounts on Dec 22 and both posted dated Dec 28