2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

National - HUDSONS BAY / HBC REWARDS - 30 BAMs for Auto Convert to AMs Registration (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2020 9:32 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11213 posts
8441 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@rage2021 POST RELOCATED by Points Hubby - December 17th
Moved to be in the correct thread for HUDSON BAY / HBC REWARDS questions on STB 2019 Offer
rage2021 wrote: anyone get the hudson bay points conversion posted?
Member
User avatar
Jun 29, 2006
376 posts
30 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: anyone get the hudson bay points conversion posted?
I did, I got one posted on December 4th from Hudson Bay called "welcome bonus" for 30 points. I signed up maybe November 20th or so?

EDITED FOR CLARITY by Points Hubby - December 18th
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2006
2842 posts
806 upvotes
Ontario
I guess my spouse and I won't be getting repeat STB bonuses for HBC Rewards.

We previously got this bonus in previous Big Bonus events.

I thought that maybe by making a new HBC Rewards account and linking my usual Airmiles account that would do the trick.

Since we haven't seen any BAM from HBC Rewards I guess it's not happening.

Interesting because we did get the 100 BAM from Samsung Pay by doing something similar: registering a different email acct and connecting the same AM acct.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1355 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto, ON
A new family account did not get the hbc am either. I think that the system is just not working well. Going to have to call in for this.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11213 posts
8441 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
minimalist wrote: I guess my spouse and I won't be getting repeat STB bonuses for HBC Rewards.

We previously got this bonus in previous Big Bonus events.

I thought that maybe by making a new HBC Rewards account and linking my usual Airmiles account that would do the trick.

Since we haven't seen any BAM from HBC Rewards I guess it's not happening.

Interesting because we did get the 100 BAM from Samsung Pay by doing something similar: registering a different email acct and connecting the same AM acct.
dotsandpixels wrote: A new family account did not get the hbc am either. I think that the system is just not working well. Going to have to call in for this.
System glitch ... or just a cleaning up of how this Offer actually works ?

HBC began to close the REPEAT Promo loophole back with STB 2018
And they seem to managed a complete shut out by MMs 2019
All they had to do to enforce the ONCE PER AMs COLLECTOR NUMBER
Was to record the Collector Numbers who had already claimed this BONUS

As to others not getting the Promo BONUS

Past history shows that most of the time it’s those that didn’t use the AMs Website Portal (in this case STB 2019)
To make the Offer valid
Those that use the Portal ... get quick & correct POSTING RESULTS

Those that go to the HBC Website directly on their own
Get mixed results .... leading most often to A FAIL with NO BAMs / PARTNER COUNT

An AMs Collector I was coaching during STB 2019
Followed the instuctions to the tee
And they got their BAMs POSTED around the 2-1/2 week mark from the time they did so

No fuss, no muss. No follow up required
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2006
2842 posts
806 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote: System glitch ... or just a cleaning up of how this Offer actually works ?

HBC began to close the REPEAT Promo loophole back with STB 2018
And they seem to managed a complete shut out by MMs 2019
All they had to do to enforce the ONCE PER AMs COLLECTOR NUMBER
Was to record the Collector Numbers who had already claimed this BONUS

As to others not getting the Promo BONUS

Past history shows that most of the time it’s those that didn’t use the AMs Website Portal (in this case STB 2019)
To make the Offer valid
Those that use the Portal ... get quick & correct POSTING RESULTS

Those that go to the HBC Website directly on their own
Get mixed results .... leading most often to A FAIL with NO BAMs / PARTNER COUNT

An AMs Collector I was coaching during STB 2019
Followed the instuctions to the tee
And they got their BAMs POSTED around the 2-1/2 week mark from the time they did so


No fuss, no muss. No follow up required
Repeat HBC or first timer?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11213 posts
8441 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
minimalist wrote: Repeat HBC or first timer?

Followed the offer to a tee:
OFFER:
BONUS MILES @ HUDSON’S BAY
When you convert your Hudson’s Bay Rewards points to Miles2
HOW TO USE / CLICK HERE —-> PORTAL to HBC REWARDS Website

OFFER CODE = 6146

FINE PRINT:
** Offer valid November 14 to December 27, 2019. The one-time auto-convert AIR MILES welcome bonus will be applied to your AIR MILES Collector Account within 6 weeks of signup. Hudson’s Bay Rewards points can be redeemed for Reward Miles at a rate of 40 Hudson’s Bay Rewards points to 1 Mile. Once you enroll, you can redeem the Hudson’s Bay Rewards points you earned at Hudson’s Bay, thebay.com for Reward Miles. You cannot, however, get Reward Miles by showing your AIR MILES Card at the point of sale. Some exceptions apply, including limitations with respect to points earned through our Hudson’s Bay Rewards partners. Visit http://www.hbc.com/hbcrewards/ for full details. Hudson’s Bay reserves the right to change terms of this offer. If the option for automatic weekly redemption is selected, any Hudson’s Bay Rewards points remaining at the end of each week that are not divisible by 40 will be carried forward to the next week.
®️™️ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Hudson’s Bay Company. All rights reserved. Hudson’s Bay, Hudson’s Bay Rewards, hbc.com and their associated designs are trademarks of Hudson’s Bay Company, used under license.

Partner Offer Valid Nov 14 - Dec 27, 2019.
AIR MILES Shop the Block Event Nov 14 - Dec 27, 2019
Think that would be pretty obvious ... as it’s a one-time offer
It was that person’s first time claiming it.

Trying to use it a second time was brought up on November 22nd in this thread ... and addressed accurately by @mkl38s.
The loophole has been closed as of MegaMiles 2019
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2018
960 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
Did this on a new and old card that already did it, only got the new card posted today (no surprises). I also did it on the last day.

Top