2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

National - RONA - 20 BAMs WUB 1 LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* adhesive (295 or 825 ml) instore/online (Nov 14th thru Nov 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8518 posts
6261 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Wow, now I know why I never shop at Rona.

When I presented coupon and AM card I was told they only scan AM card if purchase is over $10. What???

She then rolled her eyes, and told she'd do it "This time"....
She needs to enter the coupon code too. Did she do that?
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
kargesd wrote: I did the Lowes version of the PL Adhesive yesterday online and the AM showed up on my account a day later
Just wanted to double check, when you buy online on Lowes, there is no promo code to enter right? Just AirMiles card number?

For RONA the coupon code is 1058 right?

Another probably wishful thinking question: Would Lowes and RONA PM the Quebec CT? It's $5.79 there lol. If they won't, then I'll just order online so that I don't risk them running out.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/lepa ... 1068p.html

Thanks in advance!
Mar 30, 2017
326 posts
240 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote: Just wanted to double check, when you buy online on Lowes, there is no promo code to enter right? Just AirMiles card number?

For RONA the coupon code is 1058 right?

Another probably wishful thinking question: Would Lowes and RONA PM the Quebec CT? It's $5.79 there lol. If they won't, then I'll just order online so that I don't risk them running out.

Thanks in advance!
Correct no promo code for Lowes

I just made an account and added my AM card number to the account and bought the item
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
mkl38s wrote: She needs to enter the coupon code too. Did she do that?
Yeah. But she threw me off when she said I have to pay first before scanning AM card. Very strange...Tapped my CC then she scanned my AM and entered the coupon code. I see the AM # on receipt but no mention of BAM or promo code.
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
sherri-chan wrote: Another probably wishful thinking question: Would Lowes and RONA PM the Quebec CT? It's $5.79 there lol. If they won't, then I'll just order online so that I don't risk them running out.
Typically they'll PM "local" competitors. They did $5.79 in Ottawa, but hard to imagine much further. The PMing supermarkets here typically include QC.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10182 upvotes
Ontario
kiiaal wrote: 20 BAMs for my in-store Lowe’s purchase posted too.

Nothing for Rona yet but that’s not a concern as the 20 BAMs show on the receipt.
The Rona 20 BAMs has been posted. Transaction date Sat 11/16.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: The Rona 20 BAMs has been posted. Transaction date Sat 11/16.

Was your AM card scanned prior to completing payment? Or after payment was completed?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10182 upvotes
Ontario
Arrow wrote: Was your AM card scanned prior to completing payment? Or after payment was completed?
Everything was done prior to payment (scan AM card plus keying in of code). Payment is always very last.

Also, promo code 1058 and 20 AM are shown on the receipt.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Everything was done prior to payment (scan AM card plus keying in of code). Payment is always very last.

Also, promo code 1058 and 20 AM are shown on the receipt.
Good to know. Maybe they changed their systems. Last year, when I did the Rona offer, I had to complete payment first, then the AM card was put through after the sale was completed.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
Love you folks PMing over less than $2. Must be nice to have retiree levels of time on your hands to waste
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
Did the AM post for anyone yet? Particularly for those who ordered online and entered the code 1058 into the Promo Code box?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Love you folks PMing over less than $2. Must be nice to have retiree levels of time on your hands to waste
Actually $2.44 saving OTD at Lowes ($1.79 at Rona). Yeah, it is nice to have something productive to do while waiting for a call to pick up a family member (the alternative to paying $5.89 at Lowes was to pay $8.33 5min sooner and go spend 5min longer in the cold car).

It's also a matter of principle, if they made PM as easy as at RCSS or WM, the extra time would effectively be 0. IMHO, they make it harder so they can advertise "Price Match + 10%" while making it more effort than it's worth to most people. On principle I'm holding them to their policies.

=aw
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Arrow wrote: Did the AM post for anyone yet? Particularly for those who ordered online and entered the code 1058 into the Promo Code box?
When it comes to BIG BONUS Events, RONA tends to be one of those that does BATCH POSTING

So I would say it could be several weeks before you see any STB BAMs POSTED for the Offers you’ve done there
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
For those of you heading to LOWE'S on Nov 23...

