Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

National Treasure 1&2 Blu-rays $10 each @ FS + 2 John Carter tickets + free Disney BD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2012 9:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR

[Future Shop] National Treasure 1&2 Blu-rays $10 each @ FS + 2 John Carter tickets + free Disney BD

Right now, there is a Disney promo where for every Magic Code of a qualified BD you enter, you get a free ticket to John Carter. National Treasure 1 and 2 are both eligible and are $10 this week at FS.

Disney Offer page

National Treasure

National Treasure 2

And this offer can be combined with the free BD (only pay $3.95 shipping) offer that Disney has going as well.

So, technically, it's $20 + taxes + $4 for the 2 National Treasure Blu's, 2 John Carter tickets and a free Disney Blu-ray.
87 replies
Nov 1, 2007
259 posts
32 upvotes
I had to read this a few times to make sure I'm seeing it right. This almost seems to good to be true... :D

Thanks OP!
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
467 upvotes
Jhoto wrote: This almost seems to good to be true... :D

Sure, but as punishment, you have to go see John Carter. :lol:
-
Waiting for something good
Jan 26, 2012
190 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks!!! Awesome!!! Thanked!!!

But... what does this mean?

"Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $8 US and up to $9 Canada) for these eligible titles: National Treasure DVD, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets DVD, Roving Mars DVD, Race To Witch Mountain DVD, The Rocketeer DVD."

I guess it wouldn't matter if you weren't buying DVDz.
Nov 30, 2009
292 posts
390 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
This seems like a really good deal, thanks OP.

Only question I have is, checking my local theater they're going to be showing John Carter and they have the "No Passes" designation next to it, so I'm concerned they would reject the free admission from this offer.
Sep 7, 2009
79 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
DaWinman wrote: Sure, but as punishment, you have to go see John Carter. :lol:

HAHAHAHA, +1

The trailer actually doesn't look too bad, but the name of the movie is just horrible............

-Panda
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
467 upvotes
Guy In A Bucket wrote: Only question I have is, checking my local theater they're going to be showing John Carter and they have the "No Passes" designation next to it, so I'm concerned they would reject the free admission from this offer.
Yes, you have to wait a few weeks to see the movie.
-
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11211 posts
10057 upvotes
Kootenays
Pandoriasung wrote: HAHAHAHA, +1

The trailer actually doesn't look too bad, but the name of the movie is just horrible............

-Panda
What else are they going to name a movie based on a franchise started in 1917 by Edgar Rice Burroughs?
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
So do you receive the free admissions as eCodes redeemable on Cineplex.com or similar?

Thanks, nice one, OP! Gonna run and grab these at lunch :D
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
DaWinman wrote: Yes, you have to wait a few weeks to see the movie.

So if it releases on March 9, we're probably talking around the 22nd or 23rd (i.e. after March Break)?
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR
No, the pass you get clearly states that it is valid even in theatres that say "no coupons, no passes." No waiting necessary. When you redeem the offer, you get a PDF file with the voucher for John Carter. Agreed, the movie looks like just another action movie, but hey, it's still a good deal and every now and then a brain-dead movie is good fun. Not a movie I'd ever own probably.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
These movies are also available for the same price at Walmart and RCSS if you can't make it to FS.

As for the movie pass, it's like the Muppets pass last fall. Go on Disney Rewards, print and bring to the theatre.
If you are lucky, the clerk at the theatre will give you the full amount of the coupon.
The Muppets one was "1 admission, up to $14 value". I had 3 and bought 4 passes for the family so he just took $14 off x 3, basically $42 off.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2008
1282 posts
314 upvotes
Ottawa
zanshadow wrote: Thanks!!! Awesome!!! Thanked!!!

"Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $8 US and up to $9 Canada) for these eligible titles: National Treasure DVD, National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets DVD, Roving Mars DVD, Race To Witch Mountain DVD, The Rocketeer DVD."

When I looked at the Disney site it said up to $12 US and $14 Canada.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zanshadow wrote: Thanks!!! Awesome!!! Thanked!!!

spensar wrote: When I looked at the Disney site it said up to $12 US and $14 Canada.

It depends on which title you purchase. In general (there's a couple of exceptions), the Blu-ray/DVD combo packs get you the full $14, whereas the DVD-only gets you the $9.
Dec 4, 2011
341 posts
364 upvotes
Guelph
smacd wrote: What else are they going to name a movie based on a franchise started in 1917 by Edgar Rice Burroughs?
+1

THANK YOU!!! Does nobody else know this?
May 14, 2008
479 posts
277 upvotes
AnnV11 wrote: +1

THANK YOU!!! Does nobody else know this?

Actually, everyone who doesn't know the origin of this series.
Never surf the web unarmed!
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2005
1674 posts
268 upvotes
Does all these movies have this 'magic code'? Or only specially marked one?
Feb 2, 2008
84 posts
20 upvotes
Prince Albert
Both NT 1 and NT 2 are sold out online at futureshop. As stated though you could pick up elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3332 posts
1540 upvotes
Vancouver
in case some people are iffy about this deal I can confirm that it works.

I had unused codes for both the national treasure movies and redeemed them a week ago.

Already have my john carter tickets printed out and my copy of pixar's "a bugs life" is in the mail

If you want more details regarding disney movie rewards there's already a thread here. merged-disney-movie-rewards-free-bonus- ... 802678/14/
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
467 upvotes
smacd wrote: What else are they going to name a movie based on a franchise started in 1917 by Edgar Rice Burroughs?
I think he was referring to the standard titles used (from the books) in describing the character as John Carter Warlord of Mars or John Carter of Mars.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 940%29.jpg[/IMG]

But obviously Disney doesn't want to play up the "living on Mars" angle, as that would make the movie seem every dumber that it already is. Even an ADD teenager knows that there are no alien races, proper atmosphere, topography, etc. as described in the novels. :facepalm: :facepalm:
-