2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

National - WEALTHSIMPLE - 500 BAMs WU Open & Fund a NEW WealthSimple Invest Account (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2020 6:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 18, 2012
16 posts
11 upvotes

National - WEALTHSIMPLE - 500 BAMs WU Open & Fund a NEW WealthSimple Invest Account (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

500 Bonus AirMiles @ WEALTHSIMPLE When You Open & Fund a NEW WealthSimple Invest Account with a MINIMUM $ 500 in the first 90 Days ... November 14th thru December 27th

COUPON STATUS - NO COUPON REQUIRED
BUT ... one must use the AirMiles STB Website LINKED PORTAL
Look for the Offer, and the HOW TO USE instructions.

FINE PRINT

>>> NEW CLIENTS ONLY
MINIMUM $ 500 Deposit within in 90 Days
Be it a one time deposit, or cumulative
Offer DOES NOT APPLY to WealthSimple Trade Accounts
One Offer per AirMiles Collector Account
OFFER DOES NOT STACK with other offers
Participants must keep a $ 500 Balance for 6 months minimum, or a $ 50 Penalty will be deducted from their final withdrawal amount
Full Terms & Conditions at https://www.wealthsimple.com/en-ca/legal/Terms
Bonus AirMiles will POST within 90 Days of the $ 500 Minimum Deposit being met

For more info
See the STB Website = https://shoptheblock.ca/en/home
And the Offer’s HOW TO USE Terms & Conditions for more info
THREAD CREATED FROM THE STB WEBSITE by PointsHubby

OP EDITED by @PointsHubby for positioning - December 5th
Also added the TIPS & TRICKS PLACE HOLDER as Reply # 3
15 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11137 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@Frazzz POST RELOCATED by PointsHubby - December 5th
Frazzz wrote:
How does WealthSimple get our AirMiles # ?

I set up a Wealthsimple account for my partner and initiated a $500 deposit, but they have not yet asked for an Airmiles number.

Does anyone know how\when that happens?
You will probably have a tough road ahead getting credit for this one ...
If at all.

Problem is you did not go thru the AirMiles Shop The Block Portal that comes Linked with this Offer
It’s the required tracker for this Offer / promo
See ... the AMs STB Official Website = https://shoptheblock.ca

Look at the WealthSimple Offer
HOW TO USE
And the required CLICK THRU
As well as the T&Cs for the offer

For best success in further endeavours, I suggest you start by reading the START HERE Stickie at the top of this RFD FORUM

It outlines how these actual AirMiles BIG BONUS Events work

It’s not just a case of knowing who is offering what when
You actually have to connect the dots in many cases thru coupons & portals etc

PS... I will go ahead and create a WealthSimple Thread now, so your post has a home base
And clearly defines the Offer for others
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11137 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
For TIPS & TRICKS
May 19, 2009
484 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver
Curious, is it easy to close account and take the money back after 6 months? I have never used this before.
[OP]
May 18, 2012
16 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks for the help!

I did actually use the link from Shop the Block, (https://www.wealthsimple.com/promo/shoptheblock) and ticked the authorization box when signing up.

Why I wondered is that other online offers, such as the survey site Rewarding Your Oponions, ask for your airmiles number when you sign up using the click through even though it looks like they use a unique link. http://www.rewardingyouropinions.ca/join?id=XXXXX

I guess it's embeded in a cookie? Thanks again.
Feb 21, 2015
76 posts
42 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
For those planning to do the Wealthsimple offer, I messaged them about the signup page since there wasn't anywhere to add your Airmiles number. Their response:
Thanks for reaching out here. Sorry for the confusion.

Our team is currently investigating this. On the sign-up page where it explains the promotion, there should have been a place to enter your Air Miles Collector Number.

We're working on updating this on the promotions landing page.
Its probably best to wait until that's ready before signing up.

For those that already did, you can contact support and provide them the air miles number there.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11137 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
biglazybug wrote: For those planning to do the Wealthsimple offer, I messaged them about the signup page since there wasn't anywhere to add your Airmiles number. Their response:

Its probably best to wait until that's ready before signing up.

For those that already did, you can contact support and provide them the air miles number there.
Sorry ...

Not fully following here.