I'm just going through their flyer right now to see if there is another $13 worth of things I could buy when I'm there tomorrow lol. I ordered the adhesive for pick up tomorrow already but I figured I'll just refund it on the spot lol if I do find $13 of stuff to buy. Winking Face

Edit: Nothing on the flyer is of interest (I do not know how to renovate or fix things in the house lol) so I guess I'll do a quick walk around tomorrow morning and see if anything catches my eyes. Any suggestions for $13?
Lowes.png
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sherri-chan wrote: For those of you heading to LOWE'S on Nov 23...

I'm just going through their flyer right now to see if there is another $13 worth of things I could buy when I'm there tomorrow lol. I ordered the adhesive for pick up tomorrow already but I figured I'll just refund it on the spot lol if I do find $13 of stuff to buy. Winking Face

Edit: Nothing on the flyer is of interest (I do not know how to renovate or fix things in the house lol) so I guess I'll do a quick walk around tomorrow morning and see if anything catches my eyes. Any suggestions for $13?

Lowes.png
Hard to beat the Deal Of The Week on Alaskan De-Icer
$ 10.49 for the jug
& then they give you a $ 10 Credit Coupon you can use on your next trip to Lowes
https://www.lowes.ca/

So effectively ... you get the De-Icer for $ 0.49

One jug per transaction

Now ya just got come up with something else worth $ 2.51
Lightbulbs ?
Everybody needs those
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote: Hard to beat the Deal Of The Week on Alaskan De-Icer
$ 10.49 for the jug
& then they give you a $ 10 Credit Coupon you can use on your next trip to Lowes

One jug per transaction

Lightbulbs ?
Everybody needs those
I feel bad to ask but are you referring to this? This and the smaller bottle is the only thing I see when I search "alaskan de-icer"
https://www.lowes.ca/product/ice-melt/a ... cer-580180

I'm indeed looking at the $3 LED light bulbs lol and jotted them down for tomorrow lol! Figured I could buy like 4 of them + the adhesive lol

Also contemplating about the $7 night light... https://www.lowes.ca/product/night-ligh ... off-671429

Edit: Nevermind, I see it now!

https://www.lowes.ca/product/ice-melt/a ... jug-274623

I live in Vancouver though so I don't think this would come in handy unfortunately... might take me 10 years to use them up Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
sherri-chan wrote: For those of you heading to LOWE'S on Nov 23...

Lowes.png
Got the adhesive 20 airmiles
Alaskan de ice free 10 coupon
First 100 customer 150 airmiles
Paid with free gift card I got from Lowe's last week
1 STB completed
Perfect deal!!

You won't see the 150 airmiles on the receipt. But there's a code they entered if you are first 100 customer on Sat
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10182 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote: Hard to beat the Deal Of The Week on Alaskan De-Icer
$ 10.49 for the jug

One jug per transaction

Lightbulbs ?
Everybody needs those
At Lowe’s, the $10 credit coupon I got from the Alaskan De-Icer purchase was a “photocopy” or a computer print out. Strange...anyone can photocopy this.

Is this what everyone got too? I was expecting it to be a printout on receipt paper like they do at Rona.
May 19, 2009
885 posts
1234 upvotes
Vancouver
I didn't end up getting the de-icer because the $10 coupon has a very short time frame for use (Nov 28 - Dec 4)... I'm leaving on vacation on Nov 27 Unamused Face
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10182 upvotes
Ontario
ricedion wrote: Got the adhesive 20 airmiles
Alaskan de ice free 10 coupon
First 100 customer 150 airmiles
Paid with free gift card I got from Lowe's last week
1 STB completed
Perfect deal!!

You won't see the 150 airmiles on the receipt. But there's a code they entered if you are first 100 customer on Sat
Can u post a pic of the front of the coupon? Just want to confirm what I got is the correct coupon.

I got what looks like a photocopy or a computer printout...which is strange.

Thanks!

813AF79C-6979-4ED7-BAC7-B54FF42CF28B.jpeg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)