2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

National - HUDSONS BAY / HBC REWARDS - 30 BAMs for Auto Convert to AMs Registration (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 9:32 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

National - HUDSONS BAY / HBC REWARDS - 30 BAMs for Auto Convert to AMs Registration (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

30 Bonus AirMiles when you Register to Auto Convert HBC REWARDS POINTS to AirMiles weekly ... November 14th thru December 27th, 2019

FINE PRINT

>>> REFER TO THE AMs STB WEBSITE = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/
TO SEE COMPLETE DETAILS ON THE OFFER AND THE URL FOR REGISTRATION
.
.
.
THREAD CREATED FROM THE COUPON BOOK
AND VERIFIED WITH THE STB WEBSITE
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 14th, 2019 2:21 am, edited 8 times in total.
22 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
FOR TIPS & TRICKS
Newbie
Nov 26, 2017
2 posts
Anyone know if this offer requires you to actually convert points? Or do you simply need to register to qualify? Thanks
Jr. Member
Dec 14, 2017
100 posts
132 upvotes
faisca wrote: Anyone know if this offer requires you to actually convert points? Or do you simply need to register to qualify? Thanks
OFFER states REGISTER TO CONVERT. Nothing about actually converting.
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2007
641 posts
212 upvotes
Winnipeg
I believe when you register, that automatically enrolls you in converting the points which is a bad trade off (at least for cash AM)

5000 HBC points = $25 Bay Gift Card

40 HBC points --> 1 air mile, so 5000 HBC points = 125 air miles (equivalent cash value of $13.15)
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2018
960 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
silverjelly wrote: I believe when you register, that automatically enrolls you in converting the points which is a bad trade off (at least for cash AM)

5000 HBC points = $25 Bay Gift Card

40 HBC points --> 1 air mile, so 5000 HBC points = 125 air miles (equivalent cash value of $13.15)
Yes - which is why you should create a new account with dummy details, and just cut up the card when you get it lo.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
faisca wrote: Anyone know if this offer requires you to actually convert points? Or do you simply need to register to qualify? Thanks
wazzie19 wrote: OFFER states REGISTER TO CONVERT. Nothing about actually converting.
This Offer is all about Registering for HBC Rewards & Auto Converting those Reward Points into AirMiles
The Conversion Rate is
40 HBC Reward Points = 1 AirMile

The sign up is worth 30 BAMs

Those will come thru via the HBC Rewards Auto Convert System

So first you’ll be credited 1200 HBC Rewards Points ... and then about 2 weeks afterwards, those HBC Rewards will Auto Convert into AirMiles and Get POSTED in your AirMiles Account as 30 BAMs from HUDSONS BAY / HBC REWARDS

Auto Convert will continue to Convert ANY HBC Rewards Points one has (now or in the future) into AirMiles on a regular basis any time there are 40 or mote HBC Reward Points in the account... until such time as one takes a STOP CONVERTING action.

So ya, if one has already HBC Rewards Points in their HBC Rewards Account ... anything there more than 40 Points will also Auto Convert along with the aforementioned 1200 Points = 30 BAMS

If one signs up / Registers for this Offer
Member
May 19, 2009
490 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
If you have opt'ed in before (shop the block last year), would opting in again this year count?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4458 posts
2087 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote: If you have opt'ed in before (shop the block last year), would opting in again this year count?
No. Since the last Megamiles event, they stopped awarding people who had opted in previously. Even if they give you the miles, AM reps mentioned they won't count it again as an offer since they can see your transaction history
Newbie
Oct 12, 2013
28 posts
3 upvotes
Guelph
I have an HBC reward card that I haven't used in probably 7? 10? years... in fact I think it's linked to the club Z points (that's how old!)
anyhow, I plugged in the number and it says I have 0 points. I registered to convert to AM... it says it completed successfully.
will I get an email confirmation?
how do I know this 'worked' and will count as one of my 7 partners?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sdunndufault wrote: I have an HBC reward card that I haven't used in probably 7? 10? years... in fact I think it's linked to the club Z points (that's how old!)
anyhow, I plugged in the number and it says I have 0 points. I registered to convert to AM... it says it completed successfully.
will I get an email confirmation?
how do I know this 'worked' and will count as one of my 7 partners?
This can be a “finicky” Offer
But if you follow the steps, it can also be an easy one to achieve for the needed PARTNER COUNT

You need to start at the STB Website
Find the HUDSONS BAY Offer
And follow the HOW TO USE directions
Then the portal (says CLUCK HERE) to get to HBC REWARDS website
And fill out the form

If you’ve not had an active HBC REWARDS Account since Zeddy was a Teddy Bear
Then you may have to start by creating a NEW HBC REWARDS Account

From the pg that the portal took you to
Look down the left side for
ENROLL
Click on that
Create a NEW Account & check the box for AMs Auto Convert when you fill out the Enrollment Form

Best to also take screen shots
And record your HBC REWARDS # assigned until they send you a card (or you can print off a temporary one)

Actually ...
I personally think the NEW HBC REWARDS Account is the easiest way to go
(One stop shopping)
Vs folks who try to use this AMs Offer after they already have a HBC REWARDS Account

In about 2 weeks time you’ll see your HBC REWARDS Account get a bunch of points
40 HBC Rewards Points = 1 AirMile
So the BONUS here is advertised as 30 AMs ... so that is equal to 1200 HBC Rewards Points
Then about 2 weeks after that
Those HBC Points will Auto Convert to AMs and be POSTED to your AMs Account

It may be possible that your owed bonus will come in one go ... 1200 HBC Rewards Points
Or it might arrive in 2 or 3 batches, before Auto Converting

Auto Convert will stay in place on your account as long as you don’t change it
Best to leave it be until at least after everything owed is POSTED to your AMs Account
Newbie
Oct 12, 2013
28 posts
3 upvotes
Guelph
PointsHubby wrote: Look down the left side for
ENROLL
Click on that
Create a NEW Account & check the box for AMs Auto Convert when you fill out the Enrollment
ugg. I noticed afterwards there seemed to be 2 options. I just filled out the form, which was option 2
now I see (like you said) there is a different 'enroll' hyperlink in the option 1 paragraph

I wonder if I can still enroll in that one? (now that I signed up for the option 2)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sdunndufault wrote: ugg. I noticed afterwards there seemed to be 2 options. I just filled out the form, which was option 2
now I see (like you said) there is a different 'enroll' hyperlink in the option 1 paragraph

I wonder if I can still enroll in that one? (now that I signed up for the option 2)
The AirMiles STB Challenge is merely to register for Auto Convert
This gives one the HUDSONS BAY / HBC Rewards PARTNER COUNT

So one can do that by establishing a brand NEW HBC Rewards Account ... and checking the Auto Convert Box
Or
If one already has a HBC Rewards Account, by signing up for Auto Convert

For the latter, one needs to know their HBC Rewards #

So if you sign up for a NEW Account ... but missed the Auto Convert Box
You can always do it a few days later ... once you know what your HBC Rewards # is
Newbie
Aug 17, 2008
51 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
How long do the HBC 30 air miles usually take to post?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11210 posts
8440 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pererac wrote: How long do the HBC 30 air miles usually take to post?
Up to a month

The HBC Rewards Points will appear first = 1200
At about the 2 week mark in your HBC Rewards Account
Then they’ll Auto Convert to POSTED AirMiles = 30

Top