If one does the offer thru the STB Website as prescribed:

www.shoptheblock.ca

And finds the Wealthsimple Offer...
And clicks on HOW TO USE this Offer
And then when the Coupon flips ... CLICK HERE
One goes thru the portal to the correct WealthSimple sign up page
https://my.wealthsimple.com/app/public/ ... cale=en-ca
(See the full URL for the portal showing up)
And lands on a page that asks for the required info to set up a NEW Account:
Email Address - Wealthsimple Password - AirMiles # - & Click to Accept T&Cs

It’s not complicated
It’s strictly a case of one following the STB’s Offer’s directions
Feb 21, 2015
76 posts
42 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
PointsHubby wrote: Sorry ...

Not fully following here.

If one does the offer thru the STB Website as prescribed:

www.shoptheblock.ca

And finds the Wealthsimple Offer...
And clicks on HOW TO USE this Offer
And then when the Coupon flips ... CLICK HERE
One goes thru the portal to the correct WealthSimple sign up page
https://my.wealthsimple.com/app/public/ ... cale=en-ca
(See the full URL for the portal showing up)
And lands on a page that asks for the required info to set up a NEW Account:
Email Address - Wealthsimple Password - AirMiles # - & Click to Accept T&Cs

It’s not complicated
It’s strictly a case of one following the STB’s Offer’s directions
I used the link in the STB offer, but there was no box to input AM number when I signed up. They updated their site after I contacted them.
[OP]
May 18, 2012
16 posts
11 upvotes
I knew something wasn't making sence! They are now emailing people to ask for their Airmiles #.

Watch out for an email with the title of " Important: We need your AIR MILES Collector Number" if you used the Wealthsimple offer near the start.

Thank you for signing up for a Wealthsimple account through the AIR MILES Shop the Block offer!

To apply this exclusive promotion, we require your AIR MILES Collector Number so you can receive 500 Bonus Miles when you make a $500 deposit within 90 days.

Please complete this typeform in order to receive your Bonus Miles. You will need to provide your 11-digit AIR MILES Collector Number.

Thank you, and let us know on any questions!

The Wealthsimple Team
[OP]
May 18, 2012
16 posts
11 upvotes
FYI - They are now emailing people to ask for their Airmiles #. Watch out for an email with the title of "Important: We need your AIR MILES Collector Number" if you used the Wealthsimple offer near the start.

Thank you for signing up for a Wealthsimple account through the AIR MILES Shop the Block offer!
To apply this exclusive promotion, we require your AIR MILES Collector Number so you can receive 500 Bonus Miles when you make a $500 deposit within 90 days.
Please complete this typeform in order to receive your Bonus Miles. You will need to provide your 11-digit AIR MILES Collector Number.
Thank you, and let us know on any questions!

The Wealthsimple Team
Feb 21, 2015
76 posts
42 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
My bonus miles for my Nov 20th posted yesterday. To my surprise it shows 500 HOLIDAY BONUS REWARDS MILES and another 400 BONUS REWARDS MILES as well!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11137 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
biglazybug wrote: My bonus miles for my Nov 20th posted yesterday. To my surprise it shows 500 HOLIDAY BONUS REWARDS MILES and another 400 BONUS REWARDS MILES as well!
Wow, nice surprise BONUS
CONGRATULATIONS !
Oct 23, 2002
427 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
biglazybug wrote: My bonus miles for my Nov 20th posted yesterday. To my surprise it shows 500 HOLIDAY BONUS REWARDS MILES and another 400 BONUS REWARDS MILES as well!
I think those 400 AM relate to an Air Miles Shops offer. I wonder if the penalty for not maintaining a $500 balance would also stack...
Sep 21, 2008
473 posts
421 upvotes
Does anybody know where I'd *now* find the full Terms and Conditions for the Wealthsimple offer now that shoptheblock.ca is dead?

Thanks...just trying to figure out how long I have to keep the money in there, if there are penalties, etc....
Sep 28, 2018
63 posts
32 upvotes
London
buriboi wrote: Does anybody know where I'd *now* find the full Terms and Conditions for the Wealthsimple offer now that shoptheblock.ca is dead?

Thanks...just trying to figure out how long I have to keep the money in there, if there are penalties, etc....
Hopefully this is what you're looking for: